Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 08:03   #496
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahcus View Post
I have not got any notification on JioSaavn subscription. It is for 3 years and you can check subscription status in My MG app under My Subscriptions ->JioSaavn
I checked under my subscription as well and it had expired and was asking me to go pro by paying.

Not sure if the 3 years was only for jiodata. I dont remember seeing 3 years for jiosaavn under my subscription. Can you check your saavn subscription expiry under my subscriptions? I had called the SA and they had no clue as to why it expired and asked me to contact sales team and they said if we consume more than 2 GB in a month this can happen which I dont think is the issue. I then realized its been approx 6months since I purchased the car and was wondering if the jiosaavn validity period was for only 6months. I didnt want to waste more time on this and just purchased a 1 year subscription.
Old 26th June 2023, 18:42   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
I checked under my subscription as well and it had expired and was asking me to go pro by paying.

Not sure if the 3 years was only for jiodata. I dont remember seeing 3 years for jiosaavn under my subscription. Can you check your saavn subscription expiry under my subscriptions? I had called the SA and they had no clue as to why it expired and asked me to contact sales team and they said if we consume more than 2 GB in a month this can happen which I dont think is the issue. I then realized its been approx 6months since I purchased the car and was wondering if the jiosaavn validity period was for only 6months. I didnt want to waste more time on this and just purchased a 1 year subscription.
I got my car 3 months back and it shows that I have validity till 2026. You can contact customer care by calling them using "My MG" app as well. They had addressed my issue quickly last time.
Nahcus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:42   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

The auto indicator on function is an absolute disaster on ghats in the new car!! Wish there was an option to turn it off.
Old 30th June 2023, 13:44   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The auto indicator on function is an absolute disaster on ghats in the new car!! Wish there was an option to turn it off.
Twitter and social media is filled with new hector owners crying for help from MG to provide disable option, but yet there is no response from MG.

It's embarrassing when car activates indicator every few seconds and you have justify co-passengers.

dumb question: is there any connector / wire I can disconnect to switch this off permanently? This auto-turn indicator is frustrating thing!!
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 18:35   #500
BHPian

Went for my 3rd service at 10k kms. Had to get my indicator/drl replaced. The indicator was acting irregular. Would stop mid sequence, blink etc. Got it checked and SA said it'll be replaced under warranty so went for it.
krsnasgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 23:50   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
Hopefully the SA can take a look and remove/reattach the seat covers accordingly, will hopefully update once resolved.
Hi,

Were you able to solve the isofix issue? Let us know please.

Thanks
Lazy Driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:11   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Driver View Post
Hi,

Were you able to solve the isofix issue? Let us know please.

Thanks
Hey, I'm sill trying to get through the proper channels SA with the dealership and the service centre who are sending in a person to visit the vehicle and escalated with their management on the issue as they're unable to help find it either.

However @Krsnasgr has suggested that his vehicle does indeed have one, in the upper portion of the seat where there seems to be a small opening. Now this isn't visible at all in my Hector where seats are all stitched up, and I'm not sure if we have to break open the stitches to create an opening. This also wasn't visible in 3 other Hectors that were inspected by us, in any case it seems to be more of an issue of a seat covers being misaligned/without isofix point opening.

I'll update as soon as I have a resolution, funny thing is all of the other MG cars have the isofix points underneath the seat and it's extremely simple to find and connect.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 15:59   #503
BHPian

Hallelujah

Went down on this lazy rainy Sunday to the parking to try and see for myself if I can finally locate the isofix points. And with the help from another bhpian who suggested that the isofix on the Hector is inside of the seats. Rather than in the middle of the seat as found in all other MG cars.

A bit of poking and prodding I just tore, yes tore into a small portion of the bottom of the seat, as mine had stitches over the isofix opening. No wonder I missed, along with a rather helpful SA and a significantly incompetent service centre advisors who blatantly claimed Hector only had back isofix anchor and not actual points. leading to all this confusion.

Let me say, the isofix point apart from being hidden are a task to latch onto. They're buried deep inside and covered in between the foam cushioning and leather. Not at all visible enough to even take a picture off. It took me a good 30 mins or so to try and affix the child seat whilst prying open the small opening that I made. Not at all happy with the design, as it makes the absolute easy of isofix and turns it into a painful exercise, hence personally will keep the seat attached until the child reaches the max limit.

Notice the stitching. Really have to pry it open.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2943.jpg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2944.jpg

This side gave me trouble the most, had to attach one side and then the other, instead of recommended both sides at the same time.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2945.jpg

A far better designed on other MG cars -

Astor Isofix
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2891.jpg

ZS EV Isofix
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2892.jpg
Lord-Lannister is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 05:15   #504
BHPian

This is exactly why I posted the reply as soon as I saw the article. The Hectors do have the ISOFIX. Its hard to show it in a photo or video but its there.

I faced the same issue when I went to buy a car seat for my child. I was also shocked to not find it, contacted the showroom and they were clueless. They just outright say "it should be there" instead of telling the proper location. The team clearly doesnt know that the location of the ISOFIX has been changed in the new hector.

Thats when I checked online and saw that this design choice is present in other cars/brands as well. The ISOFIX anchor hidden inside the seat is certainly not a common design choice, but it is there in other brands. This is also the reason why ISOFIX car seats come with those long retractable legs, always wondered why, its there to insert it into the seat.

MG should train their staff better on the changes they make to vehicles, especially safety aspects.

If the original article remained online, that would have been false-press and this forum could have faced heat for outright saying that MG removed the ISOFIX anchors as a part of cost cutting. Deleting that article was the right move. Once again, the purpose of this forum shines when we all come together to solve such mysteries where even the showrooms fail.
krsnasgr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:03   #505

How is MG hector petrol automatic engine capabilities and overall driving dynamics as compared to Alcazar new petrol turbo and ? Also, is there much difference between the mileage of both these cars?
Old 10th July 2023, 15:44   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
How is MG hector petrol automatic engine capabilities and overall driving dynamics as compared to Alcazar new petrol turbo and ? Also, is there much difference between the mileage of both these cars?
I can try to answer this because I've considered both strongly as my next car:

Alcazar: The new 1.5 turbo petrol engine is definitely more fun to drive than the erstwhile 2.0 L NA engine. It's more tractable and has better kick down acceleration. However, a 0-100 acceleration run shown by Autocar hasn't shown much of a difference. Mileage is better than the Hector Petrol CVT in both city and highway by 2-3 kmpl.

Hector: The Hector's 1.5 turbo petrol engine puts out similar figures to the Alcazar, but accelerates a bit slowly considering it's heavier weight vis-a-vis the Alcazar. That said, it doesn't feel lethargic in the city, and picks up speed reasonably well. It's a very drivable car and doesn't keep you wanting more in the city. On the highway (I haven't driven it there), the overall customer feedback is that it does require a bit of a push for you to get some momentum out of it. Also, mileage, as stated above is lower than the Alcazar.

In summary, if you want that extra burst of power and mileage, the Alcazar is for you. The Hector petrol is for sedate drivers who enjoy linear power delivery. However, please don't confuse it as being underpowered.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 17:06   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
While I have not driven the Alcazar, I drove my Hector for a 700 Km long drive couple of weeks back which included Ghat sections. Not for a minute I felt the car was underpowered or was struggling anywhere. It performed really well and I always had power when I needed, it gets to 120 also pretty quickly, I did not push the car too much but did try a straight line high speed run, and the speed it touched will probably be the speed I will hardly touch with my family in the car. I did not switch to sports mode even once during the entire drive, as I felt no need for the same.

It did have a bit of more body roll on the ghats as expected but then my comparison comes from Vento. It returned a mileage of around 10.5Kmpl for the overall journey which was a mix of City, Highway and Ghats driving. All in all i am pretty happy with how the car behaved and I was not tired at all even after driving it for almost 7 hours one way.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_5013.jpeg

On the whole I am pretty satisfied by my Purchase of the car and I will Pen an Ownership thread shortly as I have almost covered 2000 Kms on the car now and have quite a bit of observations which I would like to share.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_4969.jpeg

Last edited by AtheK : 10th July 2023 at 17:12.
AtheK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 22:28   #508
BHPian

Is anyone seeing Jio saavn crash when you change tracks quickly for 8 to 10 times? It basically exits and I have to reopen jiosaavn. I tried this from both steering wheel and the touch buttons on the infotainment system. I was able to reproduce the issue consistently today. I hadnt seen this in the past. Not sure if something changed.
Old 12th July 2023, 08:24   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
On the whole I am pretty satisfied by my Purchase of the car and I will Pen an Ownership thread shortly as I have almost covered 2000 Kms on the car now and have quite a bit of observations which I would like to share.
Thanks mate, appreciate your feedback on your journey with the Hector so far! When you put down your ownership thread, could you please cover the following?
  • How has the infotainment system fared so far? Have any recent updates made it a little easier to use?
  • Is the car uncomfortably bouncy or floaty on highways? Does it cause fatigue over longer distances?
  • Are there any complaints about lumbar support like some others have complained?
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 08:41   #510
Senior - BHPian

I did a short test drive of the Hector CVT recently. The drive was mostly on the Pune BLR bypass, on a relatively crowded stretch. The things I noticed vis-a-vis my Creta are as follows:
1) The car felt quite high off the road, almost at mini truck level, allowing greater front/side presence.
2) The 360 camera was a nice aid.
3) The engine felt smoother (petrol vs diesel), did not feel underpowered, though I am not sure how it may perform quick overtaking.
4) The car felt quite manouverable inspite of its size.
5) The ICE felt quite fiddly, because of lack of physical buttons. The sound quality was slightly better than the Bose system on the Creta.
6) This is my biggest peeve- the front seats did not feel as comfortable or even larger than the Creta. I somehow felt quite hemmed into the driver /passenger seat, presumably because of the large centre console. The rear seat too felt just ok in terms of width, and no different from the Creta in terms of under thigh support. I can only attribute this to the fact that the Hector is much longer and not much wider than the Creta. The boot space is obviously a bit larger.
7) The ADAS was not functional on the test drive car. Bad impression, MG !
Overall, it felt like driving an SUV version of the old style American luxury barges of the late 80s.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 12th July 2023 at 08:42.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed