Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:55   #481
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Visited Kasauli last weekend. Car never felt underpowered even on steepest of roads, with full blown AC and 5 passengers. On steep roads, at times fraction of second delay could be felt in car re-engaging lower gear to be able to push forward itself. Though it was flawless.

Only drawback are:
1) Mileage of 6.5-7kmpl on hills. Got 12.5kmpl till Chandigarh from Gurgaon

2) The bodyroll is more evident to backseat passangers on infinite number of curves one encounters on hills.

On a separate note, I feel the height of Accelerate and brake padel is more than usual. I have had felt this from day one but thought it's an issue with my posture. But couple of friends have confirmed this issue. It gives pain in foot!! Any solution to it?

Last edited by manpreetsj : 2nd June 2023 at 21:58.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:19   #482
BHPian

Got the delivery of my Hector Plus 7str on 28th May. Have driven approx 600 kms till date. 90% drive has been Delhi-Gurugram-Delhi during peak office hours. Sharing my initial quick observations. Will start a more detailed ownership thread in a week or 2 after clocking another couple of 100kms and the second tank full fuel efficiency reading for a more comprehensive understanding. Points below are in no specific order.

• Excellent driving dynamic within city limits, bumper-to-bumper traffic and also picks up speed well on those open stretches. Power delivery is linear and does not feel underpowered at any point. But the pickup is not explosive if you want to compare to XUV700. Stand alone, you will not be disappointed with the Hector. It's a smooth daily driver.
  • Ride and handling too wouldn't give you any reason for complain. Feels planted on those long stretches and handles well over easy corners as long as you realize it's a large SUV and not a sports car.
  • Big on space and comfort. The protruding lumber positioning that few complained for front seats didn't feel uncomfortable at least to me. Large windows help with the sense of space and all round visibility.
  • Excellent Infinity audio system. I use both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Quality of output is fantastic as long as you have opted for 'High Quality' output in the specific app over data use.
  • I initially booked the black color, changed it to dual tone later. Super happy with my decision. In dual tone, the Hector stands out within a crowd, looks classy and butch. For me, the lit up connected tail lamp looks the best on the dual tone.
  • The touch sensitivity of the infotainment screen is vastly improved from when I first tested it in February this year. MG has worked well on improving the user experience and reducing the overall lag. However, I do feel the overall UI (especially the AC) has a major scope for improvement. Will elaborate further on my ownership thread.
  • The interior design with the smoke sepia brown leather looks classy and premium. Everyone, who has either sat in the car and seen it, says the interiors looks like one from a BMW machine.
  • AC is excellent. Cools real quick. However, navigating through the AC controls on the screen while driving is not the best user experience, especially when using Android Auto and CarPlay as reaching the AC controls is a minimum 2-step affair. However, you can use the voice command to skip through the process. The same works seamlessly.
  • Apparently MG has removed the steering adjustment for reach and now it's only adjustable for height. Got to know about this only when I took the delivery. Hated this cost cutting as it took me 2 days to get the right driving position, or rather get used to the 'not my preferred' driving position for the steering. Yet to figure what all has been removed.
  • First tank-to-tank full fuel efficiency is at 6.93km/l. This included a ride back home from Gurgaon on a rainy evening with crazy traffic jam that took me 3hr 15mins to cover 20kms. Will get the second tank full over the weekend. Overall, within the city, expect 6-8.5km/l when driving through bumper-to-bumper traffic.
  • Trip information on the app is not very accurate. Fuel efficiency is definitely not correct, have also noticed the top speed not getting captured accurately.
  • Most connected features work well. Will try to detail out further in my ownership thread.
  • Booking, the waiting period, delivery and the post delivery experience has been very average. The team at MG's flagship store in Gurugram has been shockingly unresponsive. Overall, disappointed with the experience. Even contemplated canceling my booking in between. But the product is good, so went ahead with the purchase. Keeping figures crossed for the ASS.
  • The SUV been mostly self-driven with just a couple of short trips within city with 5 on board. Passengers in the second row had nothing to complain and found the ride very comfortable. My mom is 75+ and average height, getting in and out for her wasn't a challenge.
  • As a 'gadgets on wheels' car, the SUV definitely lacks enough USB/Type-C ports. Second row seats should have had at least 2 USB/Type-C ports, currently offered only 1 USB port. My 2013 Honda City has 2 12V sockets, which I find very handy.

Sharing a few of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230609_120513.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230528_165907.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230609_120427.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20230609_120613.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th June 2023 at 09:09. Reason: Smileys - 2 per post, 28 Apr > 28 May.
ankan_g is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 00:39   #483

Congratulations on you swanky new ride. Wishing you many happy miles. The interiors are definitely step up from the previous iteration. Have you noticed any difference in the ride quality from pre and post facelift?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th June 2023 at 09:10. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Old 14th June 2023, 11:02   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttraveler View Post
Congratulations on you swanky new ride. Wishing you many happy miles. The interiors are definitely step up from the previous iteration. Have you noticed any difference in the ride quality from pre and post facelift?
I never drove the pre-facelift version so wouldn't be able to comment if there is any difference. What I understand is mechanically there is no difference, and most reviews have stated ride quality remains the same.
Old 17th June 2023, 12:57   #485
BHPian

I have been following up on the software update to fix the abrupt reset of infotainment sometimes when we use the source button on the steering wheel but they have been saying they are working on it but no ETA. Anyone else here who has logged a complaint on this issue as well? Have you been following up as well? I have not been using the source button for a month and havent seen the infotainment system reset till now so kind of have a workaround for now.
Old 20th June 2023, 09:25   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
I have been following up on the software update to fix the abrupt reset of infotainment sometimes when we use the source button on the steering wheel but they have been saying they are working on it but no ETA. Anyone else here who has logged a complaint on this issue as well? Have you been following up as well? I have not been using the source button for a month and havent seen the infotainment system reset till now so kind of have a workaround for now.
I had raised this issue and got it corrected during my first service. Looks like they did some software update. I had faced this issue 2 time within 2 weeks of delivery. Now after driving 2500KM, I have not faced issue even once.
Nahcus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 09:41   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahcus View Post
I had raised this issue and got it corrected during my first service. Looks like they did some software update. I had faced this issue 2 time within 2 weeks of delivery. Now after driving 2500KM, I have not faced issue even once.
Interesting..any software updates should be pushed over OTA right? I dont see any new versions showing when I hit detect versions in the infotainment system.

Do you use the source button on the steering wheel frequently? I see this issue only when I use the source button.

Last edited by Ironman82 : 20th June 2023 at 09:46.
Old 22nd June 2023, 15:54   #488

Quote:
Interesting..any software updates should be pushed over OTA right? I dont see any new versions showing when I hit detect versions in the infotainment system.

Do you use the source button on the steering wheel frequently? I see this issue only when I use the source button.

After software update, Jio Saavn crashes a lot and every time it crashes I use source button to relaunch it. So yes, I am made to frequently use source button on steering wheel.
Nahcus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:43   #489
BHPian

Anyone got a notification that jiosaavn pro subscription has expired? It is supposed to valid for 3 years right?
Old 23rd June 2023, 09:02   #490

Quote:
Anyone got a notification that jiosaavn pro subscription has expired? It is supposed to valid for 3 years right?
I have not got any notification on JioSaavn subscription. It is for 3 years and you can check subscription status in My MG app under My Subscriptions ->JioSaavn
Old 23rd June 2023, 15:55   #491
BHPian

Recently purchased this LuvLap Isofix Car Seat for my baby to travel in the car. Switched from rear facing infant seat, as he gets incredibly fussy even for quick in-city journey.

However, for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out on the Isofix mounts location on the Hector? If anyone has installed such seat, can someone please guide me?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2711.jpeg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_2710.jpeg  

Old 23rd June 2023, 17:13   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post

However, for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out on the Isofix mounts location on the Hector? If anyone has installed such seat, can someone please guide me?
I don't have Hector, but in general the isofix mount points will be below those 2 dots you see. Try inserting your finger in the gap between the back rest and base of your seat just under those dots. You will be able to feel the iron mount points.
Old 24th June 2023, 14:53   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I don't have Hector, but in general the isofix mount points will be below those 2 dots you see. Try inserting your finger in the gap between the back rest and base of your seat just under those dots. You will be able to feel the iron mount points.
So I tried to check below the sear and couldn't find those, however there appears to be something metal bar however it's well inside the leather seat covers. And, I don't think there is any opening for me to connect to it.

I guess I have to take the car to the showroom to get the SA to help out.

@manpreetsj @athek could you guys please check your Hector and let me know if it's the same?
Old 24th June 2023, 15:47   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
So I tried to check below the sear and couldn't find those, however there appears to be something metal bar however it's well inside the leather seat covers. And, I don't think there is any opening for me to connect to it.
That is the metal bar you latch the isofix to. Just insert the latch of the child seat like how you push your finger in, and the latch will fix to the metal bar. It needs some push though. Refer the below video at 1.50 sec. I don't recommend the after market items the video discusses though. I am posting it just to show how to access the Anchor bar.

Last edited by sreerknair : 24th June 2023 at 15:48.
sreerknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 17:00   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
That is the metal bar you latch the isofix to. Just insert the latch of the child seat like how you push your finger in, and the latch will fix to the metal bar. It needs some push though. Refer the below video at 1.50 sec. I don't recommend the after market items the video discusses though. I am posting it just to show how to access the Anchor bar.

https://Youtu.be/hTk5b_pyrFA
Hey that's a very helpful video, I however am facing a different issue as in the bar is covered inside of the seat cover (as in literally covered by the leather seat itself) it seems, without any opening for me to latch.

Hopefully the SA can take a look and remove/reattach the seat covers accordingly, will hopefully update once resolved.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks