Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 19:28   #211
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS

Headrest for the middle seat in the rear is still missing! I feel this should be a standard feature on all vehicles claiming to be 5 seaters, pretty much all manufacturers are giving this a miss, this is a compromise on safety and I wish vehicles were penalized for skipping this on the GNCAP/BNCAP test results.
abaliga is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 19:29   #212
BANNED

Tata has done very good job. They have not changed the DNA of both the cars while making changes yet they have made substantial changes to look it new & fresh. Colors are looking quite odd in photos, hope they are better in person. Tata should price both sensibly now. New features are ok but they should not make it too expensive.

Personally I feel they should have differentiated Harrier and Safari more. Both should look different so that people should not feel Safari as a 7 seater Harrier or Harrier is a 5 seater Safari. All the best Tata.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 19:37   #213
BHPian

For the Safari, all i can find is ACC, not assist features. Hope they have updated the steering to EPS, just a design change to steering wheel makes no sense, if they dont address the actual issue. Requested call back feature from Tata, and both reps mentioned that all Tata showrooms will have vehicle on display from 7 Oct, test drive also starts 7th oct per them. Official launch will be on oct 17th, where they will also announce prices.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 19:39   #214
BHPian

Okay, so all SUV from Tata will have the similar design. This looks like an elder brother to Nexon. Coming from the company that claimed their cars will not be like Russian dolls.

No separate pods for high beam is disappointing. Just one pod for both low and high beam. And then the fog lamps. Night driving is going to be a mess.

Let's see if they have made improvements on the safety.

Either way, I wouldn't trust the Land rover platforms. A car made from a cheaped out version of platform from a company that is notorious for reliability? Count me out.
Old 6th October 2023, 19:41   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Looks so damn good! And loaded to its gills with features. I hope the 19" Black wheels which the Black variant has comes as an option across the range for the Harrier and the Safari. Those wheels look SWEET!

Attachment 2513738

Attachment 2513739
The dark edition has become more desirable than what it already was. If only they price it well, which is unlikely looking at the prices of Nexon.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 19:47   #216
BHPian

The design is definitely refreshing ; but it is departure from original "Tri-arrow Design theme".
This is less applicable to Harrier but majorly to Nexon and Safari; they had Tri-arrow theme in the design .The Seat fabric, Door padding, dashboard ,grills ,alloys and Lights showcased some elements of it. The Tri-arrow theme had potential to improve and make the design unique/Stand-out. The current design is good but doesn't provide much scope for next generation. Maybe next gen will be all-electrics so Tata didn't bother much!

Last edited by Shamegz : 6th October 2023 at 19:50.
Shamegz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:11   #217

Some interesting additions.

1. Entire range gets alloy wheels. This is a welcome addition as many of us just alloy wheels and spend so much to change them. They effectively address one concern and added a bonus point against it rivals.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-screenshot-20231006-194532.png

2. This disc perfectly aligned with alloy is eye-pleasing and stole my heart.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-alloywheels.jpg

3. We should applaud any one who understands their weakness and finds the solution for it. They realised it is inevitable that a safari would break down and added breakdown call assist. ROFL.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-ecallbcall2723.jpg

4. They looked at the unsold inventory of Nexon EV Max gear selector and used the same mode selector to the Safari. Looks premium if not slow as in Nexon EV Max.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-bejeweledterrainresponse.jpg

5. I really liked their representation of ADAS suit on where do they come up when they get activated.

Name:  Screenshot 20231006 195734.png
Views: 460
Size:  67.7 KB

6. They added the new 12.3 inch screen, where reviewers have gone gaga when they have driven recently launched Nexon EV

7. Damn, the steering looks so good, Range Rover vibes.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-androidautoapplecarplay.jpg

8. The gesture based tail-gate opening is premium addition and none of the competitors have I guess.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-headlinepoweredtailgate.jpg

9. The new dual zone climate control is another premium addition and brings parity with XUV700 interms of features.

2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-dualzonefatc.jpg

All in all, a fantastic update. I wish they would have changed the steering rack to an EPB unit too.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Harrier & Safari bookings open; now with ADAS-epb2723.jpg  

viper33 is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:40   #218
BHPian

I read on an automatic site that in the Safari even the second row seats are ventilated. Is that correct? And does that hold true for the Harrier too?
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:43   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Except for the brochure download section in the website everything else seems to be updated. Both cars are good upgrades, but I personally think Safari has that little edge in terms of colors and interior upholstery themes. Great job Tata !
Always knew their design game is top notch. Tata Safari in terms of looks looked better from XUV 7OO from day 1. The feature upgrade is such a welcoming one. The engine also isnt as thirsty as XUV one.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th October 2023 at 23:01. Reason: Poorly typed post. Clean up edits.
Kishoreshack is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th October 2023, 20:54   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I read on an automatic site that in the Safari even the second row seats are ventilated. Is that correct? And does that hold true for the Harrier too?
Second row seats on Safari are ventilated on some variants with second row captain seats. For harrier, the second row is not ventilated.
autoholic.89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:55   #221
BHPian

Quote:
This applies only for 6 seater top end version of safari. Harrier doesnt get rear ventilated seats.
Wakeupsid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:57   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Only in the captain seat variants in Safari. Harrier doesn't have those anyway.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:58   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper33 View Post
8. The gesture based tail-gate opening is premium addition and none of the competitors have I guess.
2021 Hector had it, but it went away in 2023 Hector (probably due to chip shortage?). Instead 2023 Hector opens the electric tailgate if you stand near it for 3 seconds with keys in your pocket.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 21:12   #224
BHPian

Price and features of base variant will be interesting as with this new strategy, they would try to design base variants to target specific audiance.

Price will be interesting overall and can't be compared to Nexon pricing as Nexon is established market leader, while Safari / Harrier are not and discounts are already there, and looking at the difference on sales numbers compared to XUV700, even if no one expects Safari to overtake XUV 700, still there is a scope of improvement in sales, so it's an opportunity for them to have real "introductory" prices.
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 21:14   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Headrest for the middle seat in the rear is still missing! I feel this should be a standard feature on all vehicles claiming to be 5 seaters, pretty much all manufacturers are giving this a miss, this is a compromise on safety and I wish vehicles were penalized for skipping this on the GNCAP/BNCAP test results.
Its a legit demand but shouldnt be a deal breaker for buyers
Kishoreshack is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks