BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine facelift launched at Rs 57.90 lakh-sandygordon.png

BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine facelift launched at Rs 57.90 lakh-sandy3.png

BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine facelift launched at Rs 57.90 lakh-sandy2.png

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd September 2023 at 08:12. Reason: Formatting
sandygordon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 07:01   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine facelift launched at Rs 57.90 lakh

Stunning sight and hearty congratulations to you after a long and agonising search for your perfect sports sedan!

Any discounts or freebies thrown in? Tyres are RFT or tubeless?

Do consider swapping the chrome grill to a glossy black one and painting the diffuser insert on the rear bumper to black. I feel it will improve the looks. The OEM black grill used to be ~15K from BMW; unsure of the LCI rates though.

Post a few interior pics in the run up to the detailed review.

Better educate your family about the pathetic boot space in advance .

By the way, what plans for your beloved Octavia?

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd September 2023 at 07:03.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning sight and hearty congratulations to you after a long and agonising search for your perfect sports sedan!
Any discounts or freebies thrown in? Tyres are RFT or tubeless?
Do consider swapping the chrome grill to a glossy black one and painting the diffuser insert on the rear bumper to black. I feel it will improve the looks. The OEM black grill used to be ~15K from BMW; unsure of the LCI rates though.
It was a long and agonizing search for a sporty sedan. But 3GL is no sports car by any means. It does pack in a punch and is very comfortable.

Sold the Octavia, but lost less due to current used car rates. Octavia is not an easy car to upgrade from. A true upgrade would be an m340i for performance or a E class / 530i / A6 for comfort. But somehow 3GL made sense especially as the performance is superb and comfort is adequate. Did take some time to adjust to low narrow seats without lumbar support.

This purchase process was sure a distressing one, especially in financial terms it was the worst financial decision in my life. Hope the car will bring in smiles and excitement in my emotional brain as my left brain is already in tatters thinking about opportunity cost, EMI and depreciation.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

Sold the Octavia, but lost less due to current used car rates. Octavia is not an easy car to upgrade from. A true upgrade would be an m340i for performance or a E class / 530i / A6 for comfort. But somehow 3GL made sense especially as the performance is superb and comfort is adequate.
Sorry to digress a bit, did you consider C300d as well among your options? What went against C300d? Just to provide some context, I own an Octavia L&K 2022 and I am looking for an upgrade. I m super confused in terms of my next car and, as rightly noted by many members on this forum, upgrading from Octavia is such a difficult decision. I somehow feel 320LD or C300d or C40(yet to explore this more) could be the right upgrade but I m not completely convinced yet.
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Sorry to digress a bit, did you consider C300d as well among your options? What went against C300d? Just to provide some context, I own an Octavia L&K 2022 and I am looking for an upgrade. I m super confused in terms of my next car and, as rightly noted by many members on this forum, upgrading from Octavia is such a difficult decision. I somehow feel 320LD or C300d or C40(yet to explore this more) could be the right upgrade but I m not completely convinced yet.
Considered the Merc 300d for the monstrous torque, but the ride was stiff and GC was bad. The significant plus it had over the 3GL was a better seat squab, though missing lumbar support. Interiors looked cool but were not soft touch or premium as seen on pictures. Moreover I am 6 feet tall and rear seat was not very accommodating for those occasional chauffer driven trips. Diesel was out of my radar as future of the sticky stuff on passenger cars is uncertain

I took the 3GL 330i at launch price, so the price difference was 10L plus OTR here. 3GL was a more rounded package compared to 220d/200/300d. Merc Service experience was poorer as I learnt from my colleagues with Mercedes.

Significant negatives of 3GL compared to Octavia
- Boot space, Boot space, Boot space x n
- Ground clearance
- Seat comfort and lumbar support - I am really missing those seats
- Turning Radius
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks