Team-BHP - Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/261279-maruti-jimny-4-door-auto-expo-2023-a-39.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emvi (Post 5490789)
The dimension table / comparison is discrepant.

JIMNY 5-Door

Length x Width x Height (mm) - 3985 x 1645 x 1720
Wheelbase- 2590mm

Source- Jimny official website

IGNIS

Length x Width x Height (mm) - 3700 x 1690 x 2435
Wheelbase- 2435mm

Source- Ignis official website

Leave the accessories and outside wheels:D .
I'm giving a approximate road presence view in my third picture streched by 300 mm. Ignis height 2435?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emvi (Post 5490789)
The dimension table / comparison is discrepant.
IGNIS

Length x Width x Height (mm) - 3700 x 1690 x 2435
Wheelbase- 2435mm

Source- Ignis official website

Height of Ignis can No way be 2435mm, that is 7ft 11 inches. 2435 mm is the wheelbase. 1595 mm is the height.

Also I checked the official website, the height is given correctly there. Below is the screenshot

I was wondering if there is a change and reduction of front seating space in 5 door Jimny vs 3 door Jimny to accommodate the second row. since the actual increase in internal dimension/space (excluding spare tyre on rear door etc) seems to be not more than one feet. Are the front door dimensions of 5 door same as in 3 door Jimny?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarmacnaut (Post 5490810)
Height of Ignis can No way be 2435mm, that is 7ft 11 inches. 2435 mm is the wheelbase. 1595 mm is the height.

Also I checked the official website, the height is given correctly there. Below is the screenshot

Apologies. The numbers got mixed up. Thanks for pointing it out. I will request the mods to correct accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murlidar (Post 5490831)
Are the front door dimensions of 5 door same as in 3 door Jimny?

Front door dimensions of 3 door version have been retained same for the 5 door version.

Second row is now more livable due to the streched wheelbase. Two persons with good height and large body frame can occupy the second row like a WagonR. But second row is strictly for 2 persons. Jimny 5 door version for India is a declared 4 seater SUV, hence only 4 seat belts (with 3 point fastening) are provided. There is absolutely no provision to accomodate a 3rd passenger in the second row of the 5 door Jimny for Indian market.

Attaching a photograph here from the Jimny 5 door official brochure.

Since it is a declared 4 seater SUV, probably the RC card will have this 4 seater information, and any 5th passenger inside would attract penalty and traffic challans as per the central and state motor vehicle acts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RijuC (Post 5490979)
Since it is a declared 4 seater SUV, probably the RC card will have this 4 seater information, and any 5th passenger inside would attract penalty and traffic challans as per the central and state motor vehicle acts.

The 5th person can at the most only be an infant on the lap. No one else would fit in. The rear seat is narrow and just enough for 2.

By the way, I heard that the price announcement is going to happen on Sunday 12th Feb. Not sure if this is authentic, but heard it from someone who claimed to have a "relative" working for MSIL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadnabrina (Post 5490998)
The 5th person can at the most only be an infant on the lap.

Off-topic:

This accident happened with my wife's team member "Rinku". The 6 months old baby girl died on the spot.

It's better to use the proper isofix mount arrangements and avoid infants on lap inside the car.

Quote:

Jimny 5 door version for India is a declared 4 seater SUV, hence only 4 seat belts (with 3 point fastening) are provided. There is absolutely no provision to accomodate a 3rd passenger in the second row of the 5 door Jimny for Indian market.

Attaching a photograph here from the Jimny 5 door official brochure.

4 Seater capacity will be Danger, atleast for me as though even Alto seats 4, but the 5 seater tag helps when an additional person is needed. What's the point in LWD giving additional boot but not seating capacity atleast on paper.

Quote:

Jimny 5 door version for India is a declared 4 seater SUV

Sadly, Wagon-R with the width of 1620mm is officially a 5 seater whereas Jimny with width of 1645mm is declared a 4 seater.

And the test-mule of 5 door Thar was also spotted as a 4 seater. Hope at-least Thar 5 door comes in production as a 5 seater.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider (Post 5491048)
Sadly, Wagon-R with the width of 1620mm is officially a 5 seater whereas Jimny with width of 1645mm is declared a 4 seater.

Someone mentioned earlier that the 1645 mm width of 5 door Jimny includes the wheel arch cladding. Actual body width is much less (about 100 mm less?).

Quote:

And the test-mule of 5 door Thar was also spotted as a 4 seater. Hope at-least Thar 5 door comes in production as a 5 seater.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RijuC (Post 5491061)
Someone mentioned earlier that the 1645 mm width of 5 door Jimny includes the wheel arch cladding. Actual body width is much less (about 100 mm less?).

Body width is 1475mm, as seen in the JDM kei car model. The Sierra/ global model has wider wheel tracks, flared wheel arches and bigger bumpers. So the plastic bits makes it 175mm wider, while the actual body is as wide as the Alto sold in the 2000s.

The Jimny will have a calming effect - eat less, be regular with your yoga and exercise, don’t bully others on the road.

Why are the latest Jimny booking numbers not published? There have been talks that Maruti Suzuki is going to restrict monthly manufacturing to 1k/1.5k units for the Indian market; how true is that? Is the interest of novelty buyers fizzling out? A long delayed launch period will seriously dent customers' interest unless Maruti Suzuki keeps people intrigued with test vehicles till then.

I mean enthusiasts wanted 3 door Jimny but Maruti Suzuki instead offered us a 5-door. What if they later decide to somehow launch the 3-door too in the Indian market & disappoint the 3-door fans for having bought the 5-door in a hurry? I see that this particular thread is also going somewhat cold :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnftech (Post 5491723)
Why are the latest Jimny booking numbers not published?

They will probably be published when it hits the next milestone like 20K.

Quote:

There have been talks that Maruti Suzuki is going to restrict monthly manufacturing to 1k/1.5k units for the Indian market;

Has the 5 door version been launched anywhere else? If not, then they should focus on the India market for the first few months to reduce the backlog.

Quote:

I see that this particular thread is also going somewhat cold :-)

All such threads are kept alive by masala gossip like this one. So we all just need that next sprinkling of masala.:)

Quote:

Lot of misinformation from Suzuki side. The actual width (body panel) of Jimny is 1,475 mm translating into 1300mm interior width. Please see "kei" version of Jimny which is the same body but without the plastic fenders.
With the plastic fenders, the width is 1645mm, which does not translate into interior space.

See details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki...neration_(2018)

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-keiversion.jpg
Jimny is very very narrow car. No two ways about it.

Interior width mentioned as 1300mm. It is not the seat width, but the interiors keeping wheel wells on both side into account. Note the line with the arrows.
Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-sss.jpg