Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 15:38   #286
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
I am in same boat. I was delivered car in August and it really hurts to miss out on all the new things.it will be sourer if there is an EPS on this one. Will tata provide such an option to upgrade with some additional cost? Never heard or dealt with such scenario.
I sent a message to tata sales advisor on WhatsApp - just blue ticks and no response. Typical Tata experience. And these guys were after me to write a feedback on them which I held for sometime as I really wanted to test them for a bit longer.
Their attitude.is like- sir, sales done and my job is over. What if I am checking for one of my friend or relatives?

Overall the quality of staff and their sensitivity towards customer is a big problem for Tata.
Difficult to get an experience for a 30 lac purchase at Tata.
I can understand your frustration
but there is no way a Tata Sales Executive can help you with this issue.
You can't get a steering wheel upgrade that's not even possible, you can't get the features in the present facelift in your old vehicle & no amount of blaming TATA sales team will resolve this issue.
There were soo many rumours about the facelift & even the showrooms were acknowledging the fact that facelift is around the corner. There were innumerous spy shots around the internet you still went ahead with the older model, I think that's on you and no one else.
Kishoreshack is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 15:53   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik_2502 View Post
I bought a Safari top model in June 2023. If I have to pay 2-3 lakhs extra for upgrading to the new Safari top model, should I go for it or stick with my purchase? TIA
I would say not to bother. Tata keeps releasing safari/harrier facelifts every 6 months so unless you plan to swap your car every 6 months to always have the latest model, it's best that you make peace with it and enjoy your current car.
Cresterk is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 16:09   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Glad to see that knee airbag! Are they doing six (seven?) airbags standard across variants? If yes, this is a really great step.
According to the brochure provided on the website the smart, pure and all variants of the adventure get 6 airbags as standard and only the accomplished(highest variant) gets 7 with the inclusion of the knee airbag.

Name:  6airbag.png
Views: 438
Size:  22.2 KB

Name:  7airbag.png
Views: 438
Size:  49.6 KB
Interceptor10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 16:39   #289
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Safari top model in June 2023. If I have to pay 2-3 lakhs extra for upgrading to the new Safari top model, should I go for it or stick with my purchase? TIA
Did you ask TASS and get the offer to upgrade for 2-3l?
loneagl09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 18:44   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishoreshack View Post
I can understand your frustration
but there is no way a Tata Sales Executive can help you with this issue.
You can't get a steering wheel upgrade that's not even possible, you can't get the features in the present facelift in your old vehicle & no amount of blaming TATA sales team will resolve this issue.
There were soo many rumours about the facelift & even the showrooms were acknowledging the fact that facelift is around the corner. There were innumerous spy shots around the internet you still went ahead with the older model, I think that's on you and no one else.
I think you mistook me on two things:

1. I am not looking for a component upgrade but just willing to exchange my car with new model by paying some delta amount. Nothing wrong in expecting so, right? What that delta amount can be and will it work for me or not is secondary question.

2. I am not blaming tata sales for not informing me dear. I am talking about their lackluster attitude in general even when you show up there for this new model and ready to pay 30 lacs. Tata is not able to give that experience worthy of the price bracket these flagship models belong to.

Well I think there is anyway nothing new in what I said.
Rodie09 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:29   #291
BHPian

While Tata has certainly done a marvellous job in upgrading the twins, and I do aspire to add the Harrier to my garage, I found it a little disappointing to witness how Indian customers are shaping the approach of manufacturers. While I am sure most of the features manufacturers are adding are for the good, there are some IMO which should not be there. Some of these are:

Sunroof: This is top on my list. Mostly useless in Indian conditions, except in some snow-bound areas, this has become common to see people, mostly children and drunken idiots popping out of them. Now, the new Tata Harrier has all its variants including and above Adventure+ equipped with a sunroof. What if someone doesn’t want it?
LED Headlights: While the white light of LEDs looks fantastic and they save a lot of electricity compared to their halogen counterparts, they are certainly not required in Vehicles. They have terrible visibility in rainy conditions, and they just make the oncomers blind when on high beams. And they do not save electricity in cars. Repair of LED headlights is also a more costly affair as replacing a simple bulb is always cheaper than replacing all the LED and its accessories.
Fully Digital Instrument Cluster: The General working of the digital instrument requires an actual sensor that sends the signal to the transducer which then converts the analogue signal to a digital signal. That digital signal is used to make animations that we see on digital instrument clusters. Now all this signal processing introduces a lag and somewhat makes the information less accurate compared to analog IC. IMHO Odometer and Tacometer should not be digitalized.
Big Touchscreens and Touch Controls for ACs: These are getting bigger and bigger. I fear the day manufacturers start adding 32-inch touchscreens. Jokes apart, the bigger they are more the distraction. These big touchscreens are already filled with a lot of distracting features like social media integration and now on top of that, I saw some of the OEMs have started video functionality. Driving requires a lot of attention. Even 01 second of distraction may lead to a catastrophic accident. Operating touch AC controls also requires looking at them, while physical controls can be operated without looking at them creating much less distraction. These sizes should be regulated along with touch controls for ACs. The only useful feature of a touchscreen IMO is navigation.

While there may be a lot of other features under this category, these are the most prominent for me. Feel free to add any other non-required feature you may think of adding to this category.

Adding these features is acceptable when manufacturers do not compromise on useful features and safety. But when useful features are compromised for something like a sunroof, then it becomes a problem. I think manufacturers should start providing dash cam which is much more useful.
itsbaman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:29   #292
BHPian

All,

It has been a while since any posts here!

As an update I currently hold booking for XUV-700,
also yesterday i booked Harrier Facelift 25K both from Bangalore.

Looks and perceptions aside (each to his own) like someone said if M&M & Tata have a "Go" at each other and up the ante - its best for us as consumers, am just happy.

My current drive is Rapid 2011-1.6MT and just love it - my mum who is 70+ loves it more than any car we have owned before.

I booked an cancelled cars in this order
Hyryder
Hycross
Jimny
Exter

To me mostly it has be to hassle free, how only M&M & Tata (now) made to this list i don't quite know

I am happy i dont have to put up with the XUV700 headlights that's my pet peeve, with everything else falling in place i still hold the booking.

Now Harrier comes and solves my one problem but, bring with it the courage to go with TASS!

I am excited with what TATA did, apprehensive about what will unfold. Wish me luck.

Now my sales guys confirms EPS. (Adishakti) on Harrier.
LL4X4 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:55   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
Now Harrier comes and solves my one problem but, bring with it the courage to go with TASS!

I am excited with what TATA did, apprehensive about what will unfold. Wish me luck.

Now my sales guys confirms EPS. (Adishakti) on Harrier.
I was in a dilemma a few months back with respect to buying my first car VW Virtus. I had heard such horror stories online. What I did was check with a few of my buddies who owned a VW Polo (long time owners) and live in the same town about the ASC and got positive feedback and hence went ahead with the purchase. Not sure if this helps but this could be a way to go about it.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2023 at 23:15. Reason: Grammar
TheFonz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 20:23   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
I was in a situation dilemma few months back with respect to buying my first car VW Virtus. I had heard such horror stories online. What I did was check with a few of my buddies who owned a VW Polo (long time owners) and live in the same town about the ASC and got a positive feed back and hence went ahead with the purchase. Not sure if this helps but this could be a way to go about it.
You have done the right thing

Look, when I went with Skoda as a brand in 2011, there were such horror stories about the cost of service and spares and the projections that were made - I am not sure where they came from.

I have owned a WagonR / Santro / Honda City. Skoda service was the cheapest on an annual basis. I know there will be fans who will scream "foul"! But the way the car drives is amazing. My last drive was a month back (I do Bangalore - Hyderabad regularly). It's close to 1 lakh km on the odo but runs as fab as it did in its first year!

My mum is the happiest after the drive. She says, "most comfortable car ever". I was pushed by my mum to look at the Slavia, but I wanted a "forced change". If only Octavia will somehow make its launch (if wishes were horses!)

Maybe I was lucky, but hey, I am not complaining

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th October 2023 at 23:14. Reason: Grammar, capital letters, etc [some additional clean up edits]
LL4X4 is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th October 2023, 20:45   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
you have done a right thing

Look when i went with SKODA as a brand at 2011 there were such horror stories and the cost of service and spares the projections that were made am not sure where they came from.

I have owned WagonR/Santro/Honda City - skoda service was the cheapest for me on an annual basis - I know there will be fans who will scream foul! but the way the car drives my last dive a month back (do regular blr-hyd) its close 1L Kms on odo but, as fab as it would run the first year!

My mum is the happiest after the drive, she says most comfortable car ever, i was pushed by mum to look at Slavia but i wanted a "Force change" if only Octavia will somehow make its launch (if wishes were horses!)

Maybe i was luck but, hey am not complaining
The paint quality, manufacturing process, fit and finish along with QA/QC is very good in Skoda cars. It's the ASS that is a gamble with skoda but, with Tata the basic production qualities like QA/QC, part fit and finish is inconsistent. I have purchased an Altroz diesel 8 months ago and I am having consistent issues with no support from Tata Motors. I have to accept that Tata cars have excellent seating along with a nice comfortable ride quality but, their cars are niggle prone and most of the TASS centers are a lethargic lot who are overcrowded and understaffed.
AutoYogi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 22:21   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Just asking is the option available to you ?
If it’s available, you should go for the upgrade, the electronic steering wheel itself justifies the upgrade
Kishoreshack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 23:06   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Harrier and Safari facelifts first in segment features detailed.

Attachment 2514024
As an owner of the current model of Harrier or should i say older model of Harrier, I would give this update a BIG THUMSUP. The front looks really good, the older one was good too, but this makes it more modern IMHO. The rear of the new version, I dislike. I hated the Hyundai I20 rear lights, and I see that the new Harrier light is similar to that. Also not a big fan of connected LED strip lights. No function, other than waste of electricity! But other than the rear lights, the facelift just increases the WOW factor of Harrier in every other aspect and brought it upto speed in tech & features!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Good news for those on the taller side who found that the sharp edged dashboard trim was always touching the driver's left knee in any reasonable driving position. Looks like the facelift addresses this .
One slight correction, its not only an issue for tall people, but also shorter ones like me. I am 5'5" tall and if I want to increase the height of the seat, so that I can have the full view of the bonnet, my leg touches the dash. Sometimes, it becomes really painfull when you hit your knee, during ingress and egress. I sometimes increase the seat height, look at the lovely drive view with full bonnet visibility, let out a sigh and get the seat down. The long clutch travel does not help too. Automatic version may have sorted this out for others.
Raghuwire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 23:42   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneagl09 View Post
Did you ask TASS and get the offer to upgrade for 2-3l?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishoreshack View Post
Just asking is the option available to you ?
If it’s available, you should go for the upgrade, the electronic steering wheel itself justifies the upgrade
I'm just guessing the price for the upgrade, haven't talked to anyone till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I would say not to bother. Tata keeps releasing safari/harrier facelifts every 6 months so unless you plan to swap your car every 6 months to always have the latest model, it's best that you make peace with it and enjoy your current car.
I completely understand your point, but what if the next update which is 6 months away is only a minor update and not a major facelift like this one. Tata should have thought about the people who bought their flagship car after the March update.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th October 2023 at 13:17. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
kartik_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 01:21   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
No this is a major upgrade. After this it's unlikely we will see any new avatar of Safari/Harrier for atleast 3 years.

Even the "February upgrade" you are referring to came after a considerable time. Frankly speaking, there is no room for upgrade on this architecture. AWD and 4wd is just a far-fetched thought of enthusiasts like us, Tata won't bother about it at least in the diesel. Electric will get AWD as per the rumours.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th October 2023 at 18:37. Reason: Spacing, capital letters, etc
Kishoreshack is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 07:48   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post
Tata is putting in significant effort to rival the XUV700. While design preferences are subjective, I personally favor the Safari's design over the XUV700, given my past experience owning a Safari two years ago. I hope this facelift addresses concerns about fit and finish, paint quality, door beading, and sharp edges. The addition of a powered tailgate and continued provision of ventilated seats are positive moves.

I doubt Tata switched from hydraulic power steering (PS) to electric power steering (EPS) because the absence of lane keep assist suggests they haven't made this change. If they had opted for EPS, they could have incorporated lane keep assist, which would be beneficial. Many people prefer a lighter steering feel in city driving or parking situations and a heavier one on highways, and EPS could offer this flexibility.
Just watched Autocar Youtube about updated cars and they mentioned about EPS in Safari, Harrier. How is it possible that none of the Tata brochure talks about it but all others mention EPS, need to wait for official review or first test drive from anyone here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks