Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2023, 16:54   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Did a PDI of my 2023 Tata Safari XZA+ (O) Adventure Persona in White color. Man, the car looks amazing in the white shade with all the black accents, I am in love with it. PDI was successfully completed and it came with the software updated, including the Apple CarPlay.

One observation: Front right and Rear right tires were mounted inside out, whereas the left side was fine with the manufacturing dates visible. I was told it is normal and should not be an issue. Any expert opinions on this?
fusionbang is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 15:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
One observation: Front right and Rear right tires were mounted inside out, whereas the left side was fine with the manufacturing dates visible. I was told it is normal and should not be an issue. Any expert opinions on this?
An update on this, I was told the Bridgestone Ecopia EP850 tires are bidirectional and no issues with the tires being inside out. It should not be a problem with the wear & tear of the tires.

I am looking at getting the delivery in 3-4 days
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 23:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
I can't PM you so I'll just post here. Check with Dev motors on SB road. They are really quick with allocating cars.
Last month they got me a 2023 manufactured Nexon in 4 days when Garve quoted a waiting period of 4 months.
Also yesterday I got my Safari XZA+ allocated and I've just booked it on 10th March.
Seems like some production issues with Dark Edition models. Can someone else also verify ?
Old 20th April 2023, 13:47   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Harrier and Safari new infotainment system now comes with 200+ Voice commands in 6 different languages.

Attachment 2421069

Link
I have the new Safari with ADAS XZA+(O). Everything is fine except the ConnectNext app. Gives an error: "Connect your phone to the infotainment system". It just does not connect. Is this expected?

What I have tried so far:
1. Infotainment restart
2. Infotainment reset
3. Infotainment reset with ConnectNext app uninstall/re-install
4. Connection with USB cable
5. Firmware update of the infotainment (done by authorised Tata Service Centre).

None of the above works. Any idea?
Old 20th April 2023, 14:40   #95
BHPian

I don't own a Safari, but I have seen a similar issue in my Kwid. The Android Auto functions using a wired connectivity in Kwid. That cable must be of high quality which supports data transfer. The cable which came along with phone did not work, so bought a new braided high quality cable and it works like a charm now. Might be a similar issue in your case?
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 15:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdesaspect View Post
I have the new Safari with ADAS XZA+(O). Everything is fine except the ConnectNext app. Gives an error: "Connect your phone to the infotainment system". It just does not connect. Is this expected?

What I have tried so far:
1. Infotainment restart
2. Infotainment reset
3. Infotainment reset with ConnectNext app uninstall/re-install
4. Connection with USB cable
5. Firmware update of the infotainment (done by authorised Tata Service Centre).

None of the above works. Any idea?
ConnectNext app does not work for the Safari or Harrier. It is only for Tiago, Tigor & Nexon, maybe Punch & Altroz also.

iRA app is the one for Safari/Harrier. It will be activated once the dealer submits your KYC. You should get an OTP which you have provide to the dealer before they submit. Hope this information helps.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 16:09   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
ConnectNext app does not work for the Safari or Harrier. It is only for Tiago, Tigor & Nexon, maybe Punch & Altroz also.

iRA app is the one for Safari/Harrier. It will be activated once the dealer submits your KYC. You should get an OTP which you have provide to the dealer before they submit. Hope this information helps.
Oh OK. Thanks for the info. The confusing aspects are:
1. In the Safari infotainment system, it says use the "ConnectNext" app to upload profile pictures etc.
2. In the ConnectNext app, under the Car selection, there is Safari and under Safari, all variants are listed.
3. One of my friends who has older (2022) Safari is able to use ConnectNext

Those made me wonder what is wrong.

The reason why I was trying ConnectNext is to see if that has volume control for the music. Not sure about the old infotainment system, but in the new (2023) infotainment system, there is no way to change volume other than steering wheel buttons or touch screen operations. Even Android Auto is unable to change volume. Very difficult for passengers (not driver) to operate quickly.

Yes, iRA is working absolutely fine. No issues with any functionality or feature.
hegdesaspect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 17:17   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdesaspect View Post
Oh OK. Thanks for the info. The confusing aspects are:
1. In the Safari infotainment system, it says use the "ConnectNext" app to upload profile pictures etc.
2. In the ConnectNext app, under the Car selection, there is Safari and under Safari, all variants are listed.
3. One of my friends who has older (2022) Safari is able to use ConnectNext

Those made me wonder what is wrong.
Oh okay, was not aware of this. Will check in my car and let you know if I find something.
Old 2nd May 2023, 16:08   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek.sanyal View Post
Hello BHP'ians

After a lot of research and countless test drives - I have booked the TATA Safari 2.0 XZ+ Dark Edition. Booked from Wasan Motors Mumbai and now awaiting the allocation details.

I must admit that going through this thread has helped me a lot ... looking forward to any specific pre-delivery tips and advise (would be highly recommended)
If possible please upgrade to Automatic. I have done 30K on my Harrier and the gearbox+clutch is not the best. The clutch is extremely heavy the flywheel is lousy. You wont get a premium experience driving the manual. It will be very jerky.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 03:45. Reason: Typos / edits.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Camouflaged Safari Facelift spotted, with the current XUV700, undergoing testing.
Is there a new facelift in the horizon? Anyone knows when they would be launched? Harrier is one of the vehicles I am looking to pick up in the next couple of months, but I can wait if there is a facelift.
Old 12th May 2023, 20:17   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Is there a new facelift in the horizon? Anyone knows when they would be launched? Harrier is one of the vehicles I am looking to pick up in the next couple of months, but I can wait if there is a facelift.
Looks like - I guess this could be a Diwali launch.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ng-indore.html (Tata Safari facelift spotted testing in Indore)
Old 14th May 2023, 09:58   #102

From what the dealer is claiming, the facelift will probably mark the departure of the diesel paving way to Petrol and Electric options. However they're not claiming there won't be diesels going forward. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the current XZA (O). Would be a great buy if this indeed is the last of the diesels from the stable.
Old 1st June 2023, 09:01   #103

After much deliberation and going through countless reviews and threads we have finally booked the new updated Tata safari XZA PLUS in Daytona Grey. I hope TATAs infamous QC and ASS are much better than earlier. Have been hearing some positive reviews off late about their service centres and customer centric approach.

Would also like to mention that the TD and the booking process was handled quite well. Waiting to get the PDI done and get the beast home.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 03:43. Reason: Minor spacing edit for readability.
Kashifh83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 14:26   #104
BHPian

I am running into the 5th week since booking Safari Red Dark XZA+ and absolutely no clue of allocation/delivery. I am told no production and no availability at the factory. Seems the XZA+(O) is mostly available but the Non-ADAS ones have no updates.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 03:42. Reason: Expanding abbreviation.
Old 12th June 2023, 16:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
I am running into the 5th week since booking Safari RDK XZA+ and absolutely no clue of allocation/delivery. I am told no production and no availability at the factory. Seems the XZA+(O) is mostly available but the Non-ADAS ones have no updates.
Try enquiring at different dealerships. Here in Bangalore at least, most variants are available within 3-4 weeks. One of my friends got delivery of his XZA+ Safari (Non Dark) 20 days from booking.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks