Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:40   #586
Kln
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Maybe I'm in the minority here but this is incredibly garish. This looks like it was designed by a fresh design school pass-out who really needs to pad up his resume with an attention grabbing design.
Kln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:42   #587
BHPian

I remember when Nexon was launched first, many people hated it's wacky n weird design, only to be adopted by a number of people. The sales were/are fantastic since launch. IMHO this new iteration makes it more attractive. The older in me is still to digest the color spill out in the inside, however the young would love it. Waiting for the EV edition.
VNair is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:47   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=556U...channel=TATAev

Nexon Ev facelift to be unveiled on 7th September
Wonder where they got the idea of connected front light strip. 🤔
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:54   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Replicating the New Nexon, 2023 Nexon Electric debut on 7th Sep – New name Nexon.ev.

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-2023tatanexon.evteaseelectriclaunch1747x420.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-2023tatanexon.evteaseelectriclaunch3747x420.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-2023tatanexon.evteaseelectriclaunch4747x420.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd September 2023 at 09:56.
volkman10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:05   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNair View Post
I remember when Nexon was launched first, many people hated it's wacky n weird design, only to be adopted by a number of people. The sales were/are fantastic since launch. IMHO this new iteration makes it more attractive. The older in me is still to digest the color spill out in the inside, however the young would love it. Waiting for the EV edition.
The young speaking here.
Nobody would be insane enough to get purple interiors for say, 5-6 years or longer. But then again not everybody is sane here.

Also, is it just me that the silhouette of Nexon in the YouTube teaser looks like a Sonet.

Last edited by nstark13 : 2nd September 2023 at 10:07.
nstark13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:06   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Only the Purple gets colour coordinated interiors, the Red Dual tone shown by ACI gets Black interiors. Although the purple insert on the steering wheel is still present!

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-0f5fe635fcea46c29dbf4bdd79952109.jpeg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-708ca292ea4f48c68329ab0a85e02b7e.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwrKQ67N...RlODBiNWFlZA==
CEF_Beasts is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:15   #592
Senior - BHPian

Red one looks really nice. They could have gone for black chrome for front and rear logo and Nexon lettering.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:20   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely to see they didn't do purple interiors on all cars or similar exterior color theme carried over into interiors.

For a change, I really like the red colour on Nexon. Purple will only be sold in very handful numbers I believe, very similar to first fen Figo coming with a pink dashboard.

The features update is really good, hope the price hike is reasonable too. I really hope they have a sorted product from the first batch.

PS : Strange they dont have all colors at the media drive ! Waiting to see how the #Dark looks on this update.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd September 2023 at 10:21.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:42   #594
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Looks absolutely amazing to me, Brezza was my current favourite in the segment as far as looks were concerned but this takes the crown!
Looks like a properly solid, modern/futuristic and butch compact SUV (Much more so than Venue or even VW - Skoda twins from a segment above) and not just a raised hatchback which it essentially is. Interior design seems to be good as well.

Will never buy or come near it though because of:

1- The below par interior fit and finish levels (the pictures seem to tell the quality is same as before which was substantially cheaper feeling from the inside than Maruti's parts bin assembled Brezza, leave alone Venue)

2- Poor engine refinement (Seriously my 6.5 year old Diesel Creta is much more refined than my cousin's 2 months old petrol Nexon, Hyundai and Maruti's 4 cylinders are on a different planet of smoothness and absolute lack of vibrations, Venue's 3 cylinder engine is substantially better in refinement but even that is not a patch on the 4 cylinder engines (My sister's 4 year old Venue's door vibrates when the engine is on and sounds like a Wagon-R from the outside, it has only done around 44k Kms), as things stand right now, Maruti's boring 4 cylinder 1.5 is by far the most refined engine in this segment, the 3 cylinders don't come close in my books, not even Hyundai's)

3- Tata's long list of niggles.

4- Below par aftersales experience even in metro cities.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 2nd September 2023 at 10:44.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:45   #595
BHPian

Hi Moderator - I have a request to BHPians who are in the media drive to see if steering centre which has TATA logo is glass or plastic & do we need to put tempered glass or a protective film to make it scratch free in long run (like we do in our mobile handset screen).

Update appears to be good on pics, however, since it has relatively low height and very crossover design I feel this update make Nexon look raised hatchback level (kind of S Cross) on road presence perspective. As I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, Nexon is a brand itself, like Safari, and very good perception amongst car buyers so it will sell very well. I am not very optimistic about AT number till TATA reveal the price, which I am anticipating will be on higher side.

I wish Kia & Hyundai launch iVT / CVT in their lower models (e.g. HTK+ iVT / S CVT), then the competition will become interesting.
GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:01   #596
BHPian

Quote:
New Nexon Revealed
Fantastic design. very refreshing looks. I love the rear spoiler design. It's huge and improves the overall side and rear look further.

from certain angles, it resembles Tata BOLT sometimes to me.

The Interior is really upmarket. The touch screen looks just wow.

They removed the central sliding compartment which is there in the current model. Wish they had kept it. Did not see any cupholders...

Quote:
Here are the various color options for the new Nexon
That black looks gorgeous.

Quote:
Where's the rear wiper washer?
It is hidden inside the spoiler at the top

NO CVT for diesel..???
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon.jpg  

satish.gawai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:03   #597

Improvement over the previous generation in almost every aspect. However Tata badly needs to modernise it's logo. On the steering wheel it looks utterly ugly. Tata should learn from Mahindra.
Marx1997 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:10   #598
BHPian

Tata is KILLING IT!

The new Nexon looks like it’s from a segment above, and a baby Harrier in every sense. Love the new styling and how they’ve gone all out on the features front. The interiors also look really upmarket and modern.

If it drives as well as it looks, Tata has a blockbuster on their hands. Kudos to them for upping the game.

Side note - Tata is no stranger to funky interior colour themes. IIRC they used to offer purple interiors in the Manza and plum interiors in the Aria.
Aaron:) is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:13   #599
BHPian

The red coloured ones look smashing. Baptized with oomph. Hope the colour holds up with age.
Surely, the purple interiors are left over concept car parts to be swiftly returned to the bin post launch?
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:21   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Futuristic looks. Good job they did with facelifting, while retaining the hardpoints. The front looks concept car like. Was expecting the rear to look like a mini-Harrier, but to my eyes it looks more like the XUV700's rear.
2. Contrary to popular opinion, the blue/purple interior looks awesome. Reminds me of the blue/brown interiors of the 80s era. And dare I say, reminds me of some Rolls Royce interior colour choices
3. Full map view available on the digital instrument cluster display!!! XUV700 democratised it and Nexon has made it more accessible. Frankly, without the option to see maps, full size digital instrument clusters are gimmicky.
4. Smart+(without sunroof) looks like a good base model option, while the Creative+ looks like the most VFM optiopn. Ofcourse, have to wait till pricing to say so.

Dislikes
1. Stupid of TATA to give the ageing 5MT in base models and even more stupider if they are not going to offer diesel in base models.
2. Except for the fancy gearlever, no change to the central console. Guess there would be space below the phone charging pad, but pray it is not the useless shaped storage area like the present Nexon. And the drive mode knob really feels like a waste of space.
3. Touch HVAC controls even in mid variants? If you really wanted to give so, give it to the top variants or one with ACC.
4. TATA better give an option to switch off the illuminated logo on the steering wheel.
5. Should have given the aero alloys to the EV version.

While we could rant about TATA not giving a non-AMT automatic transmission to the Nexon diesel, we know that it won't be much feasible for them. Kudos to them for even continuing to offer diesel in the Altroz, given that the next non-high rider(echuvee) diesel is either from Merc or BMW.

Last edited by DicKy : 2nd September 2023 at 11:23.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks