Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:40   #1276
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Could be but unlikely as these firms follow standards like CMMI level. Only way it could be different would be terming this a “pre production” unit making it expensive to manufacture. A clear copy is also attached for everyone’s reference.

Attachment 2442650
Thanks Purohitanuj for sharing complete copy of Tax invoice. Really appreciate your efforts in getting a copy of Jimny invoice. Seeing this invoice it appears to have been billed to MSIL itself & not to a dealer (from what ever can be seen). Moreover as you mentioned that it may have been invoiced under returnable goods invoicing.
Technically when a manufacturer starts commercial production of their product, they have to inform the complete pricing structure of that product to the jurisdictional GST Division office under which their factory falls. We all know that MSIL has neither started commercial production of Jimny nor announced the price of Jimny variants. They have just produced few Jimny vehicles for testing & display purposes which would be on no sale basis and belongs to MSIL itself. You can see none of these vehicles have regular registration plates- only temporary HR 26 (Gurugram) registration stickers. Even one seen driving down to Shimla few weeks back.
However as you very well know that no manufactured goods can leave factory without a tax invoice & payment of applicable CGST & SGST, some non commercial value has to be declared for preparing a goods removal tax invoice for the purpose of paying tax to GST authorities. Same would be the case here.
Correct picture would come out only once commercial production of Jimny starts & prices declared.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:55   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Made in India Jimny have this cutout on the dashboard panel below the switches, this space is exclusively for the japanese ETC tag device as found on the RHD JDM 3 door models. So MSIL having retained that for the 5 door had my suspicion of the 5 door making it across to Japan.

Attachment 2442063

The JDM 3 door Jimny Sierra does not meet Kei regulations anyway, nor will the Jimny Sierra Long. So nothing lost.

Puny dead pedal and limiting wheel well.
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:55   #1278
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Jimny ballpark pricing

Let us take the Maruti Brezza here for price benchmarking, as both have the same GST incidence of 45%. Under the guise of retro styling of Jimny, Maruti had a lot of opportunities to cut costs, for example, with a lift-type door handle, an old-school turn indicator, etc. In addition, production costs will be lower for ladder frame construction over monocoque body construction. But it's a little surprising to see that there isn’t much compromise on creature comfort as in the case of Mahindra Thar, for example, the 3 request sensor on the outside, Pro+ infotainment, etc.

Name:  1.png
Views: 643
Size:  47.5 KB

Overall, pricing-wise, it will be close to Brezza, but with fewer features. Maruti also has a product portfolio to manage and avoid unnecessary cannibalization, so there is no lower variant with a sticker price to set price perception.

Name:  2.png
Views: 639
Size:  13.4 KB

Rather than off-road credibility, the large majority of Thar buyers purchase decisions are consciously or sub-consciously driven by "Jante nahin hamare Chacha MLA hain!" - pseudo experience in daily life, and that Jimny, with the practicality of 4 doors, couldn’t promise to full extent.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-3.png

As far as the size and design of the Jimny are concerned, it is very proportionate in terms of design, something similar to the Ford Ecosport. The Ecosport always looked like a shrunken SUV in pictures and in isolation. When placed next to the Wagon R or Santro it gives away its illusionary large SUV effect. So it seems Jimny will go well as a Mercedes G-Wagen rip-off, as Thar is an unashamed Jeep Wrangler rip-off.

Last edited by pqr : 22nd April 2023 at 10:57.
pqr is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:09   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
Jimny ballpark pricing
Let us take the Maruti Brezza here for price
When placed next to the Wagon R or Santro it gives away its illusionary large SUV effect. So it seems Jimny will go well as a Mercedes G-Wagen rip-off, as Thar is an unashamed Jeep Wrangler rip-off.
This is a well formed analysis. It is pretty plausible the way you have argued your points.
Saying that, the Jimny doesnt have the same practicality for Indian usage patterns and conditions as the Brezza has. Hence, with this pricing, it will remain a vehicle with niche appeal. The adventurous modern young urban Indian will buy it. Mostly it will be the second or perhaps third car in the garage.
It wont work for the family oriented or elder individuL type of buyer persona.
I don't think I will be able, for example, to replace my 80 year old father’s 4 year old Toyota Glanza AT with the Jimny Alpha AT, as I had dreamt that I would consider doing. My Dad likes Jeepy things because he has used them for years and years, and I thought the Jimny will weather our Indian cities floods and bad roads better and being compact with AT and plenty luggage space it would prove a great practical choice, but the Jimny simply wont be able to match the comfort of the Glanza. And there is no price advantage to be had either.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:14   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
It makes sense that Maruti invoices this same Jimny to each dealer, which is as per law and also clears Maruti with any losses/liabilities. There is a concept of Returnable Goods Invoice which is issued in such cases.

Maybe this returnable invoice includes insurance or logistics costs or something similar. Or maybe something else that they can later take care of in the credit note.

However, if this price is going to stick, I'll take my simple & tough vehicle quest elsewhere (maybe back to a carburetted 1.3 Gypsy or a Thar DI).

Lets see.
Lets hope they price it right.
aravind422 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:23   #1281
BHPian

Jimny Price chart breakup as per my analysis

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-jimny-price-chart.jpg
purohitanuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:24   #1282
BHPian

I know these are pre-production vehicles but I do hope production Jimnys have a black painted frame instead of body colour. And the lack of cladding around the wheel wells makes things much worse.
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:29   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
I know these are pre-production vehicles but I do hope production Jimnys have a black painted frame instead of body colour. And the lack of cladding around the wheel wells makes things much worse.
3 Door Jimnys worldwide are painted like this so I dont see much hope to get the frame painted in black. Even if you look under bonnet, you can see the body paint ending as gradient which is an eyesore.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:33   #1284
Senior - BHPian

I paid 6.2L for the MG413W in 2010.
I think a 200% hike for a modern version with AT and "some" creature comforts like AC, power windows, central locking, infotainment etc. as well as inflation is not out of the realms of reality.

12.99 ex-showroom is what I estimated. 13.99 appears to be only a small stretch but even that translates to a much higher on-road than I am willing to accommodate. 14L ex translates to almost 17L OTR in Chennai and maybe a lot higher in Bangalore/Mumbai. Close to 18 or more?

I just don't think that is worth it. Almost 6 Lakhs in various taxes alone if my mental math is right.

If there is a 9.99L variant, it will be the one to go for if you are a proper off-road enthusiast. Lower taxes + lower insurance.

I "might" consider the 9.99L variant just to get 5% break in road tax. This is approximately INR 75K saving down from the next variant. Do I want a manual transmission 4x4 so badly? What is wrong with my current Pajero SFX that I need to replace it with something half its size?

Super confused at this point and I guess this anxiety is unwarranted until the official prices are revealed.

Last edited by gsferrari : 22nd April 2023 at 11:45. Reason: anxiety driven points added
gsferrari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:47   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
3 Door Jimnys worldwide are painted like this so I dont see much hope to get the frame painted in black. Even if you look under bonnet, you can see the body paint ending as gradient which is an eyesore.
That’s a bummer. It’s unusual because most BoF vehicles have a black frame regardless of the body colour. I guess I’m limited to just grey and bluish black if I were to buy one.
TaurusSHO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:51   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
14L ex translates to almost 17L OTR in Chennai and maybe a lot higher in Bangalore/Mumbai. Close to 18 or more?

Do I want a manual transmission 4x4 so badly? What is wrong with my current Pajero SFX that I need to replace it with something half its size?

I guess this anxiety is unnecessary until the official prices are revealed.
Yes in Blr this top spec Alpha AT will work out to 18 lacs on road. The Alpha MT will hit 17 ish. At these prices the automatic comparison will be to the Thar and so on.

Me, I think the dynamics and behaviour of the MT Jimny will be better than the AT on highways but the AT will be better in city and for the novice off roader.

I am, like you, deeply confused so I cant answer your question or even suggest that you should let go of your Pajero which is streets above anything in India right now. Your Pajero is a Fortuner or even Land Cruiser rival.

I cannot make up my mind whether to let go of my 26 month old Thar AT Petrol and buy the Jimny. Or whether to let go of my beloved 9 year old Gypsy and buy the Jimny.

As you say all this anxiety is worthless until the actual prices are revealed and until one is able to test drive the MT and AT variants. Also a good idea to wait for the Thar 5 door and see how that is.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:55   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I guess this anxiety is unwarranted until the official prices are revealed.
True mate. Can someone wake me up after this intense price guessing is over?
4x4addict is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 12:03   #1288

So I was just randomly scrolling on Instagram and I just saw a post that led me to a blog post claiming that the Alpha variant Ex-Showroom price was leaked via a dealer..

https://carblogster.com/2023/04/22/m...ed-via-dealer/
Old 22nd April 2023, 12:16   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes in Blr this top spec Alpha AT will work out to 18 lacs on road. The Alpha MT will hit 17 ish. At these prices the automatic comparison will be to the Thar and so on.

Me, I think the dynamics and behaviour of the MT Jimny will be better than the AT on highways but the AT will be better in city and for the novice off roader.

I am, like you, deeply confused so I cant answer your question or even suggest that you should let go of your Pajero which is streets above anything in India right now. Your Pajero is a Fortuner or even Land Cruiser rival.

I cannot make up my mind whether to let go of my 26 month old Thar AT Petrol and buy the Jimny. Or whether to let go of my beloved 9 year old Gypsy and buy the Jimny.

As you say all this anxiety is worthless until the actual prices are revealed and until one is able to test drive the MT and AT variants. Also a good idea to wait for the Thar 5 door and see how that is.
These may not be the final prices but just in case - I'd rather take my money elsewhere
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:11   #1290
BHPian

If the invoice is genuine then its going to put many people in a dilemma. I was hoping for 13.5-14L max for the top model automatic. 16+ L on road puts in dangerously close to the Thar.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks