Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2023, 10:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Tell us about your post-delivery problems | Cars & Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
I am glad that they fixed it free of cost. I have heard a lot of bad reviews about Yamaha in Thoraipakkam, where one of my friends had an issue with the ABS right from the day he purchased it. They asked him to wait until the first service, and then they did something which did not fix the issue. This continued through the second and third service, and now they are asking him around 10k to replace some parts. His mistake was that he waited until the first service and every subsequent service to fix the issue, instead of addressing it all at once.
My relationship with them were quite good(I never faced any problem with the bike though till I sold it). The bend pipe started to rust and the service advisor even painted the bend pipe out of good will.

A similar issue happened to me with my KTM duke 200 my2015. The 3rd gear alone didn't show up on the console after few weeks of buying the motorcycle. During my free services and within warranty period, they cleaned/adjusted the gear position sensor which then will work for a day or two. I ignored it just like your friend. Once the warranty ended and when I requested the same to be checked during the paid service, they suggested to change the gear position sensor. I never changed it as the cost wasn't worth the minor niggle and I got used to it by then (if no gear number is on the console, it means I'm on 3rd gear )
Old 4th March 2023, 10:16   #17
BHPian

Good to know that this is resolved. Headache from other's mistakes. When i take a delivery of my vehicle i always drive the it around the service centre for 10-15 minutes just to ensure all is ok. Then leave the place. Hope it helps.
Old 4th March 2023, 11:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Then the sales rep told us that they didn't have the stock of the radiator fan currently. However, for us, they had taken the fan from a motorcycle that was in the showroom and installed it.

"I asked, 'What? Fine, at least they didn't take it from another guy's motorcycle.' Then I asked what if they were going to sell that bike to someone in the future with the same issue. The sales rep replied that they had already placed an order for a new fan, and once they got it, they would install the new one in that bike.
Wow! I think the showroom might’ve installed the broken radiator fan in their demo bike. Just in case someone tries to make a run for it the showroom will know the bike won’t go past 2 kilometres.

PS: a showroom switching components between bikes like this is a dangerous place to service your bike. Avoid them!
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Wow! I think the showroom might’ve installed the broken radiator fan in their demo bike. Just in case someone tries to make a run for it the showroom will know the bike won’t go past 2 kilometres.
Haha, that's an interesting idea. It's a simple security system, isn't it? Installing one in the showcase bike is fine, but I doubt they will place a new order. In my opinion, they may be patiently waiting for a vehicle that is bound to have an accident. If the radiator fan is not impacted in the accident, they would swap it and inform the owner that the radiator fan is broken. I have seen such incidents happen at other showrooms, and it's possible that it could happen here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
PS: a showroom switching components between bikes like this is a dangerous place to service your bike. Avoid them!
True, but my relationship with the service manager actually grew stronger not just because of that incident. They had another issue with the bike's leg guard constantly breaking at high speeds, and they fixed it twice. I also emailed Bajaj to make sure the issue was addressed. After that, I made sure to do all my service with them and always let them know it's my bike so they're aware that I'll be back to address any issues or new scratches.
raptor_diwan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 15:01   #20

My TVS raider developed a speedometer malfunction 2 weeks after delivery. It would show speeds as 160kmph when bike was stationary and even if it was on the move 160kmph is way beyond what the bike is capable of. When riding the speed would be all over tha place. Everything else worked just fine.
I called the showroom and the sales person told me to bring to him. Unfortunately I was living 100 kilometres away and sales manager told me find another showroom.
I found one nearby which did not have the equipment to diagnose. They directed me another place 10 kilometres away where the tech plugged in a computer and did something. It worked fine after that. When I enquired as to why the issue occured he said it was a software issue and he fixed it.
It did not sound convincing but i didn't have much of a choice there. I still face issues with startup where the bike takes multiple attempts to start or the bike takes twice or thrice the usual time to start.
Vamsi5349 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 00:49   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:

I went back home and finally settled down with a good feeling about the bike. I laughed so hard about the reason the senior technician gave.
Do go to the showroom, have a word with the GM and let him know what transpired and that you wouldn't be giving your service business to their dealership with such incompetent technicians! God knows how many customers might have faced ordeals coz of those jokers.

Take your father or friend along.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 19:24   #22
BHPian

I have a Dominar 2017 model, I brought in June 2017, took the delivery did Pooja rode it for almost 100 kms in the first 2 days, no problem occurred. On the forth day, took it out went to the showroom, picked up paper work, then picked up mom from office and 4kms away from the bike stopped, in rush hour traffic. Tried starting it, it would start and then shut down. Called up the sales person, he immediately sent the head technician with some extra fuses, but they were unable to fix it and agreed to tow it to the showroom and get it diagnosed and repaired the next day. Next day, I cancelled my date 😅 (men will be, men) and sat at the service centre and got it repaired. Problem, the radiator fan had conked off and they procured a KTM fan to fix it. The sales and service team were helpful, and in the beginning they had limited showrooms and service centers dealing with Dominar. The radiator works well even today, but the pain point happens to be the coolant.

After riding the bike for around 20k kms, the service centre always complained about coolant mixing with the oil, during service. Once they changed the oil seals, and next time the water pump but the issue persisted and during late 2020, I could see the coolant level dropping drastically, 300kms and the coolant level reaches minimum.

With service centres being of no help, I got in touch Vikas Rachamalla(YouTuber), who happened to own a good workshop with some others partners. He suggested me, it's a common problem and can be rectified if we change the body balancer and will cost around 10k if the parts are available. I was lucky, the parts were available and I got my bike back with 3-4 days, early Jan 2021. For two years, there was no problem all was well, until Dec 2022, exactly after 2yrs, the same problem cropped and the same solution worked, costing another 12k. At the moment, it is doing its duties as a daily runner and occasional highway trips. I am not very happy with the coolant experience and the constant need to get it repaired, but I don't have a choice. Even, If I sell my Dominar, I don't have an affordable upgrade. Hope the super meteor solves this for me.
Old 15th March 2023, 20:39   #23
BHPian

On the delivery day of our EcoSport, when we went to the fuel station just 300m away from the dealership the car refused to start up after filling up. The battery went flat. Called the dealer, who got a TD vehicle and some jump leads. Jump started the car, drove straight to the service center. Battery was checked and found to have some issue. Replaced immediately under warranty. All in all it was a very eventful delivery day.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 22:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvamshi04 View Post
the service centre always complained about coolant mixing with the oil, during service. Once they changed the oil seals, and next time the water pump but the issue persisted and during late 2020, I could see the coolant level dropping drastically, 300kms and the coolant level reaches minimum.
Yes, as you said, many Dominar users had faced the issue of coolant mixing with oil. YouTube is full of videos about this, which I researched before purchasing my Dominar. However, I guess this issue has been fixed in the latest models and I didn't face it. Instead, I had another issue where the leg guard would break when I rode the bike at or above 140KMPH. To fix this, they had to remove the bolt using welding and then put in a new bolt. This issue occurred twice, but on the third occasion, I sent an email to Bajaj and they took care of it. After that, I tried riding at

Here's the few links related to bolt issue in Dominar -

Many people may not have experienced this issue because they would not ride their bikes at 140 or 150 KMPH. However, I believe there are a few bikes that have a weak bolt in the leg guard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks