Team-BHP - Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/261279-maruti-jimny-4-door-auto-expo-2023-a-45.html)

I think Suzuki is doing the launch wrong. A grand reveal with so much interest followed by such a long period of mum. No price reveals, no Public displays, no Test drives, No media drives. The hype can only be sustained without fodder for so long before it leads to skepticism and even cynicism.

Me and my dad are personally excited for the launch. Just one mention to my dad that the Jimny is actually a refined Gypsy and he is considering replacing our Redi Go with it- Thanks to over 30 Years of traveling in the Gypsy during his time in the Army. We have never driven off-Road, And I don't think we ever will. Even then the pull of the Jimny is real. Suzuki should consider a RWD variant like Mahindra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 (Post 5495784)
. A grand reveal with so much interest followed by such a long period of mum. No price reveals, no Public displays, no Test drives, No media drives. The hype can only be sustained without fodder for so long before it leads to skepticism and even cynicism.

I am slowly losing my Interest and confidence in Jimny. So many discussions on whether it's smaller than alto, bigger than Ignis, shorter than Baleno, mightier than G wagon and what not. All my enthusiasm is getting bogged into practicality plus need and my will to convince my family for another car.

Booked the car on 15th jan with a tentative delivery date of 26th May as per my booking slip. But, the silence at Maruti's end is pushing me to think that am I making the right decision. I already have a Fortuner 2021, Safari Storme and a Verna, do I need more:unhappy. Tough times!

Thanks,
Slushmaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 (Post 5495784)
I Just one mention to my dad that the Jimny is actually a refined Gypsy and he is considering replacing our Redi Go with it- Thanks to over 30 Years of traveling in the Gypsy during his time in the Army.

Do show your father these pictures!
He may get all nostalgic.

This piece aside now.

You are right about their lack of launch marketing abilities. They should by now have at-least done a road show and had one single display vehicle across at-least the bigger cities of India. Or else they should have revealed the pricing only in March, swiftly following up with full Displays across dealerships, popular malls, Test Drives, Road shows and deliveries.

But then, they are Maruti Suzuki India Limited. And they march to the beat of an old decrepit sarkari drum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slushmaster (Post 5495817)
I already have a Fortuner 2021, Safari Storme and a Verna, do I need more:unhappy. Tough times!

Thanks,
Slushmaster

I don't think you need more:p
I am having the similar thoughts now. Not that I anticipated any early delivery, but I don't see any reason to spend money on any car now. I think I shall postpone my decision for future when I need to replace my car. But then I like Jimny a lot and, almost like a child, I want it as soon as possible. Hope to make up my mind after test drive/price reveal.

I had booked a Jimny on 18th January at NEXA, Dehradun. Called them and was informed that each dealer will get 6 Jimny's - likely to arrive end March - early April. The sales team have been trained in the office about the car but will get hands-on training only after the Jimny arrives at the dealership. They said that the Fronx will come earlier than the Jimny.

I guess the delay may be due to the fact that the mechanics at the dealer end have to be trained in servicing a proper off roader 4X4 (differentials etc) for the first time among the many firsts for such a type of vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murlidar (Post 5495941)
I guess the delay may be due to the fact that the mechanics at the dealer end have to be trained in servicing a proper off roader 4X4 (differentials etc) for the first time among the many firsts for such a type of vehicle.

I doubt this. Its pretty straight forward, even simpler than the "4x2" FWD cars.
Omni, Eeco, Carry etcs all have rear diffs with ladder frame chassis. The front ones in Jimny would be same as well and transfer case does not require any service. I see Jimny as much easier to service and maintain than other soft roader say a Baleno.

Ladder frame chassis generally have components spread wide across, thus the service guys dont need to put tools into really tight spaces like a FWD where the Engine, Transmission and Transaxle with diff is tightly packed horizontally due to the width space (of the lack of it) of the vehicle. Ladder frame layout also inherently spreads the heat generated by any of these components effectively and localized to specific area.

I have booked the Kinetic yellow color. Need to change it to Black. Will this affect the delivery schedule

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmountain (Post 5496036)
I have booked the Kinetic yellow color. Need to change it to Black. Will this affect the delivery schedule

Shouldn’t. But anymore than one change and that will push you back to the queue is what I heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKI4WrZ_VY
2019 Suzuki Jimny Media Drive Event (Italy)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dileep (Post 5495854)
I had booked a Jimny on 18th January at NEXA, Dehradun. Called them and was informed that each dealer will get 6 Jimny's - likely to arrive end March - early April. The sales team have been trained in the office about the car but will get hands-on training only after the Jimny arrives at the dealership. They said that the Fronx will come earlier than the Jimny.

Bingo answer from a trusted source at the dealer side in Himachal. Although he said 5 Jimny to each dealer upfront.

Quote:

Wait, Jimny has a black color option? Only I can see is dark grey close to black.

Quote:

What I've heard is that people who've booked before price reveal are given one final chance to change colour/variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Fan (Post 5496307)
Wait, Jimny has a black color option? Only I can see is dark grey close to black.

The "Bluish Black" as they call it is actually black colour with blue metallic shiny particles. Not sure if the vehicle with this colour looks black or looks dark blue.

Maruti Suzuki Jimny, Fronx cross ~ 25,000 bookings: Price reveal soon

- Jimny garners 17,000 bookings while the Fronx manages 8500

- Fronx will be launched in coming days, while the Jimny will be a bit later

- Expect to see the Jimny on road by mid- end April.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 5496380)
Maruti Suzuki Jimny, Fronx cross ~ 25,000 bookings: Price reveal soon

- Jimny garners 17,000 bookings while the Fronx manages 8500

- Fronx will be launched in coming days, while the Jimny will be a bit later

- Expect to see the Jimny on road by mid- end April.

Link

Read a report yesterday that Jimny was getting 700 bookings a day. Link

Drive on,
Shibu