Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 08:16   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

TML needs to put in a newer 4 cylinder 1.5 cylinder petrol engine on their upcoming Nexon/Curv. And the Harrier must get a 2 litre turbo. For the size of that car, a 1.5 may feel less powerful.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 13:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
Harrier XZ Plus Dark was 20.75 vs Tata Harrier XZ Plus is ₹21.77 (difference of 1lk)
I assume you wanted to say Tata Harrier XZA Plus with price tag of 21.77lk?

Please specify as I am unable to understand.
Old 16th March 2023, 22:38   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
TML needs to put in a newer 4 cylinder 1.5 cylinder petrol engine on their upcoming Nexon/Curv. And the Harrier must get a 2 litre turbo. For the size of that car, a 1.5 may feel less powerful.
1.5L TGDi engine will be too powerful for Nexon as well as the CURVV. Both of them will be around TIVOLI/XUV400 size. It's neither CRETA size. I think 1.2L TDGi that develops 225NM torque will be quite powerful for the size of the car. Top end maybe restricted but will have quite a mid range and low end grunt. Anyways all our highways are speed restricted.

1.5L TGDi seems fancy by will not be economical nor will find buyers for higher taxes will raise the price tag.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 16th March 2023 at 22:39.
Old 17th March 2023, 01:42   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
1.5L TGDi engine will be too powerful for Nexon as well as the CURVV. I think 1.2L TDGi that develops 225NM torque will be quite powerful for the size of the car.
Totally agree with DRPSREDDY. The 1.2 engine produces 125 hp and 225 Nm. Both figures are more than the current Nexon, which satisfies most of the drivers, thus the new 1.2 tgdi will be sufficient.

On the 1.5 tgdi for Harrier, if TML can tweak it to produce 320-330nm, it would be sufficient for Harrier and Safari(currently powered by 170hp and 350 nm), as the engine would weigh lesser than diesel (2.0l vs 1.5l), resulting in good power to weight and torque to weight ratios.
daksh0510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 13:40   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksh0510 View Post

On the 1.5 tgdi for Harrier, if TML can tweak it to produce 320-330nm, it would be sufficient for Harrier and Safari(currently powered by 170hp and 350 nm), as the engine would weigh lesser than diesel (2.0l vs 1.5l), resulting in good power to weight and torque to weight ratios.
I believe, even if was possible, the peak torque wouldn't be available on a wide rpm range, resulting in poor low end torque availability, which will affect drivability. From what I learnt on our forum, I believe that is why, That RWD petrol was offered with 2.0L turbo petrol and not the 1.2L turbo petrol, which would've sold in huge numbers due to lower price owing to tax.
Old 22nd March 2023, 16:56   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift spotted with connected LED taillights.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:19   #97
BHPian

https://www.carblogindia.com/harrier...ft-neat-video/
Old 30th March 2023, 14:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift to get sequential turn indicators

You may have seen spy images of the Tata Nexon facelift several times by now. The test mule seen in the latest spy video may not look interesting at first glance. But, there’s one minute detail that stands out.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-screenshot-20230330-142124.jpg

The spy video shows a Tata Nexon facelift test mule zipping through traffic. When it’s about to pass a truck, the driver switches on the turn indicators, which as you can see, are of the sequential type.

The Nexon facelift is also likely to get Harrier / Safari-style LED taillights. The test car appears to have slim wraparound lights and could also get an LED light bar.

Under the bonnet, the new Nexon is expected to get the new-gen 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that was announced at Auto Expo 2023. This engine develops 123 BHP and 225 Nm. The current 1.5-litre diesel engine is likely to be offered as an option.

Rumours suggest, the updated Nexon could be offered with a dual-clutch automatic transmission. Higher variants of the car are likely to come equipped with ADAS.

Source:
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 16:23   #99
BHPian

A question about ADAS:
I see a lot of mass market cars offering ADAS recently, is ADAS really a feature that we need on indian roads? Also how does these ADAS features compare to the likes of volvo let's say?
Old 31st March 2023, 16:59   #100

Hi BHPians, First of all, this is my first post so I apologize in advance if I am posting this in a wrong thread. I have been closely following up the Nexon ownership review thread and came across this thread just recently. I currently own a Chevrolet Beat Diesel which I purchased 4 years ago and I am the second owner. In 4 years, I have driven 30k KMs (the total odo reads 62k) and I am looking to upgrade as this little beast has started sucking money out of my pocket at an increased speed now

My first preference is Automatic and my budget is 15L. I have visited many showrooms and read a lot of reviews about a lot of cars and shortlisted on Venue and Nexon. I like the safety, looks, features of Nexon but I really love the DCT of Venue (as Nexon is offered only in AMT as of now). In Venue, I will have to sacrifice a little on the interior space especially the backseat.

Now that the news of Nexon DCT is confirmed, I am really happy that I can book a car which will give me everything that is on my priority list (whenever it launches). My question however is, shall I really wait for Nexon DCT to launch (or whatever it will be called) and is the DCT offered by TATA reliable enough when compared to Hyundais or Kias?
thechevroletguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 12:19   #101
BHPian

Hot-take : I hope Tata continues to provide the AMT gearbox with the new generation/facelifted Nexon.

I am in the market for an automatic pseudo-suv to replace my wive’s Tiago, and currently only Nexon fits the hard limit Rs. 12 lakhs. Only this car provides sunroof, auto headlamps and Autoboxat that price. I actually dread the new generation Nexon as this change will result in the car getting a relatively unreliable DCT resulting in a price rise.

This also resets the usual 2 year period of early adopter customers being guinea pigs for Indian manufacturers’ usual post purchase testing schedule.
Vkap257 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 18:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechevroletguy View Post
My question however is, shall I really wait for Nexon DCT to launch (or whatever it will be called) and is the DCT offered by TATA reliable enough when compared to Hyundais or Kias?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkap257 View Post
actually dread the new generation Nexon as this change will result in the car getting a relatively unreliable DCT resulting in a price rise.

This also resets the usual 2 year period of early adopter customers being guinea pigs for Indian manufacturers’ usual post purchase testing schedule.
TATA has already tested the gearbox and is currently doing duty in the Altroz. It is a 6-speed Punch DT1 gearbox named as DCA. It is quite reliable and has completed one year of service. There have been no complaints as of now in the open forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutocarIndia
Tata Altroz DCA also features shift-by-wire tech, which means there are no mechanical linkages between gear selector and gearbox, and shifts are effected via electronic signals in, as Tata Motors says, all of 250 milliseconds. There’s machine learning too that adapts to driving style and alters shift points for best efficiency and performance. A self-healing mechanism is present as well that uses vibrations to eject dust and debris entering the transmission, which could potentially cause damage.

Tata Altroz DCA: Transmission
The first impressions of the gearbox are positive. For one, it’s a fairly smooth shifting unit. Upshifts and downshifts are mostly seamless, though, at times, we did find the shift to third gear a bit pronounced. The gearbox also responds well to inputs at the accelerator pedal and is ready to drop down a gear or two to grant you access to the power you need. It’s not a lightning-quick unit by dual-clutch transmission standards, but it sure does a good job of going up and down the ratios.
TATA Altroz DCA review

I don't think you should worry about the Dual Clutch Automatic box. It is made specifically for Indian climates.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 13:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift to go on sale by August 2023.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-20230403012708_tata-nexon.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-20230403012708_tata-nexon-2.jpg

Quote:
- Nexon facelift production to commence by July this year.

- will get the all-new 1.2-litre unit turbo-petrol engine that was previewed with the Curvv ICE concept.

- will continue with the 1.5-litre diesel as well.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd April 2023 at 13:42.
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 21:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutocarIndia
All Tata models, including the Nexon, were recently upgraded to meet Bharat Stage 6 Phase-II norms. We are told that the Nexon facelift with get the all-new 1.2-litre unit turbo-petrol engine that was previewed with the Curvv ICE concept. This new engine is good for 125hp and 225Nm. In comparison, the outgoing engine churns out 120hp and 170Nm.
I somehow feel that the engine in Nexon will be the same upgraded 170Nm one. If TATA planned the 225Nm, they would have plonked it by now with the BS6 S-II norms. They will not make a stupid decision of giving multiple iterations of the same engine in quick succession. They will create multiple problems of stockings spares or software/technical support for 3-4 variants leading to service complications.

The 125hp and 225Nm engine is reserved for bigger petrol SUVs debuting soon, the CURVV and SIERRA and also the upcoming SEDAN based on the ALTROZ. Remember TATA motors personal at AUTOEXPO said that this engine is sometime away to debut next year 2024 first in the CURVV.

I strongly feel this will only be a cosmetic surgical procedure.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 3rd April 2023 at 21:53.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 21:55   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
The 125hp and 225Nm engine is reserved for bigger petrol SUVs debuting soon, the CURVV and SIERRA and also the upcoming SEDAN based on the ALTROZ. Remember TATA motors personal at AUTOEXPO said that this engine is sometime away to debut next year 2024 first in the CURVV.
Are they still working on a Sedan? I thought Tata shelved their sedan project long ago to focus on e-SUVs.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed