Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 13:47   #31
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS & Aura revealed; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
What does PL ONLY suggest?
The cruise control for the sportz model is listed as PL ONLY!
My postulate is Petrol Only, as in no cruise control for the CNG variant.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 17:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
No update on the refreshed car being E20 compliant or BS6.2 ready. It is surprising that manufacturers are keeping a studied silence when the deadline for these critical changes is looming, just a few months away.

Prospective buyers, especially those in Delhi NCR, should insist on clarity on these basic points before signing on the dotted line. This applies to all new cars over the next few months. You never know what crazy new decision the NGT takes in the name of pollution control and renders your new car unusable for days and weeks.
Given the current inventory pipeline and the timeline of the RDE norms kicking in, they should ideally be compliant with BS6.2. This will also help them justify the additional costs based on the addition of more sensors and/or other electronic components.
Old 11th January 2023, 18:40   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay8488 View Post
Whoever thought the design looks good and finalised it should be fired. Both cars look hideous now, both used to look good earlier, even Aura except for the rear end with that forced chrome strip. I have lost all my hopes for the next generation Verna in terms of looks. Wish Hyundai goes back to its Fluidic Design language.
If you observe closely, the only differences between the hatch and the sedan version is : (i) front bumper (ii) rear bumper (iii) presence/absence of boot.

If we extrapolate backwards, we can imagine :

The design team must have already finalized and signed off on the hatchback version, and moved on to next project. It must have been then, that the bright idea to also have a sedan version of the same thing, took birth and gained quick approval. However, the accountants must have stood in the way and put their foot down - since no change in wheelbase, the sedan must retain the rear door as it is. This must have put the junior team of designers (only modification needed, no?) in a fix. After many cups of coffee and sleepless nights, they would have 'designed by committee' and ended up with that grotesque looking rear boot integration (like a dog crouching for it's #2s).
Old 11th January 2023, 19:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
If you observe closely, the only differences between the hatch and the sedan version is : (i) front bumper (ii) rear bumper (iii) presence/absence of boot.
Haha.. good analysis.

I find the new Nios look decent. Could have been better but not bad. Let's see how it looks on road in dark colors.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th January 2023 at 19:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Valueseeker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:24   #35
BHPian

i10 front looks more like Santro now. Both cars look ugly IMO.
Brigadier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:37   #36
BHPian

Hyundai is going to loose share in this segment, the segment is getting competitive day by day with new launches / facelift (Tiago, Swift, Celerio, Wagon R, Magnite, C3, Kiger) and there is a wide range of offering ranging from smart Hatchback to Crossover to SUV look with multiple naturally aspirated & turbo petrol offerings.

You cannot be casual in a facelift here, this is will bite them back. Hyundai is loosing Hatchback battle, both NIOS / new i20 have not been able to achieve elite i20 / Gran i10 figures.

Hyundai needs to come-up with the refreshing line up else with Grand Vitara / Hyryder cousins and aggressive Mahindra strategy (Lower spec that and upcoming XUV 500) they will be also loose share in their most strong segment
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 22:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
Hyundai is going to loose share in this segment, the segment is getting competitive day by day with new launches / facelift (Tiago, Swift, Celerio, Wagon R, Magnite, C3, Kiger) and there is a wide range of offering ranging from smart Hatchback to Crossover to SUV look with multiple naturally aspirated & turbo petrol offerings.

You cannot be casual in a facelift here, this is will bite them back. Hyundai is loosing Hatchback battle, both NIOS / new i20 have not been able to achieve elite i20 / Gran i10 figures.

Hyundai needs to come-up with the refreshing line up else with Grand Vitara / Hyryder cousins and aggressive Mahindra strategy (Lower spec that and upcoming XUV 500) they will be also loose share in their most strong segment
I think the issue in the hatchback segment is lack of enough competition. Honda discontinued Brio and now are about to give up jazz as well. Ford is out of India and with it goes the Figo. MG and Kia were rumoured to introduce hatchbacks and now seem to have shelved the plans.

I am currently looking to buy a under 10 lacs hatchback and find there to be so few good options. Maruti, Tata and Hyundai are the only companies who have a regularly updated hatchback lineup in this price range and thus they all are getting away with complacency.

I was looking forward to the nios facelift and was sure of booking it at launch. Now even though I am a bit disappointed with the update, I am not sure I have a better alternative and may still end up buying it.
Valueseeker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 18:18   #38

Mod note: Post trimmed for readability, avoid quoting entire large post for short replies and inconveniences mobile users. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai has taken the wraps off the updated Grand i10 NIOS and Aura. Both cars receive a cosmetic update for the 2023 model year. Customers can book the cars by paying a token amount of Rs 11,000.
=====
Link to Team-BHP News
For me, this facelift is a big letdown

They have taken this segment for granted and done a mediocre job. For variants under Asta, in totality, they have reduced the MID screen size from 5.3 inch to 3.5 inch, alloy wheels are replaced with Steel Wheels (called styled. god knows what it is), Fog lamps removed and many more features.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th January 2023 at 18:25.
Old 16th January 2023, 22:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderulz View Post
Mod note: Post trimmed for readability, avoid quoting entire large post for short replies and inconveniences mobile users. Thanks.

For me, this facelift is a big letdown

They have taken this segment for granted and done a mediocre job. For variants under Asta, in totality, they have reduced the MID screen size from 5.3 inch to 3.5 inch, alloy wheels are replaced with Steel Wheels (called styled. god knows what it is), Fog lamps removed and many more features.
I think Hyundai removed fog lamps from the Venue as well. I guess it's more to do with it not really being very effective. Also the projector headlamps these days are good enough making the fog lamps redundant.

Features wise I am happy with the addition of TPMS, hill start assist. Look has been a bit of a letdown for me. It seems they have done a lazy job on the design front.

Though I am probably still gonna buy it as I need a car for my wife latest by April. I just don't see any better options in the same price range.
Old 17th January 2023, 15:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and Aura to launch on 20th January.

Link
Old 17th January 2023, 18:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valueseeker View Post
Also the projector headlamps these days are good enough making the fog lamps redundant.
I think that fog lamps also serve a purpose in assessing road conditions when driving on unpaved or damaged roads. Hence they are necessary.

When it's not for driving through an occasional fog, I use fog lamps to judge a pothole or gravel on the rural roads while driving slowly.

May be it's just me.
RavSam is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 20:47   #42
BHPian

Interesting facelift. Quite a few things going on, let me start with the Grand i10 NIOS:
The front end looks okay to me, the only problem I see is the deletion of fog lamps, a bad trend Hyundai seems to have started with the Venue facelift. The alloy wheel design of the pre-facelift version looked good IMO, they didn't need to change it. Am I the only one who feels that the new wheel design has a resemblance to the one on the Tata Tiago? (First Hyundai imitated the Tiago's taillight cluster, now they take inspiration from its wheels ) Talking about the controversial rear section - I think the problem is with the connecting strip. It definitely looks like an afterthought. One doubt - is the strip an LED bar? Happy with the feature revisions, especially 6 optional airbags, TPMS and updated instrument cluster. Not so much with the fact that the sweet 1.0 T-GDI is now axed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Straight lines around the bumper on an overall curvy design makes the car look odd. The Venue facelift looked better in that sense.
I agree. Probably that's what has divided opinions.

Over to the Aura:
HIDEOUS front end IMO. Enough said.
Funnily enough, I feel that the wheel design of the Aura should have changed. They left it untouched! Other than that, happy with the feature additions and all.

Gone are the days when Hyundai designs used to appeal to almost anyone and everyone.
Old 17th January 2023, 20:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valueseeker View Post
I think Hyundai removed fog lamps from the Venue as well.
It has more to do with the recent update in the design philosophy from Hyundai HQ, all upcoming product changes won't have Fog Lamps. They believe repositioning headlamps and having stronger DRLs nullifies the need of Fog Lamps.

So all upcoming models / facelifts from Hyundai won't have Fog Lamps.
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 21:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post

So all upcoming models / facelifts from Hyundai won't have Fog Lamps.
I think that makes sense. The projector headlights really seem enough to me. Also the design looks much neater minus the fog lamps.
Old 19th January 2023, 11:15   #45
BHPian

The Facelift cars have arrived at the dealers and I was allowed to get a look at the cars in person.

The dealer I went to had red and white color asta. The white looks great while the red looked a little odd to me. The front grill and the modified back design looked very nice to me with the white color.

Keen to see how it looks in aqua teal.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks