Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 17:59   #556
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimmhealer View Post
I booked a Hector Plus Savy PRO at The MG Jogeshwari dealership on Sunday.

The delivery will be by the end of the month once the finances are sorted.

I was wondering if a PDI would be necessary. The stock yard is on the outskirts of the City and will need a whole day. The sales rep also told me that the PDI would be possible only after full payment. Is this true?
PDI is always a good idea before handing over your hard earned money. Refer to the team bhp PDI checklist to see which parameters should be evaluated.
Ask the dealer to bring the vehicle to the showroom if that is more convenient. I have done the same previously when I was purchasing.

Money should be handed over only post PDI if the vehicle is to your satisfaction. Inform the dealer that this is the standard industry practice.
Old 15th August 2023, 18:44   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Installed it yesterday. Facing some major issues:
1. Apple Car Play when connected gives a blank black screen
2. Android Auto not connect
3. 'Hello MG' command detect has become inconsistent
4. 'Direct Commands' are not working. Switched on and off the options multiple times. Not working.
5. Overall, the touch response has become much slower. The earlier update had resolved this issue completely

Anyone else facing the above issues?
Android auto is working fine for me. Not sure if touch response has become slower as I dont see much difference. For me, Jio saavn was crashing and usb drive songs were not loading. I did a quick factory reset post the upgrade and the jio saavn issue is now gone. However, the songs on the usb drive is not loading for me. I also tested by hitting the source button multiple times and it didnt go into recovery mode like earlier so looks like that issue was fixed in this upgrade. Direct commands are not working. I have reported this to the service manager. Hello Mg command is working fine.

Try doing a factory reset. That should fix your issues.
Ironman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 00:31   #558

Quote:
4. 'Direct Commands' are not working. Switched on and off the options multiple times. Not working.
5. Overall, the touch response has become much slower. The earlier update had resolved this issue completely

I also faced the same issue with apple car play after upgrade. Factory reset resolved it but still car play connection is still giving frequent issues.

No issues with Android auto though.

I also noticed that navigation is now showing for both Google map and map my India in MID but some time sign doesn't appear.

Yes, touch response was bit slower initially but improved after few restarts.
Old 17th August 2023, 16:57   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
Try doing a factory reset. That should fix your issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
I also faced the same issue with apple car play after upgrade. Factory reset resolved it but still car play connection is still giving frequent issues.

No issues with Android auto though.
Did factory reset twice. Android Auto works fine post that. However, when I restart the car after a few hours, Android Auto refuses to reconnect again. It only connects post the reset.

Haven't checked my Car Play yet.
Old 18th August 2023, 06:53   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Did factory reset twice. Android Auto works fine post that. However, when I restart the car after a few hours, Android Auto refuses to reconnect again. It only connects post the reset.

Haven't checked my Car Play yet.
Android auto is working fine for me. However, I did hit a scenario where I lost connection to android auto once and had to restart the infotainment system to connect back automatically. Try restarting your phone once.
Old 21st August 2023, 23:24   #561

Quote:

Facing the exact same issues with Android Auto & Car play. Unable to get Android auto working even after performing Factory reset.
Old 22nd August 2023, 02:48   #562
BHPian

Is there any chance we can see a Diesel Automatic or Strong Hybrid powertrain any time soon?
Old 26th August 2023, 15:20   #563

Taking delivery of my Hector Plus tomorrow.

Anything I should look out for? The PDI seemed okay.
thegrimmhealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 01:36   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimmhealer View Post
Taking delivery of my Hector Plus tomorrow.

Anything I should look out for? The PDI seemed okay.
Please post your review here along with the accessories you bought.
Old 28th August 2023, 20:57   #565

I am facing issues with the powered tailgate as some time it doesn't open with the button or sometimes it doesn't close. So, I have to manually open/close the tailgate. I have tried this with car in parking mode in unlock state. Has any one else faced any issues with the tailgate?

And other thing is poor wireless Android auto and carplay connectivity after the update. Is this issue sorted for anyone or do we need to wait for another update?
Old 29th August 2023, 18:56   #566
BHPian

Yeah as mentioned by other members, DO NOT UPDATE right away to the latest software update. There are many bugs with this release.

- The UI has become laggy, app opening and closing has become noticeably slower.

- Both Android Auto and CarPlay do not work. I tried resetting, factory reset etc on the Infotainment and still nothing.

- The new MG Pay app's Fastag recharge option doesn't work. I added my Fastag, It displayed the balance correctly. I then connected my UPI account and tried recharging but it always shows Transaction Failed.

Overall I would not recommend updating to the latest update if you haven't already. To those who updated already, let's wait for the next update. I hope they push an update out quick.
krsnasgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 09:08   #567
BHPian

Does Hector+ always come with Goodyear tyres, the dealer says that a few come with CEAT tyres as well. Is it true?
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:26   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Unfortunately ended up upgrading a week back, android auto stops working after sometime, you have to reset to factory settings to make it work, I have already done the reset twice on driving just 400 kms after the update. The UI definitely seems a bit laggy now, one thing it has fixed is that the volume control and songs change works even after turning off the screen. I hope they quickly release a fix.
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:57   #569

I have observed that after the first service of my hector the fuel efficiency has improved considerably but now pick up is somewhat reduced as rubber band effect can be noticed more.

But, they just do few checks in first service so there shouldn't be any impact of this service in vehicle performance.

Does anyone else observed such behaviour after the service?
Old 4th September 2023, 04:08   #570
BHPian

Maps failed to load on Android Auto, so I did a factory reset.
Now, it doesn't even connect to the internet. Had me frustrated throughout the trip.
I have the latest update. Hopefully MG will fix this fiasco soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks