Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 09:40   #736
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Not sure whether this colour was posted before, but found a video of the new Nexon with Daytona Gray colour.
Wow, this is something out of this world. The color looks perfect for a batmobile car..!
speedguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 10:58   #737
Senior - BHPian

My Gray Nexon is a tough colour to maintain. If at all, I'll be going white next
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
That makes it two stellar colors to choose from - Red and Daytona Gray. And Tata's choice to dechrome the car is brilliant. Every color has the dark look appeal.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:24   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I hope the roofliner isn’t in dark grey shade like that of the Seltos GTX. It makes the cabin look terribly claustrophobic!

I’m not sure if it’s the lighting or what, but the A pillars do look of pretty dark shade.
Seems like TATA has chosen to follow the trend of black roofliners. Sigh!

Atleast the variants having black upholstery are going to get the dark coloured roof liners as can be seen from this shot. Why TATA?

Brace yourselves for a claustrophobic cabin with all black interiors !
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-04542fa4253a427894c9cb46e3700d4c.jpeg
ashvek3141 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:42   #739
BHPian

First review of the Nexon is out. Perhaps ICN studio chose to break the embargo, because from what I heard reviews were supposed to be out at 4 PM. Nonetheless, mostly favourable review, except that fit and finish issues remain somewhat and there's no change to the driving experience. Here's the video-
automowheels is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:08   #740
BHPian

This is for sure one good looking car but a little disappointed that TATA did not go all the way to create a full new version rather than an iterative step up. Of course, Economics is probably one reason but for a 6 year old car, that too a segment leader, to get cosmetic facelift is strange. Typically, internationally, the cycle of fresh version is 6 years.

But all that aside, there are a lot of updates with visible technology sharing within family vehicles from higher segments. TATA knows it's customers well and they would have thought everything through with the body shapes and feature distribution.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:26   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
This is for sure one good looking car but a little disappointed that TATA did not go all the way to create a full new version rather than an iterative step up. Of course, Economics is probably one reason but for a 6 year old car, that too a segment leader, to get cosmetic facelift is strange. Typically, internationally, the cycle of fresh version is 6 years.
Manufacturers have all been passing us thorough facelifts as new Gen models. There is nothing new in this, just about marketing and positioning. Everyone does that, from Maruti to Hyundai to Honda. In that sense, it is good that Tata is not doing any false advertising. Given the extent of changes here, they could have called it a new generation, and totally gotten away with it.

The base X1 platform superbly engineered. It provides excellent in-cabin space with best in class ride and handling, proven robustness and tested crash safety. It is as good as anything in the 12-20L rupee space.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 5th September 2023 at 13:30.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:27   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
First review of the Nexon is out. Perhaps ICN studio chose to break the embargo, because from what I heard reviews were supposed to be out at 4 PM. Nonetheless, mostly favourable review, except that fit and finish issues remain somewhat and there's no change to the driving experience. Here's the video-
So the diesel manual is the version to buy. The engine was quite noisy inside the cabin though. NVH levels are average.The fit and finish issues are natural in a Tata and Mahindra in the first year. So no surprises there.

Hope they take the feedback about the fit and finish and start incorporating them in their new batches immediately. Other wise, it looks much better both from the exterior and the interior as compared to the outgoing car.
AlokSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 13:57   #743
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
First review of the Nexon is out. Perhaps ICN studio chose to break the embargo, because from what I heard reviews were supposed to be out at 4 PM. Nonetheless, mostly favourable review, except that fit and finish issues remain somewhat and there's no change to the driving experience. Here's the video- https://Youtu.be/61wFqMsvhNI?si=8uOVIDBh29-gdces
The review doesn't look to be well prepared, more a hush hush review to gain views before embargo is over officially.

More so, when he passes negative comments on the Turbo Petrol's refinement and performance while solely driving the Diesel !

Last edited by DCEite : 5th September 2023 at 14:02.
DCEite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:08   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Manufacturers have all been passing us thorough facelifts as new Gen models. There is nothing new in this, just about marketing and positioning. Everyone does that, from Maruti to Hyundai to Honda. In that sense, it is good that Tata is not doing any false advertising. Given the extent of changes here, they could have called it a new generation, and totally gotten away with it.

The base X1 platform superbly engineered. It provides excellent in-cabin space with best in class ride and handling, proven robustness and tested crash safety. It is as good as anything in the 12-20L rupee space.
What Hyundai or Suzuki does is besides the point although I do not know which vehicle they passed off as new gen which was not substantially re-engineered, but I will not debate that point. The Nexon is no doubt a superb product which is evidenced by its sales volume. It will surely sell in this guide as it did before owing to the good-will built in the market (look at the hideous and ugly 2nd gen Creta which still sells due to the good will of the 1st gen Creta). But to tap into next wave of customers, a new gen (with a new shape) car would have helped.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 16:07   #745
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Such a smashing car in this price segment. This car now carried forward all the good features as well as has the features that was missing in the previous gen. They went all out this time and launched all combinations of engines & transmissions a.la KIA India. Hope they don't get too carried away by the last gen's success and price awkwardly.

Contrary to the popular opinion, after Pratap Bose left, I somehow feel that Tata Motors has broken the shackles and has become aggressive. Earlier when the cars were launched, they won't have segment-leading features (Pano sunroof missing in Harrier), automatic will come at a later date(Nexon & Tiago AMT), DCA will be launched with the NA engine instead of the iTurbo (Altroz), launch a half-baked product ridden with niggles and make customers the Guinea pigs (Harrier - No offense to v1 owners), 5-inch resistive touch screen for a mammoth of a car that's Aria, same touch screen infotainment from 6 Lakh Tiago to 12 Lakh Nexon, etc.,

But now, look at the designs. It's absolutely smashing!! No denying the fact that Pratap bose made stunning designs, but I somehow felt things were overdone just for the sake of it. Honestly, after looking at the design direction that Tata Motors was taking after showcasing the Harrier & Sierra EVs, I was disappointed to say the least. But, if this is how it is going to go, then I am very happy about it.
i10_sanjay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 16:20   #746
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any idea when we will have the Team Bhp review out? ICN's review is already out.
Old 5th September 2023, 16:28   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Any idea when we will have the Team Bhp review out? ICN's review is already out.
The embargo ends on 6th September at 4 PM so the review should be live at 4 PM.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 16:28   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps ICN studio chose to break the embargo, because from what I heard reviews were supposed to be out at 4 PM.
It appears he has sourced the car from a dealer. The reason why the media drive's embargo doesn't stand.

And maybe thats why he doesnt have the petrol DCT for the review.
ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 16:31   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Most likely by 4 PM tomorrow. ICN has probably broken the embargo for getting more views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It appears he has sourced the car from a dealer. The reason why the media drive's embargo doesn't stand.
It seems to be a media drive vehicle to me. He has clearly hidden the vehicle number on the front and back with white coverings.

Last edited by itisK : 5th September 2023 at 16:38.
itisK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 16:49   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First review of the Nexon is out. Perhaps ICN studio chose to break the embargo, because from what I heard reviews were supposed to be out at 4 PM.
He bashed the petrol DCA without even driving it?

Goes on to show how much one should trust these reviewers' views.
SoumenD is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks