Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2024, 12:41   #106
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
A new teaser is out. Details here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7jReYhtUcz/?hl=en
Still not sure about the looks, but the exhaust note sound rather nice.
Old 30th May 2024, 12:58   #107
BHPian

re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

The only thing stopping me from buying a Tata product is the horrible service experience mentioned in many reviews.
Old 30th May 2024, 16:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
A new teaser is out. Details here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7jReYhtUcz/?hl=en
Don't know why... Could be the orange or the engine sound, but I am getting "wannabe KTM vibes"

PS - no disrespect to the owners.

Last edited by r0nit7 : 30th May 2024 at 16:10. Reason: Added PS
r0nit7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 11:32   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleAddict View Post
The only thing stopping me from buying a Tata product is the horrible service experience mentioned in many reviews.
True, but just to share a sunny side to the whole thing.. I am a happy owner of 2 (and soon 3) Tata cars. (Altroz iTurbo, Punch EV). The service is nowhere near Maruti levels for sure but it isn't unbarable (atleast where I stay). They have heavy wait times for a service booking (like 15 days atleast) but I have not had them do a improper job.

I prefer to get my cars 'fixed' from a FnG and then routinely serviced from Tata to keep the warranty. I believe most horror stories are due to people being handed lemons due to Tata's terrible QC, If you can insist a proper PDI of the car before delivery, the chances of bad times is very low.

My Altroz initially suffered from a faulty acc pedal position sensor. They took months to diagnose this (in their defence the issue was intermittent and undiagnosable, even the tests they ran on the sensor used to come back positive). But once that was fixed, the product is amazing. I am currently on 56k on the Odo, with a Stage 1+ remap and fuel calibration done at around 25k. And she is pushed to redline in 1st, 2nd, 3rd on practically a daily basis.

I am in no means defending Tata here, and they really need to handle these lemon cases well - But I believe the problem is at the local SC level rather than Tata as a whole (apart from QC).

Sorry for the derail,
The Racer looks amazing! Me with my remap am pushing similar numbers myself (albeit to the inferior TA65 gearbox). But I was wondering, would it be possible to port a few creature-comfort features to me car? Say the new infotainment system or the cameras.

The racer in a remapped form would smoke other cars in the segment I feel, with the extra 200cc of displacement . Really hoping to see the Alpha Arc chassis see a worthy powertrain, That chassis is truly amazing.
CannedShroud is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 12:11   #110
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Racer unofficial bookings open.

Quote:
Select dealerships across the country have started accepting bookings by paying a token amount of Rs. 21,000
Quote:
Will likely be offered in two variants

1.2-litre turbo-petrol motor mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Expect the performance hatchback to be bundled with a DCA (DCT) gearbox.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 12:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Racer bookings open in India

Tata Motors has announced the commencement of pre-bookings for the Altroz Racer. Prices are expected to be revealed later this month.

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-altroz-racer.jpg

The Altroz Racer is a sportier version of the standard Altroz. It will compete with the Hyundai i20 N Line in the Indian market. The Altroz Racer will feature a dual-tone exterior with racing stripes and special ‘Racer’ badges. The hatchback is expected to get a revised front grille, a rear spoiler, a sunroof and 16-inch alloy wheels.

The Altroz Racer will get a black interior with orange stitching and matching trim. In terms of equipment, the car will feature a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, ventilated front seats, ambient lighting, a digital instrument cluster with a head-up display, a 360-degree camera, a sunroof and an air purifier.

The Altroz Racer will use a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine from the Nexon. It produces 118 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 170 Nm @ 1,750-4,000 rpm and is likely to be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd June 2024 at 12:57.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 13:08   #112
BHPian

Though I have already reserved an i20 N-Line, I am excited to see how this car compares in terms of performance. I do not anticipate it to be as good as the N-Line.
Old 2nd June 2024, 14:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Racer brochure leaked.

- Launch on 7th June

- Will be available in 3 exterior colours

- Three variants on offer (R1, R2, R3)

- Only Manual transmission

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317260312.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317262934.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317265466.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317268068.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317270722.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317273897.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317276736.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-fb_img_1717317279093.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd June 2024 at 14:10.
Venkatesh is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 15:22   #114
Senior - BHPian

As long as those stripes are vinyl, a lot of wrap shops might just end up getting good business from this model.
akash_v12 is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 15:31   #115
BHPian

Tata being Tata, launching yet another incomplete car with only an MT in a market that is moving forward with ATs. They already have an AT box from the nexon why can't they plonk it in the Altroz, When Hyundai can give a GDI engine and a DCT in the N line, Tata can surely give it in the Altroz. The ALFA platform deserves a good powertrain.
nithishsaba is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 16:08   #116
BHPian

What a poor attempt at a supposedly sporty premium hatchback! There is not a single mention of proper performance enhancement stuff like suspension stiffening, or maybe rear disc brakes. I wonder what made Tata take so much time to just put a Nexon gearbox in the Altroz. Very very poor show by Tata. I am highly disappointed. I mean I was prepared for this, but after reading the brochure I am more disappointed than what I had anticipated.

Oh and I was hoping of a remote possibility of this car having the Nexon DCT, Tata motors never fails to disappoint.
saikishor is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 16:09   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithishsaba View Post
Tata being Tata, launching yet another incomplete car with only an MT in a market that is moving forward with ATs. They already have an AT box from the nexon why can't they plonk it in the Altroz, When Hyundai can give a GDI engine and a DCT in the N line, Tata can surely give it in the Altroz. The ALFA platform deserves a good powertrain.
"Volumes" is the name of the game my dear friend!!!

The problem is for power the engine and GB requires great tuning and performance enhancements. The Altroz is not expected to set sales charts on fire and also is not much exported to get numbers for justifying investments into it. Comparatively Hyundai N Line is sold in markets world over and only need suspension tuning for Indian conditions. So we should not expect much but just a car with some performance booster who might ask for but in small numbers.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 16:28   #118
BHPian

The black roof is fine but the black bonnet seems to be an overkill. Maybe just some racing stripes would have sufficed.
racer_7 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 16:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
lThe Altroz is not expected to set sales charts on fire and also is not much exported to get numbers for justifying investments into it.
Problem is that you cannot half-a$$ an enthusiast focused car. You have to go all in and convince them that you're serious if you want to convert them and get new customers.
vellatechie is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 17:07   #120
BHPian

Not particularly impressive This is merely an Altroz body with a Nexon engine placed on it, along with some fancy stated features and squirrel back lines on the bone. Who knows? To find out if everything functions flawlessly right out of the box, simply search for "Altroz issues team-bhp", which will yield an absurd amount of articles.

- absence of a rear disc.
- smaller Tire profile
- MT only

They want to refer to it as a `Racer` even though suspension and steering are not mentioned.
throttleAddict is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks