Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 23:44   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Most SUVs in a segment higher aren't really an upgrade/ better. They offer marginal additional space & power but cost much much more.
I respect your opinion and I agree that Nexon is a very compelling product in its segment (competes with a segment above maybe). My colleague has a petrol MT in its top variant and its a joy sitting in its front passenger seat. But the rear is short of headroom. My head has been hitting the roof every single time the car goes over a speed breaker etc. I am almost 6 feet in height and believe that the rear seat is meant for people upto 5’10” at max (again this is my personal belief based on my experience as a passenger).

These are the reasons why I feel that Nexon pricing is at its max and any more increase wont justify the price tag for that particular variant. The top variant of Petrol AMT Nexon sells for around 15.5 lacs in my city while the diesel AMT goes upto 17. If I have 17-19 lacs to spend on a car, I’d get something with more space (especially headroom) than the Nexon.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 07:53   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Add price of turbo petrol: around 1 lacs by market standard (Suzuki fronx example).
DCA over AMT in petrol: around 1-1.25 lacs for sure.
TC over AMT: Same, around 1 lacs.

Nexon is turbo petrol by default in all variants, there is no NA engine.
DCA will be 1-1.2L over manual, not AMT. We already have price reference for that which is Altroz DCA

AMT costs 65k over manual, so DCA models should cost only 60-70k over current AMT prices
Burgman_tales is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 10:49   #378
BHPian

Quote:
I am almost 6 feet in height and believe that the rear seat is meant for people upto 5’10” at max (again this is my personal belief based on my experience as a passenger).
It seems it really depends on the people sitting on the rear bench. Because I'm 6'2, and it has been comfortable for me sitting at the rear. (The vehicle in question is the variant with sunroof, so non-sunroof variants should have bit better head room)

It's not ideal, but it is nowhere uncomfortable tbh.
itisK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 11:18   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The on-road price increase will be substantial. It makes no sense in buying Nexon at those prices and one can easily upgrade to a better SUV for that sort of price.
The only substantial real "upgrade" nearest to the Nexon - is Creta/Seltos. And they are as much as 10L more in premium in some combinations of variants of Nexon & Seltos/Creta. So - its not right that the next segment is an easy choice. Especially when - the space gain is literally marginal. In case of Diesel - one gets the same power & torque. No reason to upgrade if MT. AT is better than AMT for sure, but then comes at a cost difference of nearly 10L. Rest of the gains are mainly cosmetic & electronic. Not many consider it an easy decision to spend nearly 10 big ones for these yet. Sooner or later - Hyundai/KIA will push prices up too, and the margins will get maintained like right now. Of course it feels like the car is overpriced. It is . But then all others are too, and there's no real exception to pick.

Kushaq/Taigun offer the TSI+DSG, but that is the only real immediate USP. Space, size and feature wise - the Nexon is right up there. So not many will cross shop here, unless the DSG is an express need. Kushaq-Taigun will typically have a different customer base, which anyway isn't ever going to consider the sub4M cars or specifically a Tata Nexon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Most SUVs in a segment higher aren't really an upgrade/ better. They offer marginal additional space & power but cost much much more. All that cost goes into government pockets because of higher GST rate and its cascading impact.
Indeed.
Quote:
I am almost 6 feet in height and believe that the rear seat is meant for people upto 5’10” at max (again this is my personal belief based on my experience as a passenger).
Of course - individual experience is what will always matter & you should stick to it. But in general - I'm 6'3", i have travelled in the rear seat of the Nexon & its actually very comfortable. No space issues. Every gentleman in my family is 6'+ and they tend to be fine in the Nexon rear seat too. Again - of course your personal experience and preference is fully appreciated. Just mentioning that there's a wide spectrum of opinion about the space/comfort of each car.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st August 2023 at 11:20.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 11:46   #380
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-429066

Autocar has rendered the interior of the facelifted Nexon.
ergon_9700 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 21:11   #381
BHPian

Impressive work, Tata! The interiors look fantastic. The dashboard design is clean, understated, yet sophisticated. It's definitely an improvement over the current interiors. Although I personally prefer a more traditional steering wheel design, that's just my old-school preference. Overall, great job Tata! You've certainly outdone the competitors in this segment.
MotorDev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:01   #382
BHPian

Got to know from the dealer that deliveries will start around Diwali, likely with the Harrier facelift.
audi_dream is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:25   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon_9700 View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-429066

Autocar has rendered the interior of the facelifted Nexon.
Gravitating towards a minimalistic, Land-Rover'-ish styling theme.
This looks nice.Will age well.
Maybe a baby Evoque next, TML? With an e-axle option for the rear for additional traction in demanding situations?
arjab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 22:12   #384
BHPian

I find that steering ugly and unbefitting to what looks like an outstanding interior uplift otherwise.

Plus Tata needs a logo refresh - the T-led on the Avinya concept was something else and would've looked awesome here too!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-heliosmob06.jpg  

reppy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 08:01   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon facelift powertrain details revealed. Expected to launch by mid Sept.

The Nexon facelift will gain two new gearbox options with its 1.2-litre petrol engine.

Nexon facelift will get a new 7-speed DCT gearbox.

Quote:
The Nexon facelift will continue to be powered by the existing 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine and the 1.5-litre diesel engine. Gearbox options also remain the same – 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT – but the petrol engine will now also get the option of a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. Hence, the Nexon facelift 1.2 petrol is expected to be available with four gearbox options.
Quote:
the 5-speed manual gearbox will be available on the entry-level petrol trims, while the 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox will be reserved for the higher-spec trims. The mid- and higher-spec petrol trims will get the 6-speed manual gearbox
Quote:
The Nexon facelift is also set to get comprehensive updates inside and out. On the exterior, Tata has made significant changes, including sheet metal changes, and the Nexon facelift looks like it draws design inspiration from the Tata Curvv. Key details include the new split-headlamp setup, a full width LED tailight at the rear, new dual-tone alloys, the exclusion of the erstwhile Nexon’s Y-shaped design motifs and much more
Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2023 at 08:04.
volkman10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 08:10   #386
BHPian

Personally, I don't like that manufacturers are relying much on touch panels for volume/ AC controls. It is a distraction to drivers in my opinion. Even if the new dashboard looks more futuristic, the old one is classier with its curves and highlights.
What are the benefits of 2 spoked steeering wheel ? I have only used 3 spoked wheels and it performs just fine to me
Then digital tachometer and speedometer is again something I am not a big fan of. I hope the actual dashboard is somewhere in between in terms of modern and functionality
Motorhead007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 09:05   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Nexon facelift powertrain details revealed. Expected to launch by mid Sept.....but the petrol engine will now also get the option of a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox....the 5-speed manual gearbox will be available on the entry-level petrol trims, while the 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox will be reserved for the higher-spec trims. The mid- and higher-spec petrol trims will get the 6-speed manual gearbox
The 7 speed DCT is welcome, but why the downgrade for the entry level petrol models? Pretty lame move from Tata. Sure it would be the same old mediocre TA65 gearbox.

Also the diesel continues to get the AMT.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 09:44   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The 7 speed DCT is welcome, but why the downgrade for the entry level petrol models? Pretty lame move from Tata. Sure it would be the same old mediocre TA65 gearbox.

Not just the diesel the petrol too gets it but it is only for the mid variants to keep costs in check.

But the diesel getting the AMT only is as you said
ergon_9700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 13:43   #389
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Expect nothing less than 30 variants once the Nexon facelift launches! Not only is it highly confusing for the buyer to select a variant but also for the showroom executives. They currently have over 60 variants on sale which includes various special editions!
PPS is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:28   #390
Senior - BHPian

DCT on the Diesel could have been a winner. I'm still hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks