Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2024, 23:40   #181
BHPian

Re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

This looks extraordinarily gaudy to me. This is coming from someone who likes Citroen C3 and Kushaq in their orange colors.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 05:05   #182
BHPian

Re: 120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Looks there is a competition for best obituary writers for cars. Or adrenaline to whine is unstoppable?
Let the car come out of the wraps. Can't we even hold the condolence letter for another day

No turbo? They gave you one. No automatic? They gave you DCA. No CNG? Dual tank CNG is here.
No powerful engine and when they are offering, now I'm worried about logos on steering or the paint stripes on bonnet. God bless us
Agree , though I think the opinions are because Altroz has enthusiast interest. Only a team bhp review can conclude if the ‘Racer’ holds water.

For me, if the engine-gearbox-handling-safety package is superb, I can make the jump. One can give the car a satin grey/black full body wrap, nice black alloys with fatter tyres. Other option is to wrap the hood in white; love a white colored Altroz with black roof.

The ricer looks, tyre width, logos, gear lever knob are solvable problems, albeit ones I will solve rather grudgingly. But pricing is not too optimistic so eagerly waiting for the team bhp review
SchnelleKurven is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 07:16   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAvgJoe View Post
I remember reading somewhere a year ago (this was before the launch of the facelifted Nexon) about a new 1.2L Direct injection Turbo Petrol engine from TATA. Power figures were, if i remember right, 125bhp & torque at 250Nm. I thought it was a slam dunk that they would put it in the TATA Altroz Racer.

I guess that was a bridge too far. Maybe a Nexon Racer?
I believe the new 1.2L Direct injection Turbo petrol will make its debut with Curvv and eventually replace the existing petrol mill in Nexon.

I hope TATA will also find a way to plonk Nexon's diesel engine into Altroz and launch it before the EV version.

Dear mods, when can we expect the Review...?
Nano45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 12:04   #184
BHPian

Racer ? Why do automobile manufacturers take India for granted by calling their variants with interiors and sticker jobs. Races means more power, better suspensions, sticky tyres and slick gearbox. By no means, it’s a RACER.
harishpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 19:49   #185

If they shortened the RACER to 'R', it would have been a nice name. Altroz R sounds much cooler. Like Figo S, Baleno RS, Polo GT etc.
MiamiBlue is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 22:04   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Altroz Racer starts reaching dealerships ahead of launch.

Attachment 2612864
I guess Tata designers drew inspiration from this while deciding on the color scheme for the Racer edition -
120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-tuxedo-cat-.jpg
Image source - Google search. Copyright remains with the respective owners

While the meow is undeniably cute, the Racer just looks meh, neither cute nor hot

Last edited by Emvi : 8th June 2024 at 22:11.
Emvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 08:07   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The background track has been inspired by Tokyo Drift title track

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2024 at 09:41. Reason: Trimming quote
Civic_doc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 09:07   #188
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Where are the ones who were defending the Ricer Edition now?

Tata needs to hire a new set of Design interns at least, if they want to eat a chunk out of the i20 nLine’s sales.
Old 9th June 2024, 13:14   #189
BHPian

Racing stripes at the front that too in this day and age , guess it’s more ‘RICER’ than ‘RACER’, probably will have the same fate as the JTP twins anyway will see after the drive review.
VwRabbit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 16:50   #190
Senior - BHPian

Looks aside which seems to be the main topic of discussion I am curious to find how this thing actually drives. While they have been talking about the more powerful engine I saw nothing about the suspension which is one of the main highlights of driving the NLine variants of both the i20 and the Venue. In a YouTube video of the exhaust note of the Racer I was not very impressed either. Can't wait for a good review.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 9th June 2024, 17:22   #191
BHPian

They should've launched this car with the RED color that was originally showcased in Auto Expo 2023. The Racer stripes would've suited the car with the red Color.

Also Tata hasn't made any changes to the suspension and steering of the Altroz Racer, whereas Hyundai tweaked the suspension and handling of the i20 N-Line vis-a-vis the i20. So, Altroz Ricer, I mean Altroz Racer is just a sticker job with a more powerful output
sharmanova is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 21:36   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
What is it sorely missing is a DCT with Paddle Shifters.
There is a fine line when it comes to the sale of the “Dynamic” models of cars and gearboxes in India. When the Polo GT TSI was originally launched, people complained why no Manual. When the Punto Abarth was launched, people complained why no DCT. When the recent Octavia VRS was launched, people complained why no Manual. When the Baleno RS was launched, people complained why no DCT.

And the story continues with the Altroz Racer. And then there will be people who will ask why not both, but then the same people will complain about why its been priced higher than the competition (Eg: i20 N line) without understanding that just adding an additional gearbox increases manufacturing/import homologation costs. We Indians are never satisfied are we

Last edited by Starfire : 9th June 2024 at 21:41.
Starfire is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 22:14   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
We Indians are never satisfied are we
I have aged through the generations you have mentioned and might have said those statements too.

See per me a real race car needs to be Manual period.(this is petrohead talking)

But a real life win win is Gift it to the Wife for weekdays so that you can enjoy it on the weekends (this is maturity talking with age). Makes the case for peppy hatch a viable concept.

Actual win win would be an AT which behaves like MT in Manual mode
Old 10th June 2024, 10:12   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonysnicketz View Post
Tiago JTP looked so much better. Proportions were spot on. Why is the exhaust rusted already? What the hell is that gear lever? What are those atrocious colours? No differentiating bodykit nor suspension components or steering why even make these?
And yet, the market rejected the car. I find the cosmetic touches loud and not at all tastefully done and feel the name Altroz R would have been much better than Altroz Racer, but that is where my fault finding with this model stops.

In my book, kudos to Tata for giving a much-needed powerful engine to the Altroz, and who knows, if there are enough sales and inquiries, they may also provide a DCT.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 10:17   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
And yet, the market rejected the car. I find the cosmetic touches loud and not at all tastefully done and feel the name Altroz R would have been much better than Altroz Racer, but that is where my fault finding with this model stops.

In my book, kudos to Tata for giving a much-needed powerful engine to the Altroz, and who knows, if there are enough sales and inquiries, they may also provide a DCT.

--Anoop
Market rejected it but I didn't Altroz R would definitely have been enough. Altroz iturbo had the same engine right? I felt the dark edition is a looker too. Lowered suspension tighter steering was what I was hoping for. Hope to see tata succeed too but a little more effort
Attached Thumbnails
120 BHP Tata Altroz Racer confirmed for launch. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.49 lakh-img20210126wa0008.jpg  

Lemonysnicketz is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks