Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2024, 15:46   #691
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

So existing Next-Gen/Facelift Hectors won’t get iSmart 2.0?
Old 11th May 2024, 23:34   #692
GST
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST View Post
In about two months I have driven my Hector Sharp Pro petrol manual for more than 2000 kms and feel very happy with the car. Here are some positives and negatives as I have observed.

Overall, I am very happy with the car. I have always wanted to buy Chevrolet Cruze, and knowing the Chevy DNA in Hector makes me feel blissful.
I have completed close to 6000KM on my Hector. So far super-happy. I thought that the car may be under-powered due to a couple of hill drives and my struggles. I stalled the car so many times in a few of the hill drives that I became a bit nervous about this and started looking for information. Even talked to the service advisor during the 5000KM service. He said everything was fine and even test drove it on a steep incline with me. So after reading about driving manual cars on hills, I realized that I was used to driving cars that did not need gas input even on reasonably sloped hills to start and I thought it will be so for every car. But now after overcoming hill start stall in the car with the help of many youtube-tutorials and some practice, I am very convinced that Hector is powered sufficiently. Today drove from Tirupati to Tirumala hill town and didn't have any stall and drive was wonderful.

Overall I am getting an average mileage of more than 10 kmpl in a equally mixed city and highway drive.

Last edited by GST : 11th May 2024 at 23:52.
Old 12th May 2024, 19:35   #693
BHPian

New limited edition aka 100 year edition reviews are out and the new interface for touch screen is visible and seems to be very slick.
utkarshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 19:57   #694
BHPian

Yea, the new interface certainly looks slick and the home page with widgets looks very useful. Asked my ASC if this update would be available to us but no response yet. I wonder how a special edition car with a new color scheme is getting an enhanced interface and not the rest.
Old 13th May 2024, 08:14   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Yea, the new interface certainly looks slick and the home page with widgets looks very useful. Asked my ASC if this update would be available to us but no response yet. I wonder how a special edition car with a new color scheme is getting an enhanced interface and not the rest.
I think this the beginning. This will slowly be introduced in all models. Moreover this edition is not available in top spec Savy pro.
Old 13th May 2024, 11:39   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

This should definitely come to other cars also, until they have made some hardware changes, which seems highly unlikely. The Widgets will definitely help, specially the one for AC.

Green theme is also looking nice, they can give that too as an option for other cars. I just hope it does not break any functionality, finally Android auto is working as expected and I would rather have all functionality work then a new interface.
Old 13th May 2024, 11:48   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, MG seems to have forgotten about any software updates for pre-facelift owners. I wish they would send out at least full screen android auto for the older owners.
Old 13th May 2024, 12:39   #698
BHPian

Hey, that's a nice catch.

Seems to me that it's more of a new interface than an overall ground up redesign, specially looking at the very similar vehicle setting menu etc. I definitely think that it should come as an update or maybe under it's themes section.

However does anyone know what the iSmart 2.0 features are compared to what we have currently?
Old 13th May 2024, 18:14   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
Hey, that's a nice catch.

Seems to me that it's more of a new interface than an overall ground up redesign, specially looking at the very similar vehicle setting menu etc. I definitely think that it should come as an update or maybe under it's themes section.

However does anyone know what the iSmart 2.0 features are compared to what we have currently?
There you go. I don't know what they have changed but the ismart 2.0 features are attached. Existing owners may please comment what has changed.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20240513_181257_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

utkarshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 12:09   #700
BHPian

Couple of key things stand out to me from the brochure above-
- Advanced Ul with Widget customization of homescreen with multiple Homepages
- Customisable Widget Color with 7 color palette for Homepage of infotainment screen
- JIO Voice Recognition with advanced Voice commands for Weather, Cricket. Calculator, Clock, Date/Day, Horoscope, Dictionary, News & Knowledge
- Cabin Modes (Valet Mode, Quiet Mode)

These match some of the stuff we saw in the video link provided in an earlier post. Would be keen to have at least the customisable homepage with widgets, and the cabin modes as well.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 09:12   #701
BHPian

Hector new editions will continue to roll I guess. There is another test mule spotted. The article says that some mechanical changes are expected.

https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-b...-12496607.html
Old 17th May 2024, 19:43   #702
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I was in the market for a car for few months. Initially booked Creta in Feb, but it's delivery is getting delayed and delayed. So thought of buying something else. Took a test drive for hector diesel and loved the power and SUV feel. Also the interiors felt premium.
So finally booked my Hector Sharp Pro Diesel last week and stumbled upon this brilliant thread.

Any experiences you guys have with the diesel version?

Could you please help me with below queries
  1. There are few problems reported in the clutch plate and flywheel for manual version. Have anyone of you faced a similar issue?
  2. Smart Pro doesn't come with the inifinity music system. Did anyone experience the smart pro music system? Brochure says that it has 8 speakers + amp + woofer.
  3. What are your thoughts about extended warranty. I am planning to go for 5 years unlimited warranty for which the cost is around 34K
  4. Any accessories which are must buy?

Would love to get your opinion.

Cheers!
rohitsharma359 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 23:49   #703
BHPian

Edit:

Fixing a typo

So finally booked my Hector Sharp Pro Smart Pro Diesel last week
rohitsharma359 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 00:03   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post
  1. There are few problems reported in the clutch plate and flywheel for manual version. Have anyone of you faced a similar issue?
  2. Smart Pro doesn't come with the inifinity music system. Did anyone experience the smart pro music system? Brochure says that it has 8 speakers + amp + woofer.
  3. What are your thoughts about extended warranty. I am planning to go for 5 years unlimited warranty for which the cost is around 34K
  4. Any accessories which are must buy?

Would love to get your opinion.

Cheers!
Hi Rohit, I own 2021 Hector diesel Sharp, refer my ownership thread, it covers clutch plate and dual mass flywheel and 5 year AMC along with other topic.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...or-diesel.html (Long Distance Cruiser - My MG Hector Diesel)

DM me if needed, glad to help.
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 20:55   #705
BHPian

Does anyone know how to remotely start hector engine using the key buttons? I have done this earlier, but don't remember the key button press sequence anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks