Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 17:46   #106
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Try enquiring at different dealerships. Here in Bangalore at least, most variants are available within 3-4 weeks. One of my friends got delivery of his XZA+ Safari (Non Dark) 20 days from booking.
I agree. I am trying not to have to run around for a car. Paid booking at one dealership and just trying my patience :-)
Old 13th June 2023, 14:08   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmonk View Post
From what the dealer is claiming, the facelift will probably mark the departure of the diesel paving way to Petrol and Electric options. However they're not claiming there won't be diesels going forward. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the current XZA (O). Would be a great buy if this indeed is the last of the diesels from the stable.
You mean they'll NOT have the diesels in the facelift? Is there any source for this information? That would be a huge shock for a lot of people including me. Tatas have always been known for diesel cars!

I'm in fact in a fix about the new safari, I want to book it (and even if given an option between a new petrol engine vs the current diesel, I'd always take the diesel), but if there is a facelift coming along in by diwali, I'd rather atleast wait for details around what is getting updated in the facelift. Would love to hear if anyone has any information around that.
Old 3rd July 2023, 20:14   #108
BHPian

My wait of over four months to get my hands on the Tata Safari (with variants changing from XZA+ to XDA+ #Dark edition and finally buying the XZA+ #Red Dark) was totally worth it. Special thanks to Vinod Nair and other bhpians who helped me out with suggestions and contacts to reduce the agony of the wait.
Having completed about a month plus and 4700 km plus on the car, I have one thing to say, I am loving it. Just finished a round trip Kanpur Jaipur Vadodara Pune Vadodara Jaipur Delhi n back at Kanpur. The shortcomings during the PDI and the aftertaste of the arguments with the dealer just vanished as I started to drive and enjoy the car. Hope to do a detailed writeup soon.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 01:31   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidzPolo View Post
Try checking with Dealer once again. I booked my Safari XZA+(O) Grey on 11th Mar 23 at Tata Panchkula, vehicle allocated on 12th Mar, car arrived on 24th Mar late evening, PDI done on 25th Mar and took delivery on 26th Mar. The delivery experience was smooth as butter.

There were few PDI issues (internal ADAS cover was loose), which SA assured to get it fixed in next visit.

But TASS is still in its stone-age era, wherein customers are taken for granted. I found a cut on tyre on 27th Mar, reported it to SA immediately. He assured me tyre replacement over phone. However when I went to Service station on 28th Mar, Service team initially denied to replace the tyre and pressed for claim from Bridgestone. They fixed the ADAS internal cover using double-tape. I took pictures of all this work. The Service GM at Tata Panchkula then threatened me to break my phone and throw me out. I had this recorded and left. They didn't even perform the Software upgrade on my car, for which their CRM team had called me a day ago. SA called me after about 10 mins and agreed to get the tyre replaced, check the ADAS cover and perform software update.

SA was a really nice guy and managed my booking efficiently, so I went back considering him taking lead to resolve issues. Finally all issues were resolved. Tyre replaced with new one, ADAS cover replaced with new cover (no double-tape needed now) and software update. Later Service GM introduced me to owner of Tata Panchkula as well. (Seems Sales GM reported the incident to Owner and then he managed the whole situation smoothly)

Finally I was satisfied, but still would not visit this Tata Panchkula again as I have to interact with Service team (GM) only. Sales team has done their work and over to Service department now. Interacting with same Service GM would be a nightmare.

I was looking for an upgrade from Bridgestone Ecopia 260/60R18 to Michelin PS4 SUV 255/55/R18, but now the Tata Panchkula owner has suggested me against it citing car warranty will be voided if I perform any changes on car. Strange! I have done same updates on my other cars (non-Tata) and never faced such response.

Though Harrier/Safari are nice cars, but be wary of TASS before taking final call. All the best.
I am presently going through a same experience with the Tata Authorised Service Center. I gave my car today for the first service at Sree Gokulam Tata , kochi. I was disheartened to see the way they treat customers and also my iRA app shows car being driven for about 7 km with highest speed of more than 80 kms without the servicing even starting. Will be discussing these issues with SA and update here.

But just a question did anyone face the same or its just bad time and space for me?
Old 25th August 2023, 22:08   #110
BHPian

Is anyone facing any issues with ADAS and other security features with XZA+ (O) Dark Edition version?

Last edited by graaja : 26th August 2023 at 05:57. Reason: Minor typo
Anupam1024 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th August 2023, 06:20   #111

Is anyone aware of the mandatory recall for Harrier's fuel pump alignment? Mine was called in and fixed yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Is anyone facing any issues with ADAS and other security features with XZA+ (O) Dark Edition version?
Won't call them issues but ADAS need to be taken with a pinch of salt on Indian roads. The two that irk me are the collision warning and lane change assist. Also sometimes when car experiences a jerk, the rear collision warning which triggers hazard lights get activated. But mostly the features work as programmed.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th October 2023 at 17:00. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 24th September 2023, 21:17   #112

Disappointing experience with Tata Safari 2023 with ADAS

I own a Safari 2023 with ADAS. Experience is a bit disappointing.

ADAS does not have adaptive cruise control or auto lane keep. But that’s on me that I did not review ADAS features properly and not on Tata.

However reason for disappointment is different.

1. Within first month faced transmission issue. Car jerked violently when I switched from park to reverse mode. Same when I switched to drive mode. Post that car showed transmission error on dash and entered in limp mode, which restricted the speed to 80kmph. Took the car to Tata Service station. Car stayed there for 2 weeks. Initially I was told that car may need gearbox replacement - however later I was informed that it is resolved via some driver software update.

2. Tata Ira car kept sending me error as lose battery connection. Took the car to the service station and they told me that it’s an issue with Ira. After few days error stopped on its own.

3. Wireless CarPlay on iPhone is hit or miss. Sometime it works quickly. Sometimes it take multiple attempts to get it to work. More of annoyance than an issue.

4. DTE is showing 350km range when fuel light is on and fuel is low.

5. In 6 seater version bucket seats do not fold. Very difficult to get into last row in 6 seater version. Best suited for kids.

6. Tata service experience is not as smooth as ford. Service slots cannot be booked via app as service station only accepts booking via phone. Slots are not available for many days in future.

Overall the car is fine however as I am a tech lover, not enjoying the high end tech due to its glitches. I recommend buying lower version and not pay for useless ADAS features.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th September 2023 at 11:50. Reason: Poorly written post. Multiple clean up edits.
tanhyd2023 is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 25th September 2023, 12:39   #113
BHPian

Re: Disappointing experience with Tata Safari 2023 with ADAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanhyd2023 View Post
I own a Safari 2023 with ADAS. Experience is a bit disappointing.

However reason for disappointment is different.

1. Within first month faced transmission issue. Car jerked violently when I switched from park to reverse mode. Same when I switched to drive mode. Post that car showed transmission error on dash and entered in limp mode, which restricted the speed to 80kmph.
Weirdest things possible. I had the exact same issue as your point 1 yesterday and I am told software issue. It all started with ADAS somehow..Two similar cars with similar failure on same day.

Point 2 is because you or the service center removed battery connection and did not clear DTC after that (a necessary step with this car, else you will get a notification by sms as well every morning if KYC is completed)

Issue 4 is a normal thing. Ignore it else learn to ignore it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th September 2023 at 16:21. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 14:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post

Issue 4 is a normal thing. Ignore it else learn to ignore it.
At times I feel for owners who trust TATA and spend 25 big ones on their cars. Isn't the basic expectation of ownership is when there is a problem they are sorted out? Instead, owners are getting used to ignoring some of the "liveable" problems. Maybe, this will not dent TATA now, but if in future when the competition gives safe products with far more superior and niggle free products, TATA will start losing its existing customer base. We all are well aware of where TATA was a decade back, with no second thoughts its their hard work in designing good cars has brought them up the ladder, let them not throw them away.
vvivek85 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 14:12   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
At times I feel for owners who trust TATA and spend 25 big ones on their cars. Isn't the basic expectation of ownership is when there is a problem they are sorted out? Instead, owners are getting used to ignoring some of the "liveable" problems. Maybe, this will not dent TATA now, but if in future when the competition gives safe products with far more superior and niggle free products, TATA will start losing its existing customer base. We all are well aware of where TATA was a decade back, with no second thoughts its their hard work in designing good cars has brought them up the ladder, let them not throw them away.
Totally agree. How in world a car costing 25-30 lacs not run straight? And people expected to live with it because that's normal trait of Safari , Harrier.

That's fundamental. Before anything else such as gizmos and infotainment and sunroof and boss mode, Tata must get the basics of their flagship car right. Only those who are pushing hard getting it fixed by subframe shift. If the resolution is known then why not fix it in production itself.

I showed the SA water dripping from struts of boot hatch after one week of car getting exposed to water. Clearly there was water logging on the insides of hatch. SA just shrugged it off and said he can't do much. It's very disappointing specially at this price point.
Rodie09 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 14:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Weirdest things possible. I had the exact same issue as your point 1 yesterday and I am told software
Kindly check if there is a left pulling issue. In my Harrier this has resulted in uneven tyre worn out and it seems there is no solution and we have to live with that.
Old 25th September 2023, 14:30   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Kindly check if there is a left pulling issue. In my Harrier this has resulted in uneven tyre worn out and it seems there is no solution and we have to live with that.
In my post just before yours, I have mentioned about the correction via subframe shift. Why one should live with such a fundamental problem on an expensive car?
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 14:35   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
We all are well aware of where TATA was a decade back, with no second thoughts its their hard work in designing good cars has brought them up the ladder, let them not throw them away.
Designing good cars and providing features is one of the easiest things to change in the industry. All it takes is a few supplier meetings and deals. But you cant change principles and processes that have hardened itself across the organization and its dealer fraternity from more than just a decade. That requires a complete overhaul of the organisation, management and they would definitely need quite a bunch of people from Japanese companies to do this. Else the company will suffocate itself in such issues and the downtrend will repeat, just that this time its not about boring cars and lack of features but something bigger. Poor customer experience is the make or break of brands in the Indian market and is a difficult ditch to get any company out of. Why do you think these Japanese companies thrive well even though they have their share of troubles? Thats because there will be one defect per million cars or million cars having the same defect. But in case of Tata only the million is common - Either one car having million issues or million cars having million different issues.

Last edited by audioholic : 25th September 2023 at 14:36.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 15:07   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
In my post just before yours, I have mentioned about the correction via subframe shift. Why one should live with such a fundamental problem on an expensive car?
My service centre didn't hear about this. I mentioned the issue multiple times but with no solution. They told me every Harrier has this issue and I need to correct it by holding the steering. 2 tyres have 5-10% tread left while the other 2 have 40-50%. My car is at 38k. Another issue is that brake noise like a truck.
Old 25th September 2023, 17:23   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
My service centre didn't hear about this. I mentioned the issue multiple times but with no solution. They told me every Harrier has this issue and I need to correct it by holding the steering. 2 tyres have 5-10% tread left while the other 2 have 40-50%. My car is at 38k. Another issue is that brake noise like a truck.
It comes like that from the factory unfortunately, you need to correct it within a few days of delivery with a competent alignment shop otherwise its too late. Nowadays tyres are designed to extract maximum FE , so they are very prone to alignment issues.

Brake noise , a bit of cleaning may help however given the Kms on the odometer you may need to replace the pads or both pads and rotors if there is scouring marks.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks