Old 11th October 2023, 16:30   #376
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Looks smashing all around!

What I like:
- Handsome exteriors
- Well made interiors
- Comprehensive feature list
- Rear cross traffic alert, ventilated seats, adjustable 2nd row seating, auto dimming IRVM, powered passenger seat and powered tailgate are not available on XUV7OO yet
- ESP!
- Customizable interior colors based on personas

What should have been considered
- Headrest for the middle passenger in the second row (big miss!)
- Powerful petrol option, rumoured 1.6 litre may not be a good fit for a heavy car that needs to move 7 people
- Slightly better luggage space with all seats up, last row seats are too close to the tail gate for comfort

Hope the vehicles delivered to customers are consistent and do not have fit and finish issues or niggles!
abaliga is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 17:36   #377
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sirish Chandran on X (Twitter):

"The transformative update is the switch to electric power steering. I can’t believe the change it makes to the driving experience. Can’t say anything more till embargoed lifts on Saturday (Harrier) & Sunday (Safari)"
HartBandit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 19:16   #378
BHPian

A refreshing update by Tata Motors to both the twins. Looks stunning. I am sure they would have resolved some practical issues of outgoing models. Let's see how they price these upgrades.
jungleroars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 20:52   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Sirish Chandran on X (Twitter):

"The transformative update is the switch to electric power steering. I can’t believe the change it makes to the driving experience.)"
Asked around a bit yesterday and finally I heard the same thing from an Tata insider who drove the car at the plant and promises the new electric steering to be so smooth and literally opposite of the old hydraulic setup. So here's to Electric Power Steering, finally.

Another thing my source also mentioned was about the new Tata dealerships coming across the country over the next 1-2 years. Apparently Tata has invited applications for new dealerships and this time around the major players (think dealer chains) are supposedly being considered, instead of the smaller players earlier. This according to the source, should ease the after sales support and service concerns historically associated with the Tata Motors brand. Don't know how much of this is true, put it in the rumours category for now until we see it for sure. I'll believe it when I see it.

Btw, I have a Hycross ZX (O) delivery pending this month, after waiting for 12 months, and I'm thinking of cancelling it in favor of the new Safari. Other main reason is that the Toyota dealer is being a total jerk about my Kia Carens trade-in valuation, offering only 15 lakhs for a 10 month old, 4,000 kms run, basically brand new car (top variant Diesel automatic which retails for 23.5 Lakhs OTR in Kerala). Any thoughts or advice?

Last edited by inwester : 11th October 2023 at 21:04.
inwester is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 20:53   #380
BHPian

Another request for the admins. Kindly shift the new Tata Safari, Harrier discussion to a new post. Whenever I click this post it shows me the old Tata Safari updated in February.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2023 at 23:19. Reason: Grammar
Kishoreshack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 21:01   #381
BHPian

The new Safari definitely looks more sophisticated now, the interiors are Audi-ish, which is not a bad thing at all.

Good that Peugeot is not in India any more, otherwise, I am sure people would have seen the similarities or is it just me? It's probably just a similar grill design.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-safariplus3008.jpg  

SatishChour is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 21:01   #382
BHPian

Now, it would be nice to have these cars sold in the USA. Will bring good competition and value to the table. Land Rover pedigree, market leading features, safety and security suite at par with everywhere else, spacious, etc.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th October 2023 at 22:37. Reason: Spacing, spelling
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th October 2023, 21:14   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Other main reason is that the Toyota dealer is being a total jerk about my Kia Carens trade-in valuation, offering only 15 lakhs for a 10 month old, 4,000 kms run, basically brand new car (top variant Diesel automatic which retails for 23.5 Lakhs OTR in Kerala). Any thoughts or advice?
This behaviour of the Tata Dealer in Kerala seems quite strange , We had gone for the Tata Harrier pre facelift version and my 2018 Ciaz was valued at over 6.5 Lakhs. Our Dealer in Delhi has called us for the booking on the new Harrier with the exchange price lock still applicable on my car.
drift2race is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:13   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post
Based on the tweet from Sirish, This resolves the uncertainty regarding EPS. Another aspect that requires clarification is the extra space to prevent left leg from touching the dashboard. Once this concern is addressed, the new Safari could pose a challenge to the XUV700. I personally owned a Safari for two years; it had all the features except EPS. Now that this issue has been resolved, I believe we might witness some customers shifting their bookings from the XUV to the Safari soon.

It's true that the XUV boasts a more powerful engine compared to the Safari. However, the Safari's 2.0 Multijet engine is not underpowered; it is more than adequate for highway driving. is it XUV or Safari in people's mind.!
During the unveiling, this confirms EPS

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-screenshot-20231011-10.10.318239pm.png
mukeshannamalai is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:15   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Btw, I have a Hycross ZX (O) delivery pending this month, after waiting for 12 months, and I'm thinking of cancelling it in favor of the new Safari
Tata seems to have solved most of the issues but it is always safe to wait for teambhp review and initial ownership reports. The reliability and after-sales of Toyota will be much better than Tata but Safari is modern looking with good ride quality and features. You should be open to some niggles and ready to engage with service centres for an optimal solution.

Try out Spinny for selling the Carens and for my 2020 Harrier it was a smooth affair with them

Last edited by greyhound82 : 11th October 2023 at 22:25.
greyhound82 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:49   #386
e46
BHPian

I cannot ignore that stupid looking Cyborg helmet that Tata just managed to put on their well built muscular cars.

Looks like a weirdo pumped up gym guy wearing pink hairband.

Verna started this ill fated trend and Tata followed it up. Such a pity.
e46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:54   #387

Can anyone please share their thoughts on the pros and cons of R18 and R19 tyre profiles? I have already made a booking for Harrier Fearless variant but it still comes with R18 profile and R19 is reserved only for Dark editions 🙁.

I hope to change them in future based on the inputs shared here. Thanks in advance.
sjayanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 23:44   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjayanu View Post
Can anyone please share their thoughts on the pros and cons of R18 and R19 tyre profiles? I have already made a booking for Harrier Fearless variant but it still comes with R18 profile and R19 is reserved only for Dark editions 🙁.

I hope to change them in future based on the inputs shared here. Thanks in advance.
The Bigger the rims the lower the profile and harsher the ride. However they look much better visually.
Bluengel180 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 01:45   #389
BHPian

Judging by the replies on this thread, the light bar at the front has had mix reactions. I was watching the new promo videos on their YouTube channel and happened to notice few cars with the light bars switched off and only the earlier DRLs lit up. So it seems as if we would be offered an option to switch the light bar on or off somewhere inside the infotainment system.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-img_6765.jpeg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-img_6766.jpeg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-img_6767.jpeg

Just hope that it’s a feature and not a malfunction on their demo vehicles.
Saurav_Nair is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 07:38   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishoreshack View Post
Another request for the admins
Kindly shift the new Tata safari , harrier discussion to a new post
Whenever i click this post it shows me Feb updated old tata safari
Will be updated on the Official Reviews forum after the embargo is lifted. That's the general practice.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks