Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 09:08   #631
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Hi everyone.
Took delivery of my Hector Plus Smart Pro CVT 3 days ago but it's currently under wraps at home since I'm not comfortable driving it without the permanent plates.

I am exploring the options of MG Shield and Extended warranty, both are available in 3 and 5 year options.
Any thoughts and feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20231226wa0009.jpg  

shadow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 11:16   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Looking for advice. I am planning to install a dash cam on my Hector Plus, however since the 12v socket is under the armrest, I am not inclined towards using it as it will look untidy coming in there. Have any of you installed a dashcam and hardwired it? Any impact on warranty, etc for doing so?
I have installed the 70mai dashcam and the wiring is done via the A-pillar to glove box and to the USB connector in the passenger side. No need to use the 12V socket inside the arm rest. This looks good with no exposed wiring unless you peep into the right side of the passenger well.
Sedate driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:48   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate driver View Post
I have installed the 70mai dashcam and the wiring is done via the A-pillar to glove box and to the USB connector in the passenger side.
Thanks, already got the dashcam connected to the OBD port via a hardwiring kit.

On another note, has anyone been facing this issue with the screen brightness resetting once the car is shut down for some time? Mine resets to max brightness once I start the car after some time and ignores the setting I had put it in. I then have to tap the brightness setting bar again and then it respects the setting.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:51   #634

Hi All,

I have Sharp variant from Feb 23. I am facing issue with the 360 camera not starting about half the time. I get the guide lines and everything but no camera feed. It works perfectly sometime and other times it just wouldn't show the camera feed. Anyone else faced anything similar?

Thanks!
Old 20th January 2024, 09:07   #635
BHPian

Quote:
On another note, has anyone been facing this issue with the screen brightness resetting once the car is shut down for some time? Mine resets to max brightness once I start the car after some time and ignores the setting I had put it in. I then have to tap the brightness setting bar again and then it respects the setting.
I am also facing same issue. System completely ignores last used brightness setting and resets back to max. If you use voice command to bring brightness back to lowest, it says is already lowest while we see screen with max brightness.
Auto-brightness setting in hector is completely useless, in night time screen still remains excessive bright.

I wonder what kind of developers & QA's MG have hired to develop this system? Too many such issues is evidence of their lackluster software quality process.
Old 20th January 2024, 09:13   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am also facing same issue. System completely ignores last used brightness setting and resets back to max.
I reported this as a complaint with MG. I’ve sent all videos asked by them as proof for this issue. They are apparently investigating this with their technical team. Haven’t heard back since 3 days now. Please report it from your side as well since without too many reports MG will not act on this.
Old 20th January 2024, 09:23   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am also facing same issue. System completely ignores last used brightness setting and resets back to max. If you use voice command to bring brightness back to lowest, it says is already lowest while we see screen with max brightness.
Auto-brightness setting in hector is completely useless, in night time screen still remains excessive bright.

I wonder what kind of developers & QA's MG have hired to develop this system? Too many such issues is evidence of their lackluster software quality process.
I have been using the night mode within android auto and the dark theme so brightness was never an issue and the maps looks better in night mode even during the day.
Old 21st January 2024, 10:02   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a new update yesterday, have not driven the car after that, but I hope that fixes the brightness and Android auto issues.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20240120_181624.jpg

Notice the spelling of minutes, who ever heads there QC department should tender a self resignation. Not sure what this update will fix and how many existing features it will break.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 10:05   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Not sure what this update will fix and how many existing features it will break.
Will wait to hear back from you or others first before pressing that update button. The MG factory technical team has asked my vehicle to be parked for 1-2 days in the nearest service centre for investigation. They say they tried to recreate this brightness issue in other vehicles and couldn’t. Would really appreciate if this update fixes the issue for me.
Old 21st January 2024, 21:38   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I got a new update yesterday, have not driven the car after that, but I hope that fixes the brightness and Android auto issues.
Any way to know what bug fixes and new features this update is bringing in?
Couldn't find anything useful on MG site or elsewhere.
Old 21st January 2024, 22:58   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
I see the user manual section now has different sections which when clicked gives details with screenshots. Earlier, it was just a QR code to scan. Didnt notice any other changes.
Ironman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 23:25   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will wait to hear back from you or others first before pressing that update button. The MG factory technical team has asked my vehicle to be parked for 1-2 days in the nearest service centre for investigation. They say they tried to recreate this brightness issue in other vehicles and couldn’t. Would really appreciate if this update fixes the issue for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
I took the car out for a spin today morning, did a factory reset and connected to Android Auto. Car was restarted 6 times, and AA worked 5/6 times, everytime wireless. Did not drive in the night so can not comment on that part for now. Android Auto seems to be muhc more stable atleast in the first impression, rest will continue to observe and post if I find anything worth mentioning.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 15:00   #643
BHPian

I’ve tried updating several times today, but it fails saying Version Detection failed due to network issues. Not sure if anyone else has seen this.
Old 22nd January 2024, 22:44   #644
BHPian

Quote:
I’ve tried updating several times today, but it fails saying Version Detection failed due to network issues. Not sure if anyone else has seen this.
If you are having network issues, connect using wifi hotspot and try updating.
Ironman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 02:10   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkassana View Post
I have Sharp variant from Feb 23. I am facing issue with the 360 camera not starting about half the time. I get the guide lines and everything but no camera feed. It works perfectly sometime and other times it just wouldn't show the camera feed. Anyone else faced anything similar?
I faced this issue a couple of times recently, wherein the camera did not get activated and was just showing the guide lines. Alternatively, a car restart fixed the issue. But will report this during my 3rd service next month.

Forgot to record the screen when it last happened. Will remember to do it the next time.
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks