Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2023, 09:52   #241
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

The hate for Tata on this forum! Just unreal! Now that the Harrier twins have all the features and are at par - in some aspects better than competition in terms of featureset- let's bash Tata for the logo!
Familyguy is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 10:00   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP-4D View Post
A good news!
According to the Product note pdf released by Tata, both Harrier and Safari get Electronic Power steering

This is great news! Tata has really upped the game.

No more stiff steering! Hope it's going to be one solid good bye for left pulls?

Bad news for recently possessed owners like me. We just missed the EPS.

But then again, I'm interested to look at the pricing next. The Sales numbers are definitely going to increase.

Behold, waiting periods that are set to increase for Tata as well next!

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th October 2023 at 11:16. Reason: Fixed Quote.
r24x7 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 10:18   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier and Safari facelifts first in segment features detailed.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101712.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101723.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101436.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101439.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101729.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101523.jpg

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-20231007_101525.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:24   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
The hate for Tata on this forum! Just unreal
I don't think anyone here has an agenda to bash Tata; if they do wrong things or their vehicles fail, they will get pointed just like any other manufacturer. Have seen multiple threads bashing other manufacturers like Kia/ Hyundai and, of late, mighty Toyota.

I can only feel sorry for your myopic views if you selectively read Tata-bashing posts or care about them being highlighted.

Quote:
Let's bash Tata for the logo!
Well, if someone doesn't like a logo, what's the harm in saying about it? Why do you worry if someone says so?
Turbanator is online now   (55) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:32   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors Cars has opened bookings for the Harrier and Safari facelifts for a token amount of Rs 25,000.
I know looks are subjective, but this is exactly what I've feared for the harrier. There used to be something range roverish about the current Harrier, makes it feel more modern macho. For some reason, after this facelift, I can't help but think of the Harrier as a blown up Nexon. The Harrier used to be my favourite car in terms of design and they've gone and ruined it.

These are initial impressions from the pictures, I hope the on road actual vehicle proves me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
The hate for Tata on this forum! Just unreal!!
The problem with TATA is that they're now cramming too much tech inside their vehicles and I'm sure their service team wouldn't be equipped to deal with all this. I have a feeling this might cause the TATA dealer service network to end up with even worse reputation than they already have. The logo itself is now technologized, if that's even a word, I'm happy these innovations are happening, but this is just tipping the scales in one direction waaayy too much.

Innovation has to happen on both ends of the scale evenly, or the other side ends up having to over-compensate.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th October 2023 at 11:51. Reason: Back to back posts mereged. Trimmed Quoted post.
krankstter is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:45   #246
BHPian

Length of Safari Facelift has grown by 7mm, Width by 26 mm and height by 9 mm. Hopefully there will be some more space for luggage with all seats up.
Old 7th October 2023, 11:45   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishoreshack View Post
Why cant TATA SAFARI overtake XUV ?
Why do you feel so?
Reason is simple, When any product is established in Indian market, its very hard to dethrone, e.g. Swift, Creta or even Nexon and Punch from TATA. Even for Nexon and Punch, every other manufacture is trying hard, and even if they are not overpriced, but not very cheaper also, so price is not the reason for success.

Personally if I am in market today, Safari would be my first choice, When I was in market in 2015, 2nd gen Dzire was in its peak of popularity, but I bought Zest and haven't regretted that decision even once in last 8 years 65k+ kms and continue, I could have got Dzire VDI, which didn't have any safety feature that time, and in ZEST XMS, I got same Fiat engine but with VGT, safety features, far batter music system (From Harman with 8 speakers), batter build quality etc. BUT still it didn't make Zest overtake Dzire in sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP-4D View Post
A good news!
According to the Product note pdf released by Tata, both Harrier and Safari get Electronic Power steering
I had observation / complaint that, in Safari/Harrier they were not as aggressive as Nexon. In Nexon they are always very fast in responding to customer demand, even They could have delayed/avoided this current refresh as Nexon was doing very well in sales, but they pro-actively executed the refresh which has started getting reflected in sales, but looking at above It appears that this time, the effort doesn't look half backed / half-hearted.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 7th October 2023 at 11:56.
Vishal.R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:47   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think anyone here has an agenda to bash Tata; if they do wrong things or their vehicles fail, they will get pointed just like any other manufacturer. Have seen multiple threads bashing other manufacturers like Kia/ Hyundai and, of late, mighty Toyota.

Well said. BHPIANs are surely expected to call a spade a spade. Good things are also being lauded, but the image which Tata has managed to create is all their doing.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th October 2023 at 11:50. Reason: Fixed quote.
TheBigV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 12:22   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigV View Post
Length of Safari Facelift has grown by 7mm, Width by 26 mm and height by 9 mm. Hopefully there will be some more space for luggage with all seats up.
The increase is a result of redesigned front and rear bumpers, with no change in wheelbase or interior dimensions anywhere.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 12:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post

Don’t you think the obvious size difference and the subsequent road presence difference between Nexon and Harrier will rule out most possibilities of confusion between them (except automobile illiterates)?
Yup, that's correct. There will be obvious size difference but that front looks pretty similar to new Nexon and from a distance it'll be difficult.

When spending that kind of Money, I wouldn't want my car to look similar to a segment below. Call me illiterate but at that price point every has a different look and presence barring this one.

Earlier I got confused many times between Harrier and Safari (only from Front) now I will be confused between Nexon, Harrier and Safari

But Tata has done a good job with the interiors, really appreciate that.

Last edited by Sahil00090 : 7th October 2023 at 12:42.
Old 7th October 2023, 12:46   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
Attaching the New Safari Brochure as shared by the dealer. It looks awesome, although it misses out on lane keep assist and EPS.
Link new-harrier-brochure

Link new-safari-brochure

Adventure
Automatic Transmission entry point
Driver height manual adjustable seats
Rear defogger
Push button start
Manual/Normal Cruise control
18 inch Diamond cut alloy wheels
Rear window sunshade
Led fog lamps
Leatherette seats
Terrain response modes
Multi-Drive modes

Adventure+
Panoramic Sunroof
360 view surround camera
Electronic Parking Brake

What precisely is Adventure's equivalent to the pre-facelift variants, XTA+ or XZA+?

Also, the AT entry point has been pushed up further, I thought the market demands AT and lower variants should have been provided with an option.

I feel XTA+ was VFM while XZ provided premium luxury features.
Pure(O) has lost quite a few features if that is supposed to be XT equivalent. Earlier XM had the option of Sunroof and AT, but this time Pure(O) loses them and gets 26.03 cm each of Infotainment and Digital instrument cluster, so that's a plus while 6 airbags are standard which is even better.

Pricing will be key here, let's see how the market reacts. Tata is playing smart and nudging people to upgrade to higher variants and creating enough space for Nexon's higher variants to play in the lower end of the price bracket. Harrier and Safari both are equally matched in features, I don't anticipate much of a price gap between them.

Last edited by varunswnt : 7th October 2023 at 13:09.
varunswnt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 12:47   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Harrier and Safari facelifts
Does anyone know if they have addressed the ergonomics of the driver seat and its positioning? That's another gripe.

Cheers
Pratim

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th October 2023 at 13:20. Reason: Fixed quote. Spell. Please proofread before posting.
pratim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 12:59   #253
BHPian

Safari has clearly gone the XUV 7OO way and removed many features from lower variants and moved to higher variants. Earlier mid level Safari models were better value proposition, but not any more.
A note to the experts : Tata has moved auto dimming IRVM to the top variant. Is auto dimming IRVM such an expensive accessory that it is provided only in Top variant or not provided at all (like the XUV )?
TheBigV is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 13:06   #254
Senior - BHPian

Glad to see that knee airbag! Are they doing six (seven?) airbags standard across variants? If yes, this is a really great step.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 13:11   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Glad to see that knee airbag! Are they doing six (seven?) airbags standard across variants? If yes, this is a really great step.
Yes, 6 airbags are standard on both Safari and Harrier. 7th knee airbag added in Safari Accomplished onwards and Harrier Fearless+ onwards

Last edited by varunswnt : 7th October 2023 at 13:12.
varunswnt is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks