Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 15:13   #1
BHPian

Renault-Nissan confirm Rs 5300 crore India investment, 4 SUVs, 2 EVs coming up

In a bid to make a comeback in the main stream market, Renault Nissan alliance has committed a fresh investment of Rs 5300 crore in the Indian market which will bring out six models in the country including two electric vehicles. Autocar India had exclusively reported on the next phase of investment of Renault Nissan in November

Taken from below article. Sounds like a sweet news to Indian car users.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nfirmed-427301
ramki.grandhi is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:42   #2
BHPian

re: Renault-Nissan confirm Rs 5300 crore India investment, 4 SUVs, 2 EVs coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
In a bid to make a comeback in the main stream market, Renault Nissan alliance has committed a fresh investment of Rs 5300 crore in the Indian market which will bring out six models in the country including two electric vehicles. Autocar India had exclusively reported on the next phase of investment of Renault Nissan in November

Taken from below article. Sounds like a sweet news to Indian car users.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nfirmed-427301
e Power only if they get this technology will the Petrol only big SUVs will work in India.
Old 13th February 2023, 18:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault-Nissan confirm Rs 5300 crore India investment, 4 SUVs, 2 EVs coming up

This is a good news with right positive intent. With the global models being showcased recently and then this, hopeful that Nissan is finally waking up to the opportunities at hand.

From the press release. Reference to full article.

Renault-Nissan confirm Rs 5300 crore India investment, 4 SUVs, 2 EVs coming up-renaultnissan.png

* $600m USD/₹5300 crores INR investment
* Additional R&D activities to create up to 2,000 new jobs
* Chennai factory to become a carbon-neutral vehicle plant
* Four new C-segment SUVs.
* Two new A-segment electric vehicles
* Focus on creating the new models for both domestic as well as export markets

Under the new framework agreement;
Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Ltd (RNAIPL) will move to an ownership of 51% Nissan - 49% Renault.
Renault Nissan Technology Business Centre (RNTBCI) will move to an ownership of 51% Renault -49% Nissan.
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 19:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear something solid from the Alliance. Looking forward to the new Duster. Hopefully more of a revolution than the current one. Guess Nissan will drop the Terrano name. But IMO 2025 for EVs is a little too late considering other markets already get CMF-A EVs like the Kwid E-Tech/City k-ZE and Dacia Spring.
Old 13th February 2023, 19:52   #5
BHPian

Great news for people who invested their hard earned money in Nissan vehicles. Good cars, extreme value for money but still not selling because of the lack of after sales support, both by the dealers and the OEM. Hopefully this time Rakesh ji will focus on building customer confidence and do what he did at Hyundai. Improve the service levels and existing customers will atleast have positive things to say when someone asks them for their review
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 19:53   #6
BHPian

Wow 4 new cars in C segment, targeting the largest segment, C1+C2 ~ 45% of Indian auto market. If these does not include facelift then it means they will have total 6 offerings Kiger + Magnite + 4 new launches

They need to get back lost glory in C2 (Duster) and the also offer a 7 seat variant as it is picking up rapidly.
Asoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:07   #7
BHPian

Well does it meant there is no X-Trail or Qashqai or Juke to India?
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Well does it meant there is no X-Trail or Qashqai or Juke to India?
X-trail and Qashqai will be launched as CBU this year mostly, probably competing in the higher D segment of 30+ Lakhs.

These new 6 models will be completely localized and built for Indian market.

I hope they bring back the Duster with segment benchmark ride comfort with modern interiors and a Nissan alternative with a slightly premium feel on premium pricing, like what they did with Terrano.
starke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 21:44   #9
BHPian

Don't know how to react. Although one should take this news in an optimistic way, somehow this brings back memories of Mary Barra and her 1 billion dollar investment declaration just a year before GM shut shop.

Renault might not be in a bad shape but it's nothing to cheer about. Whereas Nissan is back to deathbed even after smelling success with Magnite. The only silver lining is that exports are picking up.

2 EVs at A segment might be just for announcement's sake. But 4 C1/C2 cars are the main deal. This means 2 each from Renault and Nissan. Unless they bring back the Duster moniker in some way, it is going to be an uphill task.
RaghuVis is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 22:58   #10
BHPian

Does that mean that Mitsubishi is leaving us for good? Mitsubishi also gave a statement but it's got nothing to do with India.

I've always wanted a Pajero and I absolutely love it. One of my favorite cars that I wish to see more action in India and one that can actually give good fight to the Fortuner/Toyota but sadly Mitsubishi couldn't get the support from HM like Maruti gave to Suzuki.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en...op-pickup_0029

Last edited by AjayV : 13th February 2023 at 23:00.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 23:47   #11
BHPian

I wish they sell the Nissan Patrols here, at least in limited numbers, we know it is available only in Petrol, however going by Wrangler/Rubicon selling here, I do not think Nissan would have trouble selling it and It will do good for the brand image as well.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 06:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

I think they'd better do things they easily can to get more traction- give the Triber the 1.0 turbo with CVT. It will definitely give the Ertiga a huge competiton, probably.even eat into the CSUV territory.
Old 14th February 2023, 07:55   #13
BANNED

As per the Autocar article, six products is from combined Nissan-Renault and it is 3 products shared like Magnite/Kiger, one will be EV. So its in essence 3 new vehicles. But still better than nothing. Maajority of the sales would be from exports I feel, as its really difficult to get traction in domestic market.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:41   #14
BHPian

Re: Renault-Nissan confirm Rs 5300 crore India investment, 4 SUVs, 2 EVs coming up

I feel this could be a PR exercise. They are propping up their technology backoffice strength with the R&D investment, which I feel will consume a major portion of the $600 million investment.

Also, it could be a export oriented investment. With no definite timelines, I feel this could be an exercise just to keep the interest levels going. I hope the next gen duster gets launched soon.

Sad part, Mitsubishi is officially dead for Indian market. I though this alliance will bring their famed vehicles here, but alas it remains just in our dreams
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 11:32   #15
BHPian

Re: Renault-Nissan confirm Rs 5300 crore India investment, 4 SUVs, 2 EVs coming up

I really wish they use some part of this money to train their sales staff, especially Nissan. There is no use in bringing new products until their staff show some attitude to sell the products. These days many customers are willing to go outside of the usual Maruti+Hyundai safe zone, but the pre sales experience is driving them away.
d.w.w. is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks