Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2024, 00:20   #76
BHPian

re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

It’s a really good looking color combo. With so many sticker jobs from VW and Maruti, what’s the harm in Tata trying to get some attention here. I mean anything is better that the swift windsong edition.

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th May 2024 at 09:08. Reason: Typo correction
mally2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 12:14   #77
BHPian

re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

So after almost a year, they've finally managed to get the racer edition. Though it looks pretty good, when will the 6 airbags and the bigger infotainment system come to the standard variants? It's long overdue now, considering its competitors like i20 and Baleno get 6 airbags atleast in their top variants.

They should launch this as a special edition, and later make it the standard i-turbo version. Since the car's overall driving dynamics is excellent, people will lap it up, as there is no proper hot hatch after the VW Polo left Indian shores. Or better discontnue the NA 1.2 L altogether, and make the current i- turbo the standard petrol engine. Get a reliable torque converter to pair with the engine and this thing will rock the sales chart.

People looking for both efficiency and performance have it in 1.5 diesel engine. And what about the DCT gearbox? Are they launching it with this version, or are they going to introduce it at later date?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th June 2024 at 16:04. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Old 13th May 2024, 14:49   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

The sticker work can be dealt with and the Altroz already has a well tuned suspension/steering that can be left as it is or be easily made sporty.

The place where everyone should pray is in the engine performance area. Not BHP/NM numbers or the 0-100 km/h timings or pops and bangs. But sheer driving feel. TATA has never been one to properly tune their engines or power delivery properly, but hope they make amends with the Altroz Racer. Gear shifts that are not notchy, clutch pedal that doesn't have super long travel, engine power delivery that doesn't have flat spots or jerky delivery are some areas that TATA could work on.

BTW, TATA. Since you have found a way to put the 6 speed gearbox in the Altroz, maybe you guys could also give the Altroz diesel the Nexon tune.

Last edited by DicKy : 13th May 2024 at 14:50.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 16:18   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitadru View Post
So after almost a year, they've finally managed to get the racer edition. Though it looks pretty good, when will the 6 airbags and the bigger infotainment system come to the standard variants ? It's long overdue now, considering its competitors like i20 and Baleno get 6 airbags atleast in their top variants.
The facelift versions of Punch, Altroz and even Tiago may get 6 Airbags going forward. Maruti has started this with Swift, Skoda and VAG have started this with Kushaq / Slavia / Taigun / Virtus. Hyundai and Kia already have 6 Airbags standard across all cars, Citreon to standardized in H2 2024. This will soon become a standard. Anyone buying a car today without 6 Airbags should re-think.
Love4Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 17:34   #80
BANNED

If there is no AMT at least, then again it’s a half baked attempt. Rest everything is handled in the existing Altroz. If you are giving DCA to this beast, rest assured, this Altroz and Punch will wipe out the expensive Nexon.

Nexon is a classic but it has become so so expensive for what it offers.

Learn from the mistakes of your own past, you dont get a third chance Tata.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th June 2024 at 16:04. Reason: Spacing and formatting for improved readability
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 19:47   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Altroz Racer spied testing, ahead of launch next month.

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-66433d58b0b56.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-66433d8e181f3.jpg

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-66433da1da94c.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 16:44   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Altroz Racer interiors spied:

Quote:
Features all-black interior with contrasting orange inserts along AC vents and central console.

To be equipped with new kit such as a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, ventilated front seats, six airbags and a 360-degree camera.

Powered by 120 PS 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine, paired with 6-speed manual transmission.
Name:  Screenshot 20240520 164240.png
Views: 341
Size:  383.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20240520 164301.png
Views: 342
Size:  391.5 KB

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 21:56   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
BTW, TATA. Since you have found a way to put the 6 speed gearbox in the Altroz, maybe you guys could also give the Altroz diesel the Nexon tune.
Honestly, this will be faster than the 1.2 turbo petrol Altroz racer.

120 BHP 260 Nm puts it even ahead of Polo 1.6 GT TDI.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Racer official teaser released ahead of launch

Tata Motors has released the first official teaser of its upcoming hot hatchback, the Altroz Racer. It is expected to be launched next month.

120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-tataaltrozrightsideview0.jpg

The teaser image shows the partial side profile of the Altroz Racer. It looks like the dual-tone bright orange and black will be the launch colour. The car has a black roof spoiler, while the 4-spoke dual-tone alloy wheels are similar to those offered on the standard model.

Inside, the Altroz Racer could get a larger touchscreen infotainment system and might also be equipped with features like ventilated front seats, a head-up display, a 360-degree camera and a sunroof.

The Altroz Racer is expected to use a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine from the Nexon. It produces 118 BHP and 170 Nm and is likely to be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th May 2024 at 15:48.
TusharK is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 18:09   #85
BHPian

DCA + Powerful Engine might just make the segment sizling again. Hoping they price it correctly and have a Dark edition too.
iskandariya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 09:52   #86
BHPian

Dated and over done exteriors and interiors of the Altroz aside, in my opinion Hyundai i20 is a better product in every aspect including after sales and reliability.
kpkeerthi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 10:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Dated and over done exteriors and interiors of the Altroz aside, in my opinion Hyundai i20 is a better product in every aspect including after sales and reliability.
Altroz wins on design, but the way a car looks is subjective. The biggest advantage the Altroz has over the i20 is the Alfa Arc platform, it's dynamics and handling is better and the cherry on top is that it comes with 5 star crash safety rating vis a vis only 3 stars for the Hyundai.
shortbread is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 11:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

The name 'Racer' edition feels lame. Tata could have resurrected the JTP nomenclature. Abandoning sub-brands and creating new ones just destroys the customer's confidence.
padmrajravi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 13:10   #89
BANNED

And to top it all they have no Automatic.
In today's time it is such a turn off.
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 13:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post

Really? Looks are subjective and in my view the Altroz looks sharp and has a balanced design. In comparison, the i20’s tail lamps are placed lower than the waist line, creating a slightly unbalanced look. And in terms of reliability, the Altroz, Punch and Nexon have been selling nearly 30-35k cars a month and i dont think there is any report of quality or reliability issue. Also, we seem to conveniently ignore the abysmal safety ratings of Hyundai in general.
The interiors of the Altroz need to be improved, and also it needs to have better kit, which i think Tata will address in the coming months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
The name 'Racer' edition feels lame. Tata could have resurrected the JTP nomenclature. Abandoning sub-brands and creating new ones just destroys the customer's confidence.

JTP was specific to the cars tuned by “Jayem Autos” they were a third party and hence i think Tata may not want to use this nomenclature. I agree that “racer” sounds amateurish, they should have come up with something better.
motorworks is online now   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks