Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2023, 14:53   #511

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
Is anyone seeing Jio saavn crash when you change tracks quickly for 8 to 10 times? It basically exits and I have to reopen jiosaavn. I tried this from both steering wheel and the touch buttons on the infotainment system. I was able to reproduce the issue consistently today. I hadnt seen this in the past. Not sure if something changed.
I started seeing this issue after my first service, when they resolved automatic factory resetting of infotainment system issue. Issue is observed too frequently if you are driving in a area with not so good Jio signal.

I have installed Jiosaavn in my mobile (downloaded music) and use Android auto to avoid this issue.
Nahcus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 06:31   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahcus View Post
I started seeing this issue after my first service, when they resolved automatic factory resetting of infotainment system issue. Issue is observed too frequently if you are driving in a area with not so good Jio signal.

I have installed Jiosaavn in my mobile (downloaded music) and use Android auto to avoid this issue.
From what I have observed it doesnt matter in what area I am. If I just hit change track button around 8-10 times on the jiosaavn app it crashes and I have to reopen it. I think ai just need to use android auto until they push the software update to the infotainment system.
Old 17th July 2023, 20:38   #513
BHPian

Dear owners, are there any themes that can be added to the ICE screen and/or the instrument cluster? The icons, fonts and the overall UI looks outdated IMO vis-a-vis the competition.
Old 18th July 2023, 18:57   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahcus View Post
I got my car 3 months back and it shows that I have validity till 2026. You can contact customer care by calling them using "My MG" app as well. They had addressed my issue quickly last time.
I just took the delivery of the Savvy Pro CVT on sunday and on the MG app - it shows as a Free user and asking to purchase a subscription. Spoke to CC through the MG App, but they are not aware of this.
Old 19th July 2023, 06:42   #515
BHPian

Hey guys, Its been 3 months since I took delivery of my 5 seater, Sharp CVT. Drove around 12,000kms and completed 3 periodic services as well.

Here's a list of issues I faced with the Hector and how the Dealership/Service Center resolved them. This list is not meant to showcase the negatives, rather educate others on possible niggles that could crop up with your vehicle:

1. The first issue happened after I got a system update on the Hector. After the update, the Weather, Messages apps stopped working. All I got was a "Activate Headunit first" message everytime I opened those apps.

This was fixed after the Service guys did a re-install of the infotainment software. They tried resetting and all but didnt work. They finally connected the vehicle remotely to central MG and those technicians suggested a full reinstall. One day of work in the Service Center.

2. Second issue was the My MG app not updating current values etc. Around 160Kms on the ODO, the My MG app stopped updating vehicle status. None of the remote functions worked, the ODO was frozen on 160km on the app while the real in-vehicle ODO was at 700kms +. Essentially the vehicle was not sending the updated values to the server.

This was an issue with the TBOX. (Telemetry Box?) Anyways it was fixed the SA disconnecting the Battery and restarting the vehicle. Was an instant fix once the issue was identified but it took them a while to identify why the app and vehicle was out of sync.

3. The next issue was a faulty indicator/drl that would occasionally stop working or be out of sync with the other indicator. This went unnoticed for quite a while since there was no indication or warning inside the vehicle that the indicator was faulty. I noticed this when the indicator's tick tick noise was being fast/wierd and stepped outside to see what was up. I saw the indicator being out of sync with the other one and sometimes flashed between drl and indicator.

This was due to a fault drl/indicator unit and the SA immediately ordered a new part and was replaced the very next day.

Anyways this is all that I've faced so far. Nothing disheartening or major. The service team was on point and resolved everything within a day.
krsnasgr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 15:45   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansal11 View Post
I just took the delivery of the Savvy Pro CVT on sunday and on the MG app - it shows as a Free user and asking to purchase a subscription. Spoke to CC through the MG App, but they are not aware of this.
We were offered free subscription at the time of delivery. Even SA had informed us on the same at the time of delivery and it was reflected in the App. Please contact your SA first to see if you were offered free subscription.
Nahcus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 12:10   #517
BHPian

I was not offered a FREE subscription when I took delivery of the vehicle. So I purchased the subscription through the My MG App.

Shortly after I received a message saying that MG was offering a FREE subscription to existing owners and that if I already purchased the subscription, I would be refunded soon.

A week or two later I did receive the refund for the amount I paid and received the FREE subscription.
krsnasgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 20:30   #518

What is the FE in city that mostly everyone here has been getting on the petrol automatic version ?

Iam about 1800 kms on the odo - and been getting not more than an average of 6kmpl .
Carjunky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 10:06   #519
BHPian

Well this was interesting! It's my birthday today and I just wished by my Hector. The Voice Assistant greeted me, wished me Happy Birthday and then played a full screen video with animations and a Happy Birthday song!

The greeting looks really good on the large display of the Hector. A nice touch. Kudos!

I captured a quick pic:

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230724_095548.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2023 at 08:25. Reason: Removed non-forum emojis
krsnasgr is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 10:35   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsnasgr View Post
Well this was interesting! It's my birthday �� today and I just wished by my Hector. The Voice Assistant greeted me, wished me Happy Birthday and then played a full screen video with animations and a Happy Birthday song!

The greeting looks really good on the large display of the Hector. A nice touch. Kudos!

I captured a quick pic:
Things have indeed come a long way. About 19 years ago, I received a birthday card from Hyundai saying "happy 1st birthday to the newest member of your family"- it was my Santro's birthday. Now its the other way round - cars greet their owners.
fhdowntheline is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 13:46   #521

I have got following prices for extended warranty and AMC. I am confused about which package to go for considering hassle free ownership experience but I also don't want to pay extra for a package that is not value for money.

What's your take on these packages?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230724_134141_whatsapp.jpg  

Sausum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 21:36   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
I have got following prices for extended warranty and AMC. I am confused about which package to go for considering hassle free ownership experience but I also don't want to pay extra for a package that is not value for money.

What's your take on these packages?
Sausum, choosing the package also depends on the usage of car like within city or intercity, single person driven or multiple folks drive it etc.

Mine is 2021 diesel Sharp Hector and I took Classic AMC of 5 years / 75,000 kms at the time of purchase. With this my normal paid service has zero invoice value but the biggest plus is RSA, it’s the best in Industry as I used it twice on highways at remote places and both times MG was prompt. It would have cost me a bomb and lot of hassle if I wouldn’t have had it. As you might have guessed I do a lot cross country trips.

However within a city, help is always available and towing won’t cost you a lot within city.

In terms of part failure, in last two years I didn’t face any failures except one of the horns ( of dual horn setup) had got kaput which was changed under warranty however it’s price was not high ( approximately Rs. 250/-).

Hope this helps.
FiatDiesel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 09:01   #523
BANNED

Quote:

A happy birthday to you!

And that’s really, really cool what MG did! A great touch indeed! Haha you must have been really pleasantly surprised when this happened!
Yesterdaysnews is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 09:15   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Well this was interesting! It's my birthday today

Attachment 2480190
Dear Friend,

Belated birthday wishes to you. Nowadays the only birthday wishes I get are from the banks where I have my loans

Regards
Dr ST is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 09:35   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Dear Friend,

Belated birthday wishes to you. Nowadays the only birthday wishes I get are from the banks where I have my loans

Regards
Indeed. All my banks, clothing brands and car brands wished me on time and very passionately!
krsnasgr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks