Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 09:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches 2023 Ciaz with added safety features

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
I only removed the "with mild-hybrid tech" from the above statement. Now it can be used to describe a car's drivetrain from 15-20 years ago too!
Couldn't disagree. MSIL survives here only because they have a winning answer for the question about mileage. These days even smaller hatches are equipped well in terms of features. IMO, this is a clumsy move to pitch up sales. Hope they see some success
Old 16th February 2023, 13:52   #17
BHPian

It is sad to see the Ciaz name being done this dis-service. Like a cricketer well past it’s prime.

What happened to the Corolla being badge engineered in the Maruti line-up?
Old 16th February 2023, 15:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am not exaggerating, but I honestly thought this car was discontinued.
Maybe it's for people like me, that Maruti launches such "Face-Lifts".

Good thing that the car now gets some of the much needed safety features as standard.
Old 16th February 2023, 16:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Clearly shows where the market is moving to. The demand for good sedans is falling gradually and being replaced with Crossover/ CSUVs. I think just like Diesel, the curtains are closing down on Sedans too.

While for diesels, the difference in per litre Petrol an Diesel price was being narrowed, the last nail in the coffin was the stringent BS6-2 norms.
For Sedans, the nemesis has been the pathetic quality of our roads where a high ground clearance vehicle is preferred, thereby creating a new segment of "Hatches on Stilts".

Further smaller size of families leading to lesser luggage to be taken on the occasional holidays, negates the need for a sedan with a large boot space.
Yes, comfort, planted feel etc etc are obvious advantages of a sedan, but not quite in the way the market sees it.

And Maruti, oh Maruti. They are doing as little as possible to keep their name in the one proper sedan segment alive. First it was SX4 with a boxy design, followed by the Ciaz with sub optimal engines. What is the change in the facelift? No Turbo, only 2 airbags, same old petrol engine. Really Maruti?
Old 16th February 2023, 16:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If the upcoming Verna succeeds, then we can expect an all new Ciaz.
Not sure of a second gen Ciaz IMO. The only sedan that could survive will be the Dzire. But if at all, Maruti feels there is a sizeable market and they could convince big bro Toyota, then the 2022 Yaris Ativ will be the one that will be sold under Maruti and Toyota badges. (That is if Maruti doesn't manage to flog the Ciaz til the end of this decade)

The developing world Yaris.

Maruti launches 2023 Ciaz with added safety features-2022-yaris-ativ.jpg
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 16:39   #21
BHPian

Whenever I see Ciazes in my society basement parking, the car seems to age badly. The paint seems to loose sheen quickly. Also I see a lot of little dings on the outer surface. Like the outer skin is very thin and gets dented very easily. To me it seems, Maruti is clearly cuttings some corners and the grand shape of the Ciaz hides some clever cost cutting. Maybe the owners can throw some light here.
Old 16th February 2023, 20:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Grand Vitara is the answer

Just like how Hyundai dumbed down Verna (sells decently still) for pushing the Creta up the sales chart and make lots of money in the process, .
I don't think Hyundai treated Verna like Maruti did for Ciaz.
They introduced an entirely new version and are coming up with another one in coming months. Every version looked distinct to previous version. I agree that they didn't push the marketing & sales, but they have put some real effort atleast.
Old 16th February 2023, 21:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I am not exaggerating, but I honestly thought this car was discontinued.
Maybe it's for people like me, that Maruti launches such "Face-Lifts".

Good thing that the car now gets some of the much needed safety features as standard.
You are not alone, I also completely forgot about this car and thought it was long gone and people simply bought CSUVs or DZire if they needed a MS Sedan.

Can't comment much on the car as I have not sat in one ever but it seems Maruti realised there are fat profits elsewhere and those who want to buy this will buy this no matter what. So minimum efforts involved!
Old 16th February 2023, 21:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
then the 2022 Yaris Ativ will be the one that will be sold under Maruti and Toyota badges.
As lovely as the new Yaris (Vios) is, I would be surprised to see Toyota-Suzuki sell DNGA cars in India. Or Toyota-badged Suzukis in ASEAN markets. Even if plans for a new Ciaz/Yaris come to fruition, I would expect an all-new design built on Suzuki C architecture, although I think it's more likely to be permanently discontinued. But then again, I also never expected a locally built TNGA product but here we are.

As for the present Ciaz, perhaps a Tour X version wouldn't be a bad idea because today, besides the roomy rear seat, it can barely hold a candle to even the base variants of rivals, especially with the new Verna coming soon and the Honda City IV being discontinued. In Africa it is already known for being an Uber. But making ESC standard is a good move and I must say that Maruti's recent surge in its fitment is quite welcome, if a bit surprising.

Last edited by ron178 : 16th February 2023 at 21:32.
Old 16th February 2023, 21:55   #25
BHPian

Does 4 speed automatic mean that it would continue to get the same K15B engine? I believe it will feel better to drive it than the K15C. So, good news for manual buyers, bad news for auto buyers.
Old 21st February 2023, 00:14   #26
BANNED

I went to nexa with a friend saw the 2022 Ciaz there IMO i couldn't see any difference, the car looks outdated , i was thinking they were planning to phase out the Ciaz .
Old 3rd May 2024, 16:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has no plans to discontinue the Ciaz from its portfolio despite the dismal sales numbers.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks