Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 20:44   #46
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What a variant nightmare this is !!!

==================

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the differentiating factor between Safari and Harrier except for seats configuration? Both comes with 4 disc brakes and all features I guess now (though it was only on Safari initially)
Only features Safari has over the Harrier are a powered front passenger seat and ambient lighting around the sunroof. Everything else is common to both cars as far as I know.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 20:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
2023 Tata Safari launched with new safety tech

2023 Tata Safari ex-showroom prices:

[[*]XZ+ 6S Adventure – Rs 22.52 lakh
[[*]XZ+ 6S Adventure – Rs 23.82 lakh
[[/list]

Why there are 2 same varients with different price?
tushky is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 21:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
2023 Tata Safari launched with new safety tech

Tata Motors has launched the MY2023 Safari in India, with prices starting at Rs 15.65 lakh (ex-showroom).

Attachment 2422154

Like the Harrier, the 2023 Safari comes loaded with new tech and features. The SUV gets a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, a 6-way power adjustable driver seat with memory function, ventilated seats in the front and 2nd-row, a panoramic sunroof and ambient lighting.

The Safari is now available with a 360-degree camera and ADAS, which includes features like high beam assist, lane change alert, lane departure warning, door open alert, traffic sign recognition, blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, rear collision warning, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking. It also gets disc brakes all around.

The 2023 Safari uses the same 2.0-litre diesel engine as before. However, the engine has been updated to comply with the RDE norms. It develops 168 BHP and 350 Nm and is available with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

2023 Tata Safari ex-showroom prices:

• XE – Rs 15.65 lakh
  • XM – Rs 17.15 lakh
  • XMS – Rs 18.46 lakh
  • XMAS – Rs 19.76 lakh
  • XT+ - Rs 19.63 lakh
  • XTA+ – Rs 19.98 lakh
  • XZ - Rs 20.48 lakh
  • XZA – Rs 21.78 lakh
  • XZ+ – Rs 20.48 lakh
  • XZ+ 6S – Rs 22.27 lakh
  • XZ+ Adventure – Rs 22.42 lakh
  • XZ+ 6S Adventure – Rs 22.52 lakh
  • XZA+ – Rs 23.47 lakh
  • XZA+ 6S – Rs 23.57 lakh
  • XZ+ Adventure – Rs 23.72 lakh
  • XZ+ 6S Adventure – Rs 23.82 lakh
  • XZ+ (O) – Rs 24.47 lakh
  • XZ+ (O) 6S – Rs 24.57 lakh
  • XZ+ (O) Adventure – Rs 24.72 lakh
  • XZ+ (O) 6S Adventure – Rs 24.82 lakh
Where is the price list of red dark edition?
Old 24th February 2023, 21:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:

While the 2023 Harrier might look similar to the outgoing model, it packs a host of new features. The SUV gets a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a digital instrument cluster and a 6-way power adjustable driver seat with memory function. More importantly, it now comes with a 360-degree camera and ADAS, which includes features like high beam assist, lane change alert, lane departure warning, door open alert, traffic sign recognition, blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, rear collision warning, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking.
While most of the ADAS features looks fine, I am very concerned about 'autonomous emergency braking'. That too from a brand like TATA who can't even get the basics right.

By the way, I want TATA to do great but I'll not put my hard earned money on them.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 22:22   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What a variant nightmare this is !!!
On the website I can see 34 variants. They should have offered #Dark, #RedDark etc.. as add-on packs or customizable options. Wait for the festive season and you might have few other editions like Jet and Kaziranga.

You need to check the variant comparison page on their website. e.g. Just select XZA+, XZA+#Dark & XZA+Red#Dark. At least I am unable to find what is it that we will be paying that extra amount for in the #editions.

The management must have said that you should spoil the customer with choices. Seems like someone took it to heart.
nanoguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 22:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Where is the price list of red dark edition?
Aren't these 75 variants and prices enough?

PS: add ~ 10k to the respective top ZXA+ (O) Adventure edition ex-showroom price. Phew.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 06:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Why there are 2 same varients with different price?
I guess the second one is Automatic price and may have missed mentioning 'A' at the end.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 11:50   #53
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Safari is now available with a 360-degree camera and ADAS, which includes features like high beam assist, lane change alert, lane departure warning, door open alert, traffic sign recognition, blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, rear collision warning, forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking.
For better clarity, can this be stated as ADAS level 0?

Since the Tata Safari does not have adaptive cruise control or lane keep assist, there is no steering, acceleration, or deceleration assist. Hence it qualifies as an ADAS-0 function, similar to the MG ZS EV. In contrast to the MG Astor, MG Hector, and Mahindra XUV 700, which all have ADAS level-2 functionality.
pqr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 15:30   #54
BHPian

TATA has just made upgrades with electronics from an easily available bin, hence nothing that's in the control systems (like acceleration control etc). It's just electronics, not electro-mechanical.

On another thought, add a 4WD and 2 zone climate control priced at 25L and this is a much better package than the Meridian. Same engine, better 6 seater, spacious. Ofcourse that is a Jeep, but hey, the TATA will also last long. It would be such a tempting offer. Atleast you will have the piece of mind that TATA will one fine day not choose to shut shop and go home.

With electrification catch-up how will a 5 year old diesel (what ever BS-XXX standard might be then) be relevant is anybody's guess. Plonking anything 20L+ on new diesel cars needs a lot of thought, though.
man_and_machine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 16:18   #55
BHPian

I had booked the XZA+(O) Dark edition just because I haven't completely made up my mind.
Dealership tells me that the car should start delivering March first week. Since we already own an XUV700 in the family there are no other options I see with Diesel Automatics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Harrier_Brochure.pdf (415.2 KB, 181 views)
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 16:59   #56
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
For better clarity, can this be stated as ADAS level 0?

Since the Tata Safari does not have adaptive cruise control or lane keep assist, there is no steering, acceleration, or deceleration assist. Hence it qualifies as an ADAS-0 function, similar to the MG ZS EV. In contrast to the MG Astor, MG Hector, and Mahindra XUV 700, which all have ADAS level-2 functionality.
Its L1 with autonomous emergency braking.Any idea regarding media drive dates?
Old 25th February 2023, 22:37   #57

Hey guys, I would like to add my views here. I drive a Tata vehicle & have booked an XUV700 after waiting for a year for the Safari facelift to come. I realized that the Safari facelift will not get some of the features that the XUV700 has (after taking a test drive) - incredible 10.25-inch joined dual screens, beautiful door handles that pop out, Level 2 ADAS with features like ACC & Lane Keep Assist (was doubtful/not sure) & the incredible 2.2L Turbo-diesel engine producing 185 odd BHP with modes to manage fuel consumption. The XUV700 steering, on the test-drive, felt incredibly light. The Tata engine is also problematic & the car will not pass a crash test or get a 4/5 star rating due to the motor being a left-hand drive-oriented one (we already know this & hope Tata builds their own 2.2L Turbo-diesel).

The current Safari facelift is priced similar to my AX7L D Auto for which I am waiting (may switch depending on wait time) but I feel that the XUV700 offers better features (from ADAS to the screens to the engine & drivability). The Safari/Harrier are the best looking cars in the segment & are obviously based on the Land Rover Discovery platform & I feel they may have a better road presence. The Safari does offer features like auto dimming IRVM, ventilated seats, etc. but on the whole, the XUV700 seems better. The reason why these 2 are compared is because of the lack of options in the 20-30L 7-seater SUV segment. The Alcazar is overpriced & under-powered, the Innova is good for 32-33L spends (infact I booked an XUV after seeing the Innova pricing - they offer nothing in the models below 30L on-road, offering 2 airbags is ridiculous for a 30L car). At this price point, these 2 cars will define the segment & will draw volumes from the Creta/Seltos (lower segment) which I considered.

But I find the discussion slightly unfair. Tata & Mahindra are playing in different segments. Mahindra's smallest car (the XUV300) is a 4.2 m car - almost as long as Creta. Tata sells 80-90% of its vehicles in the sub-4 m space with Nexon/Punch raking up 60%+ of the sales. So they are doing good in the sub-compact segment. I would buy a Nexon over an XUV400 honestly & I am absolutely thrilled by the Avinya/Sierra concepts (not so much by the Curvv which may do great, but the other 2 could be XUV700 type 1L+ waiting models). I find the Avinya/Sierra concepts better than Mahindra's Born Electric concepts & do see Tata ruling this space. Mahindra, on the other hand, rules in SUVs. Incredible class leading powertrains, 4X4 / AWD options, body-on-frame vehicles & everything from the Scorpio to the Thar are unique propositions to say a Harrier / Safari. It is good that 2 Indian manufacturers are leading in 2 segments - 1 in big SUVs & the other in compact SUVs / cross-over & EVs.

Competition is good & we should avoid monopolies - see how Tata slashed the prices of Nexon. Finally, the percentage of buyers for AWD / 4X4 cars is small (5%, 10%, 15% at best?) & the 1.5-2L premium only appeals to hardcore enthusiasts & this forum doesn't represent the overall target market. So I get why Tata is doing what it is & Mahindra with not a vehicle in the sub 4.2M space & with off-road vehicles like Thar, etc. will need a 4X4 / AWD options. This is a very exciting time for Indian consumers.

Finally congrats to Tata for introducing a 360 camera, bigger infotainment head-unit, etc. Wish them all the success !

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2023 at 15:56. Reason: Edited for better readability
Mr.S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 00:48   #58
BHPian

I probably sound like my dad here, but I miss the days when only options were LXi, VXi, ZXi.

Things got a little freaky initially with (o) trim and ABS and then gradually got out of hand.
vellatechie is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 06:52   #59
BHPian

Omitting LED headlights in 2023 is a sin.
I was hoping that TATA would bring them finally in a facelift. Major amiss.
Old 26th February 2023, 08:16   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
TATA has just made upgrades with electronics from an easily available bin, hence nothing that's in the control systems (like acceleration control etc). It's just electronics, not electro-mechanical.

On another thought, add a 4WD and 2 zone climate control priced at 25L and this is a much better package than the Meridian. Same engine, better 6 seater, spacious. Ofcourse that is a Jeep, but hey, the TATA will also last long. It would be such a tempting offer. Atleast you will have the piece of mind that TATA will one fine day not choose to shut shop and go home.

With electrification catch-up how will a 5 year old diesel (what ever BS-XXX standard might be then) be relevant is anybody's guess. Plonking anything 20L+ on new diesel cars needs a lot of thought, though.
One area where everyone will be challenged is value for money @ the middle & higher segments. Compass/Meridian/Alcazar/Fortuner etc -> Will consumers pole 5-10L extra ? With ADAS Level 2, Engine power etc, Indian brands are challenging everyone. Ford Endeavour 3.2L produces 195bhp while xuv700 turbo diesel produces 185bhp & turbo petrol produces 200 bhp. In contrast Alcazar is underpowered @ 150 bhp or less. You look @ the offerings - From Škoda to VW to Hyundai to Kia, all produce less power than Mahindra/Tata. And Assembly in India for cosy purpose will be key so you will see greater localization otherwise cost wise competitiveness will go out of the window.

I am going for a Diesel SUV to get that one last rush & for the Torque coupled with efficiency. Petrol XUV gives 7-8 vs 12-13-14 for diesel which is a savings of 1 Lakh+ per year with moderate usage. That is 10L odd in 10 years perhaps more with long trips. Besides in 8-10 years, we all have to shift to EVs, neither petrol for hybrid makes sense post 2030 odd when battery prices are expected to fall further making EV price competitive vs ICE & with fast charging & charging stations everywhere (Oil PSUs are planning to cover 1/3rd of the pump with EV in the next 3 years. With our speed & delays, let’s assume 4 years but the world will change in 8-10 years. If you are not living in NCR, Diesel is an option for the next 7-8-9-10 years. I will probably buy a Sierra/savings EV in 2017/18/19 types & then sell my XUV around 2030 when resale value of ICE will continue to fall.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks