Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:00   #1576
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Please see this interview, I am scared now. Shashank Srivastava - Senior Executive Officer at Maruti Suzuki India Ltd clearly says this is going to be premium product. I hope the Alpha AT does not go beyond 15L on road.
Alpha AT will definitely be close to 16. This is the second interview I've seen him say that this is a "premium product". In some other interviews he's also mentioned that how "all" can enjoy this product and not just the off-road community. BUT, he always then comes back to using the word "premium".

In another review recently posted on this page, I heard a reviewer say that how cool is to get head lamp washers in a sub 20L car. He certainly knows something we don't.
sammysossa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:24   #1577
BHPian

The FronX thread is silent for last 5 days. And it was launched just 1 month ago.

Does this give any indication how an unreasonably high priced product is received in a price sensitive market?
RijuC is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:25   #1578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post

@Mahindra, if you are reading, please soft launch 5 door Thar and probably save many of us

It would be interesting to see how the largest car company is going to tackle this challenge.

Cheap does not sell anymore, customer should see value in what they pay for and they will pay even more than a Thar - If Maruti can convince them of the value in the vehicle.

The Thar buying demographic is not someone who has only enough money to purchase a Thar, they sure have plenty more money and other vehicles in the garage too but they simply wanted a Thar. So there is a market for something even more expensive - IF - it can make them sign the cheque.
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:51   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
It would be interesting to see how the largest car company is going to tackle this challenge.

Cheap does not sell anymore, customer should see value in what they pay for and they will pay even more than a Thar - If Maruti can convince them of the value in the vehicle.

The Thar buying demographic is not someone who has only enough money to purchase a Thar, they sure have plenty more money and other vehicles in the garage too but they simply wanted a Thar. So there is a market for something even more expensive - IF - it can make them sign the cheque.
I feel the differentiation factor of a small footprint, 5 doors, decent boot space, priced probably cheaper than the Thar, a legacy of high mod potential will swing it in their favour.
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:55   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I personally wouldn't touch it if it is beyond 12-13 L On the road for top end AT.
This is far far from what MSIL is likely to price the Jimny. The SA here in NEXA Chennai is expecting it to be pricier than the Fronx Alpha AT which itself costs 16.2L on the road. He says that I should expect Jimny Alpha AT in the region of 17L-17.5L OTR.

At this price point, the car is indeed a niche lifestyle choice that many looking for a practical family car would skip for more rational options.
clementj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:07   #1581
MK3
BHPian

I suspect that MSIL will launch Jimny at higher price and study how the demand is. And at a later stage, MSIL may plan a cheaper variant to improve sales numbers if the demand is weeker than their expectation. But I hope that I am wrong as I await the launch.
MK3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:18   #1582
BHPian

Any further news on jungle green color.
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:22   #1583
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I personally wouldn't touch it if it is beyond 12-13 L On the road for top end AT. Unless they plan to provide some super souped up turbo charged version that will make it go beyond 100 kmph easily.
Judging by the way they priced Fronx, I think even ex-showroom prices will be higher than that. The way they have been calling it premium everywhere, the way they were dragging their feet on its launch here, as though Indians don't deserve this, and the way they have been taking just one display car around multiple cities on rotation basis, I feel they are preparing us for sticker shock.
pgsagar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:32   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got a call from Nexa asking me to share my aadhaar and pan card details for my booking done online. Is this normal? He claims he needs it for entering into Maruti DMS.
I believe it is standard practice by Maruti Dealers. Same was done when my sister booked her Brezza few months back. It was at the dealership and they insisted on a self-attested copy of both.
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:53   #1585
BHPian

Another raw video from the media drive !

VivekWalia1986 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:53   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekWalia1986 View Post
How childish is this from the marketing head to tell that he doesn't know what customers are expecting on the price front !
The man actually spoke what I was thinking and have been writing in this thread. This is not a pseudo SUV or raised Hatch like the Sonets, Brezzas and Nexons. This is a true blue off roader, a niche product. Does the average Joe on the road understand that? I don't think so looking at our thread itself. If one expects this to be a comfortable to drive car with rugged looks, then that is a wrong thought. I have driven the Jimny extensively in Japan across many terrains. It is strictly niche over here as well.

So, Mr Marketing guy actually is saying that he does not know how the would be customers would be approaching this vehicle - As a souped up Hatch or as an offroader like the international audience does? If it's the later, then Suzuki can charge fully for what it offers. If not, then this is a dud by Suzuki standards in India. I believe it will settle down at 3000-4000 per month sales levels post launch.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:56   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
This is far far from what MSIL is likely to price the Jimny. The SA here in NEXA Chennai is expecting it to be pricier He says that I should expect Jimny Alpha AT in the region of 17L-17.5L OTR.
In hyderabad SA says top variant to touch 18 lks.When lauched innova crysta base diesel variant costed the same

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 23rd May 2023 at 17:00.
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:09   #1588
BHPian

6 June : Honda Elevate launches and then on 7 June: Jimny launches.
These 2 days are going to be busy for me over T-Bhp for content consumption. After canceling my plans and bookings for the Hyryder and the GV, my new choices are between the Elevate and the Jimny. I know I will be abusing the Jimny by not using it for it's "purpose" and tame it to make it a 'City Rider' but 'my car- my rules'.
The wife will be using this so it all depends on how she likes the innards of both the vehicles.
From my side one question though, the Jimny AT is a TC and not the AMT, right? I have been a Honda / Toyota CVT user for the last 10 years and TC is the only compromise I can make in lieu of a CVT.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:13   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The man actually spoke what I was thinking and have been writing in this thread. This is not a pseudo SUV or raised Hatch like the Sonets, Brezzas and Nexons. This is a true blue off roader, a niche product. Does the average Joe on the road understand that? I don't think so looking at our thread itself. If one expects this to be a comfortable to drive car with rugged looks, then that is a wrong thought. I have driven the Jimny extensively in Japan across many terrains. It is strictly niche over here as well.

So, Mr Marketing guy actually is saying that he does not know how the would be customers would be approaching this vehicle - As a souped up Hatch or as an offroader like the international audience does? If it's the later, then Suzuki can charge fully for what it offers. If not, then this is a dud by Suzuki standards in India. I believe it will settle down at 3000-4000 per month sales levels post launch.
Actually, what I meant was that every brand does a market survey and try to gauge the pulse of the consumers i.e. what are they expecting on the price front, which is done thru multiple marketing channels and henceforth !
So, what is the use of not pricing the product right and under-achieve the sales numbers ? Jimny if priced right has the potential to grab a lot of sales from the pseudo SUVs segment!
International customers are buying Jimny in good numbers as it is the cheapest option available for them to have a reliable 4*4 vehicle ! Rest of the 4*4 SUVs are available at higher price point when compared to Jimny's price there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
6 June : Honda Elevate launches and then on 7 June: Jimny launches.
These 2 days are going to be busy for me over T-Bhp for content consumption. After canceling my plans and bookings for the Hyryder and the GV, my new choices are between the Elevate and the Jimny. I know I will be abusing the Jimny by not using it for it's "purpose" and tame it to make it a 'City Rider' but 'my car- my rules'.
The wife will be using this so it all depends on how she likes the innards of both the vehicles.
From my side one question though, the Jimny AT is a TC and not the AMT, right? I have been a Honda / Toyota CVT user for the last 10 years and TC is the only compromise I can make in lieu of a CVT.
Yes, Jimny is TC but a 4 speed one (from 1980's) ! I am also waiting for its drive review which coming on 26th-May !

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th May 2023 at 13:41. Reason: back to back posts merged
VivekWalia1986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:25   #1590
Distinguished - BHPian

More pictures from the media drive - Link

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230523_171748.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230523_171750.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230523_171802.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230523_171804.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230523_171806.jpg

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-20230523_171808.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd May 2023 at 17:27.
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks