Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2024, 10:46   #226
BHPian

Re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Now the major question I ask myself is - Is spending 3+ lakhs for that gorgeous 3 box sedan look I'd justified?
I can see how on paper there are similarities between the Altroz and the Virtus. However, allow me to give you a better perspective.
  • You already have a diesel Altroz, and from what I understand your specimen is a rather reliable one! Don't take that for granted!
  • While Altroz Racer is cheaper than the Virtus, you're paying ₹11 to ₹13 lakhs for what is essentially the same car with a better engine. Virtus on the other hand gives you a new experience.
  • Virtus due to its longer wheelbase might be more planted.
  • I've heard that Virtus and Slavia has discounts, so perhaps the price difference between the Altroz Racer and the Virtus might be narrower than you think. Apparently some dealers still have MY 2023 cars in their stockyard. Go visit a showroom and examine the ground reality; find out the actual price.
As you're probably aware, Virtus has the even more punchier 1.5 MT, but only on the higher variants I think. Seriously consider that despite the higher price. Alternately, the Skoda Slavia has the 1.5 MT available in lower variants based on what I see in their official website.
voldemort is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 11:07   #227
BHPian

Re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

Quote:
Disclaimer: This is totally a personal opinion and this comparison may not make sense to people who buy cars with image & segments in their mind. And I absolutely agree the 1.0 TSI is an excellent motor, and if I may call it that - Superior than 1.2L turbo petrol of Tata. The following opinion is from my perspective as a user who has daily highway usage involving driving at consistent triple digit speeds on majorly great highways.
Since you like the 3 box shape and Virtus is one of most balanced designs in sedans, it should be a good enough reason to go for Virtus as a upgrade. However good Altroz may be, it cannot be compared to Virtus. The VW will be much more satisfying when you revv that 1.0 tsi along with its sweet handling capabilities. Image and segment will be the cherry on top
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 11:31   #228

Quote:
Disclaimer: This is totally a personal opinion and this comparison may not make sense to people who buy cars with image & segments in their mind. And I absolutely agree the 1.0 TSI is an excellent motor, and if I may call it that - Superior than 1.2L turbo petrol of Tata. The following opinion is from my perspective as a user who has daily highway usage involving driving at consistent triple digit speeds on majorly great highways..
I have an Altroz(D) as well as a Slavia in our family for over a year and the first thing that comes to my mind is that if you travel long distances with your family, then the VW twins surely have an upper hand due to the rear legroom.
When I'm driving the Altroz, and the seat is pushed back as per my preference, there isn't much room left at the back, so rear passengers have to compromise a bit. On the other hand, in the Slavia with the same driver seat configuration, there is enough rear-legroom. The six speed gearbox of the VW twins also doesn't help the case of Altroz. If you drive mostly on highways, then the 6th-gear would surely be more fuel efficient as well as less noisy. Another thing I would like to add is that I feel the Slavia has better composure under heavy braking as compared to Altroz. Though Altroz has good braking power, I sometimes feel, it could and should have been better. Don't know whether the brakes have been updated on the Altroz Racer or not.

Mod Note: Our Tata Altroz Racer Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 16th June 2024 at 12:18. Reason: Link to review added
vivek_saha1304 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks