Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 15:14   #316
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
I too think so. 120bhp/ 225 Nm is too much for it segment and may be will suit rumored 'blackbird'. Plus pricing it below 13-14 lacs will be difficult as well.

As per the link below (para 4), HT Auto reports that Nexon may retain the same engines (with same outputs). AMT expected to be replaced with DCA.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...307129952.html
Explorer... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 18:59   #317
BANNED

The only difference between Tata and MSIL is durability and reliability. But instead to improving it in ICE they are more focusing on EVS .

I hope New Tata Nexon matches Brezza performance
Getsetgo123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 22:00   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsetgo123 View Post
The only difference between Tata and MSIL is durability and reliability. But instead to improving it in ICE they are more focusing on EVS .

TATA has worked on the engines quite well but they are not able to get to the refinement levels of the Japanese. The reason some of which I think is the metallurgy and experience. TATA, compared to its counterparts, is quite new but not so new to still have unreliable power houses. They should have sorted issues by now. No doubt engineering has had jumped leaps and bounds and now are quite reliable but still are a few notches behind the foreign counterparts.

I feel the issue is that they rely more on Indian made parts and, I think, due to 'chaltha hai' attitude of local maker's spares, we get some lemons, that affect the local company's image.
Old 25th July 2023, 00:09   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsetgo123 View Post

I agree on the reliability front. Tata still needs to do a lot.

If anyone needs to improve on the performance, it's Maruti. Pre BS6, the only diesel engine they had was from Fiat, which, in its maximum tune, developed ~90bhp/200Nm, powered cars like brezza, S-cross, ertiga, XL6, Ciaz. While Nexon diesel develops 110 bhp/260Nm, making it the most powerful diesel SUV until xuv300 was launched.

Likewise, post bs6 petrol is a 1.5L NA unit developing 103bhp/138 Nm. While Nexon develops 120bhp/170Nm.

Maruti always focused on fuel efficiency, not on performance.
Benoit is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 13:15   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
More spy shots. They show three variants, one of which, appears to have wheel caps.

Courtesy: https://twitter.com/AshishAUplap
Don't understand why TATA don't provide quater glass at C Pillar .

There is space available to stretch C Pillar to perpendicular and easily accumulate that small glass
Old 31st July 2023, 17:48   #321
BHPian

The car is production ready and looks like it can launch anytime in a couple of months. Looks like front gets an extended DRL towards side profile like Curvv, bring it on TATA. I really wish we will get a complete product from day 1.

Source: Cardekho
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-1.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-nexon-2.jpg  

Last edited by vvivek85 : 31st July 2023 at 17:51. Reason: Added Source
vvivek85 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 21:34   #322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
The car is production ready and looks like it can launch anytime in a couple of months. Looks like front gets an extended DRL towards side profile like Curvv, bring it on TATA. I really wish we will get a complete product from day 1.

Source: Cardekho
Everything looks nice apart from C Pillar and angle of Rear glass .
Getsetgo123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 09:20   #323
BHPian

I sort of hoped they would get rid of the sloping window line. That along with the cluttered rear was two of my main complaints the Nexon'a design.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:17   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon facelift to have a simplified trim line-up, to get over 10 trims.

- Tata will ditch the current trim nomenclature (XE, XM, XM+, XZ+, and XZ+ Lux)

- Instead, use names similar to the Punch line-up which that has trims like Pure and Creative.

Quote:
Key feature additions will include 360-degree camera, a new LED DRL welcome signature and front parking sensors.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd August 2023 at 18:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 00:15   #325
BHPian

Hello All,

I am looking to upgrade from my Honda Jazz to Tata Nexon. I was about to book the top end diesel version of Kaziranga edition thinking it would take at-least 6+ months to get the new facelift version. But saw a post in Auto car which says facelift version to be launched in September 2023.

Though only TATA motors know the reality I just wanted to understand if I can take the Auto Car's post seriously and wait for the new launch? Please let me know your thoughts/suggestion. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
M-Roc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 00:33   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

You can go ahead and book it now, ensure to take the facelifted model. The recent pics definitely show a production ready model, so could be an imminent launch.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 10:27   #327
BHPian

I booked Nexon XMA 3 days ago. Should I put my booking on hold and wait for the Facelift launch? I can stretch my budget and go for the DCT version instead of the current AMT one. If I decide to put the booking on hold, what do I tell the dealer?
prince707 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 11:43   #328
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince707 View Post
I booked Nexon XMA 3 days ago. Should I put my booking on hold and wait for the Facelift launch? I can stretch my budget and go for the DCT version instead of the current AMT one. If I decide to put the booking on hold, what do I tell the dealer?
There can be a price hike given the substantial updates that are coming along with the facelift, moreover you have to wait a little further for deliveries, if you are okay with the above then you can ask your dealer to transfer your booking to facelift model.

Just tell your dealer to hold your booking until facelift's launch, don't make any further payments, he will hold it. If not they will try to pursue you to go with the current one as they need to clear the stocks before facelift arrives.
Old 4th August 2023, 12:05   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
There can be a price hike given the substantial updates that are coming along with the facelift, moreover you have to wait a little further for deliveries, if you are okay with the above then you can ask your dealer to transfer your booking to facelift model.

Just tell your dealer to hold your booking until facelift's launch, don't make any further payments, he will hold it. If not they will try to pursue you to go with the current one as they need to clear the stocks before facelift arrives.
Any internal news from Tata Motors about when the launch is actually happening? I am very confused. Autocar portal says September, but seems unlikely as it is not yet teased and the dealers say that we have no idea.

Also, the substantial price increase being talked about is also confusing. Will Tata put Nexon in a segment above rivalling the likes of Creta, Seltos and also risk the prospects of Curvv? The price increase should not be more than 50-60k else, it would become a totally different segment car.
prince707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 12:20   #330
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince707 View Post
Any internal news from Tata Motors about when the launch is actually happening? I am very confused. Autocar portal says September, but seems unlikely as it is not yet teased and the dealers say that we have no idea.

Also, the substantial price increase being talked about is also confusing. Will Tata put Nexon in a segment above rivalling the likes of Creta, Seltos and also risk the prospects of Curvv? The price increase should not be more than 50-60k else, it would become a totally different segment car.
As per the available information Tata is targeting the upcoming festive season so they have to launch the vehicle by Sept-Oct (Nexon, harrier, and Safari).

Since it is a facelift model with new features, there will be a price hike. but you are right; it should not be more than 50 -60K.

Tata may offer introductory pricing for some time initially.
satish.gawai is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks