Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 11:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Renault launches the 2023 Kiger, Triber & Kwid in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
I am not entirely certain of this but it was mentioned somewhere that the usage of 1.0 engine was to keep the costs under check on on the overall price of the car, since the 1.2L displacement might be attracting higher taxes and all.
Taxes remain the same be it 1.0L or 1.2L petrol. But I do agree with overall cost increase for putting in more powerful engine.
However, Renault must realise that it has to compete with Suzuki & Hyundai in India and it can't be done by less powerful, less fuel efficient cars.

The cost cutting is evident by just looking at how easily these siblings could be dented even by a small hit.
On road, I have seen more number of dents on kwid/triber/kiger/magnite/rediGo, than any other brand.
Old 28th February 2023, 19:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The lack of 4 cylinder smoothness is why I can never recommend the Renault/Nissan products to my friends and family. The test run cars vibrate and sound like a tractor.
I absolutely agree to this. I was in the market late last year for a car purchase. Though Kiger's ride quality was exceptional for its class, but that 3 cylinder was so rough and full of vibrations at idle that even my wife who has least interest in automobiles was pissed of with the coarseness and lack of refinement. I failed miserably to understand how people are plonking million plus rupees on that sort of engine refinement.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:26   #18
BHPian

the new BS6.2 versions havent yet started shipping from factory. Current stock with dealer is only for 2023 model BS6.1.

I am already a triber owner who has done 40k kms purely on highways, with nothing less than full load. Removed the rear seats on the day i got the car and always have placed 100s of kgs of telescope and other equipment in the boot. I have done hills, highways etc across south india.

I am replacing my 2019 triber with a 2023 triber, whenever it comes. I also own a tjet, among other cars. But in no way is this 3 cyl 1 liter engine bad or lousy. it can cruise at highway speeds in full load without any problem. I would say that it suits the driving styles of 99% road users. even on highways, its not like busses and lorries are overtaking us on open highways. On the contrary, we very very rarely get overtaken even by other cars
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:31   #19

I had a TD yesterday. My requirement is a car that can seat 6 people comfortably for a weekend trip, and for rest of the week, a solo drive vehicle to office. So most of the month, I will be using the car for office ferry purpose. So spending a bomb on bigger cars is not worth it.

I found the car to be longer than my current Tata Nexon. It looks like the bonnet space has been engineered to provide for extra space inside the cabin. For such a small space, I believe only 1L engine will be possible. For a higher capacity engine, the bonnet space will have to be increased which will compromise the extra space inside the cabin. Any views in this regard?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks