Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 20:29   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

At this price, I'll be 11K richer shortly.
gsferrari is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 20:42   #1262
BHPian

So these prices are a reality now

Zeta manual : 11.49
Zeta Auto : 12.69
Alpha manual : 12.99
Alpha Auto : 14.20
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 20:46   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Is there a penalty for cancellation?
Old 21st April 2023, 20:46   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post

Do you have any alternate “authentic” source? Or are you also extrapolating from that YouTube video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Is there a penalty for cancellation?
Sales chap at Nexa told me they will deduct Rs 500/- if you cancel.

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2023 at 16:08. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 21st April 2023, 20:55   #1265
BHPian

Going by the video, the variant I booked (Alpha MT) should be 12.xx Ex showroom and ~14L OTR. Definitely not optimal, but compelling anyway. MSIL is going for the money and Mahindra will cash out on all Jimny AT buyers. For a gentry that expects a certain snob value and road presence, a smaller car at that price will be Kizashi 2.0
ubermensch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 21:52   #1266
BHPian

Maruti may be hoping to emulate Skoda's halo effect, wherein Skoda came in stronger than Volkswagen in India market.

Will Jimny become Maruti's halo product - it's Fortuner?
RoadFiend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 21:54   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post

I noticed in the video also the guy mentioning 1.5 lakh difference between manual and auto. I feel the difference will be about 80k between the manual and auto in Jimny. Primarily because the gearbox in this is the 4AT i.e. cheaper.
Old 21st April 2023, 22:50   #1268
BHPian

Visited Competent Motors Gurugram on 17th March to see Jimny being displayed. Took pic of VIN plate which mentioned 129751 (last 6 nos). (See screenshot from my phone)
After couple of days I visited TR Sawhney, Sector 29, Gurugram to show Jimny to my family. Here I found Jimny having same VIN which was at Competent Motors. Next I visited Magic Motors, Dwarka, New Delhi with my friend. Again I found the same Jimny.
Now if you see pic of invoice shown in video, same VIN is mentioned. So my concern is that if the same display vehicle is moving from one dealership to another then how can it be billed to a particular dealer. Moreover pic of of invoice, if raised by MSIL, appears to be incomplete. So how authentic is this document or it is just a notional assessable value ?
However I wish the price bracket mentioned in video turns out to be true as Alpha AT price could be even more.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-img_5624.jpeg  

Rahul Lal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 22:58   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Do you have any alternate “authentic” source? Or are you also extrapolating from that YouTube video?
No pricing details on website either. Both for this and Fronx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
+1, but 25k.
Old 22nd April 2023, 00:16   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
The Zeta manual pricing was discussed in most of youtube videos and nexa showrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
I noticed in the video also the guy mentioning 1.5 lakh difference between manual and auto. I feel the difference will be about 80k between the manual and auto in Jimny. Primarily because the gearbox in this is the 4AT i.e. cheaper.
1.2 lks was price charged by maruti Suzuki for 4AT in a similar engine used in ciaz , so this will be very accurate.
Vulken Auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 06:11   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Visited Competent Motors Gurugram on 17th March to see Jimny being displayed. ...
Your point makes this document more authentic. It makes sense that Maruti invoices this same Jimny to each dealer, which is as per law and also clears Maruti with any losses/liabilities. There is a concept of Returnable Goods Invoice which is issued in such cases. Maruti will declare a credit note in GSTR-1.
Now I believe this to be a genuine invoice as the Alpha AT is being circulated.
purohitanuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 06:49   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Your point makes this document more authentic. It makes sense that Maruti invoices this same Jimny to each dealer, which is as per law and also clears Maruti with any losses/liabilities. There is a concept of Returnable Goods Invoice which is issued in such cases. Maruti will declare a credit note in GSTR-1.
Now I believe this to be a genuine invoice as the Alpha AT is being circulated.
Can it possibly be a ‘dummy invoice’ with a ‘notional pricing’? Used as per law to transfer the vehicle from showroom to showroom until they release the actual pricing?
Is there such a concept?

The reason I ask, is that while the Jimny is very nice and desirable and functional and all that, this kind of pricing, if real, will translate into a very high price when it gets on the road and that fact will simply exclude a very significant chunk of consumers. And MSIL has never done such a thing wantonly. If anything they have always been inclusive rather than exclusive. If anyone understands the pulse of this market of markets, it is they.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 08:33   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Can it possibly be a ‘dummy invoice’ with a ‘notional pricing’? Used as per law to transfer the vehicle from showroom to showroom until they release the actual pricing?
Is there such a concept?

The reason I ask,is that while the Jimny is very nice and desirable and functional and all that, this kind of pricing, if real, will translate into a very high price when it gets on the road and that fact will simply exclude a very significant chunk of consumers. And MSIL has never done such a thing wantonly. If anything they have always been inclusive rather than exclusive. If anyone understands the pulse of this market of markets, it is they.
Could be but unlikely as these firms follow standards like CMMI level. Only way it could be different would be terming this a “pre production” unit making it expensive to manufacture. A clear copy is also attached for everyone’s reference.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-7bfb9ab547df433d9ebbfd8e2e262f52.jpeg
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 08:41   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
And MSIL has never done such a thing wantonly. If anything they have always been inclusive rather than exclusive. If anyone understands the pulse of this market of markets, it is they.
Zeta MT, if it comes at 9.99 ex showroom, is still a good deal. More so, considering that this doesn’t get sub 4 meter discount.

On a different note, talking about MT, for the arguement that it gets into RWD Thar territory, the 1690 kg Thar with a 1.5 engine, longer clutch and legs in an awkward position with having to lift the feet completely at every clutch operation, it is a tough choice. Not to mention the added assurance of All Grip Pro in case of Jimny.
IB290 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 09:17   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Permutations and combinations of stacking luggage (with one 28” and other 20” bag) in the Jimnyr
Thanks for sharing. It’s exactly as I expected - that is a fantastic amount of luggage space! Similar to the old Wagon R’s highly usable boot and perhaps more even. The shape of the boot contributes a lot to how much it can take and this offers boxy vertical storage which is ideal. Looking at that, with a little strategic stacking, you can really load it up.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd April 2023 at 17:11. Reason: Trimmed quote
RT13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks