Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2024, 17:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
What exactly is wrong here ? An orange on grey/ black is an exciting combination. If this were a Polo GT or an Abarth we would be drooling all over it. The Altroz is equally stylish.
Taste is clearly subjective, but it’s surprising that Indian customers in 2024 are lapping this up, considering it as “stylish” and an otherwise comprehensive update (especially since I already brought up the JTP twins from Tata’s own stables). And no, the Germans and Italians have better taste when it comes to styling more drool worthy cars.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 17:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

This should be the base version of the Altroz IMHO. That cars shape demands a 120Bhp Engine.

Hope the suspension and brakes are upgraded.
svsantosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 17:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Taste is clearly subjective, but it’s surprising that Indian customers in 2024 are lapping this up, considering it as “stylish” and an otherwise comprehensive update (especially since I already brought up the JTP twins from Tata’s own stables). And no, the Germans and Italians have better taste when it comes to styling more drool worthy cars.
You are contradicting yourself here. First, you say taste is clearly subjective but then you are still surprised by other's poor taste!

From the image, it looks like Manual only at launch and then the usual drama of launching DCT after a few months. The person who is taking these decisions could be the guy who brought drip irrigation into Indian farming
RaghuVis is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 18:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
You are contradicting yourself here. First, you say taste is clearly subjective but then you are still surprised by other's poor taste!
I was merely agreeing with the commenter above. Now if I were to not add that line about taste being subjective, it would result in a war about whose taste is the better taste. My original point (and every other point) was strictly my own opinion. Views differ, vehemently or otherwise!

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 10th May 2024 at 18:04.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 21:27   #65
BHPian

Such a long time to retrofit previous generation Safari/Harrier cluster and touchscreen, and plonking the Nexon engine (change of tune essentially of the iTurbo)

Why this step-motherly treatment Tata. Have been seriously waiting for at least a mid-life facelift wrt infotainment and the ugly gauge cluster since they showed hopes of it when they showcased the altroz racer first. It would otherwise be perfect replacement for my ageing beater
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 21:58   #66
BHPian

The block bonnet looks overdone. A differently styled alloy would've been subtle. Extra features are a welcome addition but a DCA option would do wonders in sales.

The iturbo belongs to the tiago and tigor. If the tigor had the option, our family would've been driving in one today instead of the the pre-facelift brezza.

Typical for Tata for missing out on aspects that become deal breakers. Altroz would've been an extremely successful car if it had better engines. Let's wait for the launch and we will know if Tata botches up the pricing or not.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 22:35   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Attachment 2604572

Needed one more white line and a red dot in the middle. Could have looked like a Shiva temple on wheels!
84.monsoon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 23:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

I genuinely hope that even if they launch with a livery, they retain the option for solid colours. Not everyone likes those liveries, and I sure don't either.
akash_v12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 07:51   #69
BHPian

Look forward to more Racer branded vehicles in the Tata lineup

Last edited by ellip5i5 : 11th May 2024 at 07:53. Reason: Wrong thread
ellip5i5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 10:27   #70
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Apart from the tacky looks, will the car drive well? And is there an option to have regular colours?
JunkyardHunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 12:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I genuinely hope that even if they launch with a livery, they retain the option for solid colours. Not everyone likes those liveries, and I sure don't either.
Yeah, the car scheme with the strips looks hideous, something I might have liked when I was much younger and something my 12 year old brother might appreciate more.

If this is the only option, I'm definitely negotiating a discount to match the cost of wrapping the entire car in something more sensible.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 22:15   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Yeah, the car scheme with the strips looks hideous, something I might have liked when I was much younger and something my 12 year old brother might appreciate more.

If this is the only option, I'm definitely negotiating a discount to match the cost of wrapping the entire car in something more sensible.
Are you looking towards getting this? Haven’t you looked at the N-line already? Asking because I’m on the same boat, I 100% like the upmarket feel of the N-line and the no fuss Hyundai quality of the vehicle, considering all sort of service centre issues and QA on Tata, I’m just waiting for the launch so maybe the Europe version of n-line might be relaunched again here

Last edited by graaja : 12th May 2024 at 22:42. Reason: Fixing typos: u -> you, n-line -> N-line, TAtA -> Tata. Please proof read before posting
throttleAddict is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th May 2024, 08:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

At least till the prices are out, I see no major reason to complain about. Tata already has the basics sorted with the Altroz. It looks good, handles well and is built like a tank. Those white stripes look tacky for sure. But getting rid of them will be a 30 minute job for any good detailer worth his salt. Looking forward to have a go in this one.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 09:39   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The Tata Altroz Racer launch confirmed for early June.

Attachment 2604572

Attachment 2604573
This is the same example of some kids putting puma or range rover sticker on an old maruti 800.

Jokes apart, Tata made such good designs and now put this???

It will be much better to tune an altroz dark edition, atleast it will look good.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th May 2024 at 10:16. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Anonymous guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 20:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleAddict View Post
Are you looking towards getting this ? Haven’t u looked at the n-line already? Asking because I’m on the same boat, I 100% like the upmarket feel of the n-line and the no fuss Hyundai quality of the vehicle, considering all sort of service centre issues and QA on TAtA , I’m just waiting for the launch so maybe the Europe version of n-line might be relaunched again here
I might consider it, not exactly in the market for a hot hatch being a very satisfied owner of a Polo 1.0 TSI AT.

I haven't driven either but I'd be more trusting of Tata's steering and driving dynamics over Hyundai's, I'm not fond of the i20' taillights and I would not be holding my breath for the European version. That's never going to happen. The turbo from Verna? Naaaah
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks