Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 17:35   #76
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
Tata needs to update their booking and vehicle allocation process through online with more transparency of each steps like production, shipping, etc.. to customers directly rather than through dealers
Couldn’t agree more. I booked my car on 30 Jan. And it is still not on the horizon. Tata Motors have probably left the customers at the mercy or discretion of the dealers. I hope it is worth the wait.
Old 21st March 2023, 22:38   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post
Couldn’t agree more. I booked my car on 30 Jan. And it is still not on the horizon. Tata Motors have probably left the customers at the mercy or discretion of the dealers. I hope it is worth the wait.
Hey what car/varient have you booked and with which dealer? As far as I know there's not really much of a waiting period for the Harrier/Safari.
Old 22nd March 2023, 01:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Hey what car/varient have you booked and with which dealer? As far as I know there's not really much of a waiting period for the Harrier/Safari.
Well even I thought so. It’s a Safari XZA+ #Dark edition
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Well even I thought so. It’s a Safari XZA+ #Dark edition
I can't PM you so I'll just post here. Check with Dev motors on SB road. They are really quick with allocating cars.
Last month they got me a 2023 manufactured Nexon in 4 days when Garve quoted a waiting period of 4 months.
Also yesterday I got my Safari XZA+ allocated and I've just booked it on 10th March.
SneakyFunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:58   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
I can't PM you so I'll just post here. Check with Dev motors on SB road. They are really quick with allocating cars.
Last month they got me a 2023 manufactured Nexon in 4 days when Garve quoted a waiting period of 4 months.
Also yesterday I got my Safari XZA+ allocated and I've just booked it on 10th March.
Many thanks for the input. But as of now I am not in Pune. Booking is done at Kanpur and I am looking at a mid April availability of the car.
Old 25th March 2023, 01:38   #81
BHPian

I was hoping TATA MOTORs to launch the safari/Harrier with updated steering and full Level 2 ADAS. Truck like steering and no Acc and lane keep assist is a big turnoff On a car which costs almost 30L. They could not achieve what Mahindra did 2 years ago !

Xuv700 by far remains the best product in that price bracket. Yet I wonder how they totally ignored the rear radars, may be to keep costs in check ?

And man, the Xuv 700 EV is gonna create a storm in the market by next year.
Old 25th March 2023, 19:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
I was hoping TATA MOTORs to launch the safari/Harrier with updated steering and full Level 2 ADAS. Truck like steering and no Acc and lane keep assist is a big turnoff On a car which costs almost 30L. They could not achieve what Mahindra did 2 years ago !
I think Level 2 ADAS and other upgrades maybe updated with the New facelift Harrier and Safari due to launch in the next few months or maybe in Jan 24. Maybe all the sold cars too may get an update then. I think they are cautious on the roll out of ADAS as they don't want to get tangled in unnecessary bad propaganda and it maybe a wait and watch for their R&D team.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 01:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
I think Level 2 ADAS and other upgrades maybe updated with the New facelift Harrier and Safari due to launch in the next few months or maybe in Jan 24. Maybe all the sold cars too may get an update then. I think they are cautious on the roll out of ADAS as they don't want to get tangled in unnecessary bad propaganda and it maybe a wait and watch for their R&D team.
Possible. May be it’s just to avoid those ludicrous stunts performed by some on social media. I believe they’ll delay the facelift.
Old 26th March 2023, 06:53   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post

Xuv700 by far remains the best product in that price bracket. Yet I wonder how they totally ignored the rear radars, may be to keep costs in check ?

And man, the Xuv 700 EV is gonna create a storm in the market by next year.
Though as a customer its fair for everyone to keep higher expectations, but sharing my own opinion. I found the ADAS on harrier/safari very practical for indian road conditions. Keeping you aware while letting you still be in full control is precisely what I would expect from a safety system. One can certainly argue that at this price we should get the option but there is no car out there which checks all the boxes. I know of people who have these features on volvo XC60 yet they keep it turned off because they are too intrusive and thats a 80L OTR car.
ThunderIce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 13:17   #85
BHPian

I agree. Depends on what one wants too. What I don’t like in safari/harrier is the truck like steering. Gone are those days when we used drive for few hrs and enjoy the hydraulic steering. These days with crazy city traffic, driving these cars for 6 hrs would be it for women. Yes,sometimes when I combine several tasks, I do spend 4-6 hrs driving in the city ! And besides, more automation = less fatigue.

Mahindra XUV700’s Adas works brilliantly in Indian traffic conditions, compared many foreign brand.
Probably due to extensive testing and Tuning for Indian traffic conditions.
Old 3rd April 2023, 13:42   #86

Quote:
I booked my car on 30 Jan. And it is still not on the horizon. Tata Motors have probably left the customers at the mercy or discretion of the dealers.
Try checking with Dealer once again. I booked my Safari XZA+(O) Grey on 11th Mar 23 at Tata Panchkula, vehicle allocated on 12th Mar, car arrived on 24th Mar late evening, PDI done on 25th Mar and took delivery on 26th Mar. The delivery experience was smooth as butter.

There were few PDI issues (internal ADAS cover was loose), which SA assured to get it fixed in next visit.

But TASS is still in its stone-age era, wherein customers are taken for granted. I found a cut on tyre on 27th Mar, reported it to SA immediately. He assured me tyre replacement over phone. However when I went to Service station on 28th Mar, Service team initially denied to replace the tyre and pressed for claim from Bridgestone. They fixed the ADAS internal cover using double-tape. I took pictures of all this work. The Service GM at Tata Panchkula then threatened me to break my phone and throw me out. I had this recorded and left. They didn't even perform the Software upgrade on my car, for which their CRM team had called me a day ago. SA called me after about 10 mins and agreed to get the tyre replaced, check the ADAS cover and perform software update.

SA was a really nice guy and managed my booking efficiently, so I went back considering him taking lead to resolve issues. Finally all issues were resolved. Tyre replaced with new one, ADAS cover replaced with new cover (no double-tape needed now) and software update. Later Service GM introduced me to owner of Tata Panchkula as well. (Seems Sales GM reported the incident to Owner and then he managed the whole situation smoothly)

Finally I was satisfied, but still would not visit this Tata Panchkula again as I have to interact with Service team (GM) only. Sales team has done their work and over to Service department now. Interacting with same Service GM would be a nightmare.

I was looking for an upgrade from Bridgestone Ecopia 260/60R18 to Michelin PS4 SUV 255/55/R18, but now the Tata Panchkula owner has suggested me against it citing car warranty will be voided if I perform any changes on car. Strange! I have done same updates on my other cars (non-Tata) and never faced such response.

Though Harrier/Safari are nice cars, but be wary of TASS before taking final call. All the best.
SidzPolo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 04:38   #87

Took the delivery of my Harrier XZA+(O) Dark edition on 6th April from SAB Motors Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. Booking was done in Feb end. Car was allotted on 28th March. It seems mine was the first car with ADAS delivered from that showroom. The car looks amazing and also drives well.

Good things -
  1. ADAS works quite well. Autonomous emergency braking kicks in quite nice, I had a close save thanks to it when a bike suddenly cut into my lane. If not for that, he definitely would have gotten hit. I personally love to have lot of tech in my car. It is great to see that ADAS tech has evolved so much and actually works well in peak hour traffic of NCR. I have kept it at medium sensitivity.
  2. Music is superb. 5-6 volume level is more than enough for me.
  3. Car goes crazy in Sports mode. Takes off like a rocket.
  4. Massive road presence. It gets so many eyeballs wherever I park it.
  5. Loads of space in rear seats. Super comfortable place to be. My friends absolutely love the rear seats.
  6. NVM levels are well controlled.
  7. 360 camera is quite useful in tight parking spots. Only works till 17kmph though

Few issues -
  1. Apple car play is not there by default. I was told that a software update will enable it. Is that the case for others too ?
  2. Faced a Drive Control Failed prompt issue when I took it out from showroom. Engine light went on and all three terrain modes were on. Switching off and restarting the car fixed it. Is it something to be concerned about ?
  3. Music doesn't work very smoothly with bluetooth. Today afternoon, it was connected to my iphone bluetooth but kept on switching back to radio. I restarted my phone and re-paired it with the car and it started to work. Later during the day, sometimes it wouldn't display the music controls. Quite annoying. Let's see if it persists. I will have to take it to the service center then. Not something expected from a car within 3 days of delivery.
  4. Wireless Charging area is too congested and unpredictable with iphone. With android it was working quite seamlessly. I am now keeping my phone in center console bottle holder area and charge via cable.
divyanshudas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 23:11   #88

Hello BHP'ians

After a lot of research and countless test drives - I have booked the TATA Safari 2.0 XZ+ Dark Edition. Booked from Wasan Motors Mumbai and now awaiting the allocation details.

I must admit that going through this thread has helped me a lot ... looking forward to any specific pre-delivery tips and advise (would be highly recommended)
abhishek.sanyal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 08:55   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Camouflaged Safari Facelift spotted, with the current XUV700, undergoing testing.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-680360c84ff84598a8e3524580cf4276.jpeg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-89fb0b87b28f4a85afdd520de3c7cf39.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 09:02   #90
BHPian

Loving the vertical headlamp assembly already!
Familyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks