Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O) variant launched; prices hiked by Rs 75,000

Toyota has silently introduced a new variant of the Innova Hycross. The VX (O) trim is available in 7-seater and 8-seater configurations priced at Rs 26.73 lakh and Rs 26.78 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively.

Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O) variant launched; prices hiked by Rs 75,000-2022toyotainnovahycross06.jpg

The new Innova Hycross VX (O) is positioned between the VX and ZX trims. It is offered with a panoramic sunroof with mood lighting, LED fog lamps, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay connectivity and 6 airbags.

The Innova Hycross has also received its first price hike since its launch. Prices for the petrol variants have increased by Rs 25,000, while the Hybrid trims now cost Rs 75,000 more. Following the latest price hike, the base price of the Innova Hycross (G 7-seater) is Rs 18.55 lakh, while the top-spec ZX (O) variant costs Rs 29.72 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Innova Hycross is available with a pure petrol and petrol-hybrid powertrain. The 2.0-litre petrol puts out 172 BHP and 197 Nm. The strong-hybrid version also uses a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine paired with Toyota’s 5th-gen strong-hybrid tech for a combined output of 183 BHP. Both engines are offered with a CVT that drives the front axle.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd March 2023 at 10:23.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O) variant launched; prices hiked by Rs 75,000

The VX(O) seems like a good value variant much demanded by the market. Despite the steep price hike, many waiting for VX and ZX variants may choose to move up/down to VX (O), as one gets the option of 8 seats (for those that are keen on this) as well as 6 airbags. The lack of 6 airbags was a major issue with the VX variant.

It costs about 2 lakhs more than the VX variant and 3 lakhs less than the ZX (O). Pricing seems fair, and proportionate to the value of features added to VX and deleted from ZX.

Features added in VX(O) when compared to VX:
  • Pano sunroof
  • Front fog lamps
  • 10 inch infotainment
  • Wireless Apple Car Play
  • 6 airbags

Features missed in VX (O) as compared to ZX:
  • 17 inch alloys instead of 18 inch (This can be a plus)
  • Dual function DRL + Turn indicator
  • Chrome door belt line
  • Pollution Filter
  • ACC for second row
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Power adjustable driver seat
  • Ottoman in second row seats
  • Powered second row seats for recline
  • Adjustable rear armrest (not relevant for 8 seater)
  • JBL Premium Audio with 9 speakers (gets regular system with 6 speakers instead)
  • Seat belt reminder for second and third row
  • Soft touch front door trim

Price List and Spec Sheet attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O) variant launched; prices hiked by Rs 75,000-screenshot-20230302-10.56.55-am.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hycross-spec.pdf (57.2 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd March 2023 at 11:17.
84.monsoon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:45   #3
BANNED

By this rate, at the end of the life cycle of this model, Innova would be a ₹50 lakh vehicle!
The Rationalist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:57   #4
BHPian

I reckon this model makes the most sense now . The only thing prompting me to go in for the top model was the 6 airbags. I would have anyways preferred the all around fabric seats instead of ventilated leather seats on the front as offered in ZX. ADAS functions aside, no point of going on for the ZX (O) now.
Peaky_blinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:57   #5
BHPian

Fantastic news, Much needed variant.
You cannot have a car costing 30+L OTR having just 2 airbags,
Price increase was also expected seeing the demand, Just one thing I still would miss is cruise control, Just wish they had added it to the Vx (o) atleast.
JShah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post
. ADAS functions aside, no point of going on for the ZX (O) now.
They should make the Toyota Safety Sense package option available for all variants for an extra cost. I feel it should sell like hot cakes, But guess they want to push sales of Zx, So wouldnt be doing that anytime soon.
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:01   #7
BHPian

After my TD the only 2 things I wanted in the lower variant were 6 airbags and electrically adjustable seats... Either that or the choice of a bench middle row in the ZX.. Atleast Toyota seems to be listening to some feed back. Now the crucial question, how many have the patience to wait for 2years for delivery
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:35   #8
BHPian

I test drove the Hycross and cancelled my booking. Was amongst the first ones to book and car was ready for delivery. Downsides - Absolutely unimpressive interiors. Just doesn't feel premium. And the other was the grunt while car tries to pick up speed. Not sure how others found but left me with a very below par experience. The engine revs but doesn't pick up!

Had booked Hector Savy Pro too. Loved the car. Hycross was ready for delivery, Hector not. But decided to wait for Hector instead of going with the Hycross which no one in the family liked.
SoundManiac is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 12:57   #9
BHPian

Am getting my Hycross hopefully next week. Bad news is that the revised price will be applicable.
sabujsen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:24   #10
BHPian

What a shameful lot Toyota has become!
They raise prices but they are proud to share that the delivery will happen next year.
I have pre-booked the car, but no communication, unless called up.

Very entitled behaviour.
turbospooler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 18:19   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
Price increase was also expected seeing the demand, Just one thing I still would miss is cruise control, Just wish they had added it to the Vx (o) atleast.
I thought cruise control was already part of Vx, isn't that true?
anilsequeira is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:21   #12

VX(O) 8 seated is very tempting. Had booked ZX(O) before launch with no updates yet on delivery. Might keep ZX(O) just for ventilated+non-fabric seats and adaptive cruise control.
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:31   #13
BHPian

A price hike within two months from launch and when almost 80% pre-booked customers are yet to receive their cars. Not a very ethical business practice considering the raw materials cost hasn't gone up that much within such a short period and companies usually keep their headroom of profit for those short term increase in production cost. Introductory prices should be there for atleast about 6 months and not just for those first time advertisement materials. Pre booked customers should be given price protection as well. Toyota is milking Indian market way too much in the name of reliability and resale.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 01:54   #14

Less than a month since dealers began receiving the cars, there has been a Rs 75,000 increase.
  • I booked a ZX (O) in Attitude Black way back in November 2022 with Anaamalai Toyota in Dindigul, Tamil Nadu.
  • Unfortunately, the dealer is clueless of the allocation status, and despite sending three complaints to Toyota-Kirloskar Motor (TKM), India, there is no update on the delivery timeline.
  • All those who are yet to take delivery are liable to pay the Rs 75,000 premium as the booking receipt states that prices at the time of delivery prevail. There is no price protection as Mahindra offered.
  • Toyota's attitude is on a high, post the launch of Hyryder and Hycross. Their showroom and sales experience is non-existent; I hope their service does not falter.
newton_meteor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:39   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
VX still gets the Cruise Control. Hence VX(O) and ZX has cruise Control. Its the ZX(O) that has the Adaptive Cruise Control.
Toyota Innova Hycross VX(O) variant launched; prices hiked by Rs 75,000-vx.png
chaitanyaa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks