Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:29   #1546
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Finally the most coveted date has been announced.

Maruti Suzuki Jimmy launching on 7th June.

Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd May 2023 at 14:34.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:48   #1547
BHPian

Price and Launch on 7th June.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-june-7-428242
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:16   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Jimny does not get rear seat passenger weight detector but defaults to 90 seconds beeping chime to buckle up for the rear passenger. This is annoying!
Consider 2 in the front with seat belts on, and still have to listen to 90 second chime.

What was Maruti thinking?
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=LKwdmhTh25s
Mr. Shashank says in this video that the rear seat belt reminder sound would be removed later if the rear passengers makes a habit of wearing the seat belts. So they may update the software at later stages during the service period.

Also I liked the many abbreviations of JIMNY that Mr. Ramesh Somani gave in the end. My favourite is Just Invented for Mud Nature and You
bobbyblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:22   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
Mr. Shashank says in this video that the rear seat belt reminder sound would be removed later if the rear passengers makes a habit of wearing the seat belts. So they may update the software at later stages during the service period.

Also I liked the many abbreviations of JIMNY that Mr. Ramesh Somani gave in the end. My favourite is Just Invented for Mud Nature and You
Yes, but he said *may be*. I guess they are aware that this is going to be a nuisance and many would request Maruti to remove this chime; and he is preparing ground for that.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:31   #1550
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
They sell you aspirations and dreams and customers bait them up and many of these Jimny's and Thars will end up doing tar/ tarmac duty for their lives. But I'm sure some will take them into the jungles, mountains and streams, irrespective of whether they live near the Himalayas or not. The AT Jimny with 4WD is something that Maruti will probably launch next year to liven up the line-up and will be interesting.
I agree. Men are suckers for cars and car manufacturers lure men to their showrooms through glitzy unrealistic ads. Like a guy driving a handsome car is thumbed down for a ride by a stunningly beautiful girl waiting by the roadside. Really? In reality, this never happened to me or any of the people I know. And what a beautiful tree-lined roads those are where there isn't another car for miles, either ahead of you or behind you.

Anyway, jokes aside, as you have rightly said, most of these Jimnys and Thars end up as mall cruisers. Now it all depends which car you want to be seen cruising in. If I have to pick one of the two, I will pick Thar for its macho butch looks, brute engine power and a 6-speed auto. But Jimny also makes sense for those on smaller budget and with tighter parking spots.

I think Maruti will focus more on top 4WD AT variant (alpha?) than MT. Just as Mahindra had focused more on delivering higher variants than lower. It's a trick every manufacturer is using these days. Higher variants equals higher profits. BTW, aren't all variants of Jimny 4WD? I don't think they have any 2WD variant, right?
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:33   #1551
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
I am pretty sure Mahindra will rush in with its 4-door Thar reveal, just to spoil Jimny's party.
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:18   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree. Men are suckers for cars and car manufacturers lure men to their showrooms through glitzy unrealistic ads. Like a guy driving a handsome car is thumbed down for a ride by a stunningly beautiful girl waiting by the roadside. Really? In reality, this never happened to me or any of the people I know. And what a beautiful tree-lined roads those are where there isn't another car for miles, either ahead of you or behind you.

Anyway, jokes aside, as you have rightly said, most of these Jimnys and Thars end up as mall cruisers. Now it all depends which car you want to be seen cruising in. If I have to pick one of the two, I will pick Thar for its macho butch looks, brute engine power and a 6-speed auto. But Jimny also makes sense for those on smaller budget and with tighter parking spots.
I dont know what sort of thinking is this? What is a mall cruiser? Every owner drives his car to a mall parking sometimes or the other. Just because one has a offroader doesnt mean one needs to drive to chandratal each morning. Also the Jimny will cost around 18 lakhs or so, so good luck with owners trying to hardcore offroad with it and suffer expensive nicks and dents.
A good offroader is that 2 lakh second hand gypsy or a mahindra that you thrash each weekend and then repair on the cheap the next monday.
AirbusCapt is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:41   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
pre-booking amount of Rs. 25,000/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Jimny bags 30000 bookings as price reveal nears!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp52_vishy View Post
BHPians,
MSIL website "Cancellation charges (Of Rs 500) will be applicable for booking done from the date of Launch (after official price reveal) of the vehicle".

I think those booking numbers will change soon.
Just visited Nexa showroom, the Jimny booking amount is now Rs 1000/- only and 100% refund on cancellation.
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:54   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I think those booking numbers will change soon.
Just visited Nexa showroom, the Jimny booking amount is now Rs 1000/- only and 100% refund on cancellation.
NEXA Experience shows 25k is booking amount for the Jimny.

100% refund on cancellation till the time price is revealed. MSIL/ NEXA do honour that.
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:02   #1555
BHPian

I got a call from Nexa asking me to share my aadhaar and pan card details for my booking done online. Is this normal? He claims he needs it for entering into Maruti DMS.
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:23   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got a call from Nexa asking me to share my aadhaar and pan card details for my booking done online. Is this normal? He claims he needs it for entering into Maruti DMS.
Yes, i fought this battle in January when I booked and provided a masked aadhaar. I was told that Maruti needs the entire aadhaar for the booking in the system . Maruti needs to understand a thing or two about privacy. In the end i provideed it as alla and sundry anyway have it now a days.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:33   #1557
BHPian

Any idea where they are driving it in Dehradun. Looks like either Mohand riverbed or Maldevta.
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:02   #1558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
I dont know what sort of thinking is this? What is a mall cruiser? Every owner drives his car to a mall parking sometimes or the other. Just because one has a offroader doesnt mean one needs to drive to chandratal each morning. Also the Jimny will cost around 18 lakhs or so, so good luck with owners trying to hardcore offroad with it and suffer expensive nicks and dents.
A good offroader is that 2 lakh second hand gypsy or a mahindra that you thrash each weekend and then repair on the cheap the next monday.
Did you just hear the word mall cruiser or what? Don't take it out on me. Take it out on the guy who coined this word which, by the way, is mentioned all over tbhp pages time and again.

There are people for whom 18 lakhs is pocket change. Again, ask them. Not me. As to why they want to buy an 18 lakh SUV and go off-roading in it.

I don't know what was so offensive in my post that you had to write what you did.
pgsagar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:15   #1559
BHPian

I love the looks of the Jimmy. Very straight, no nonsense gets the job done kind of car. Just like Captain Slow said on the Bolivia Special of TG, "Plucky little car. Just like Finland in the war (WW2)".

My 2 cents: Is it just me, or does the Jimmy appear to make a good pick up truck model as well? Lose the rear doors, make it a flat bed. Will look butch for sure.

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:17   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
In a lighter vein.
Off Topic but still On Topic.
See this Youtube Video of a Rush from Rush which gives you quite a Rush.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd May 2023 at 18:20.
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks