Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 07:34   #406
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Would be interesting to know if there are any changes/additions post the update. Would appreciate if you could check and help answer the following:
1. Any difference in usability (response/speed after input)?
2. Have they given an option to turn off auto-indicator?
3. Any other changes

Thanks and enjoy your ride
I remember seeing an option to turn off auto indicator in vehicle management settings. The option is named lane change indicator which is set to on by default. You can turn that off. I feel the touch responses are a bit quicker post the update but didnt see any other noticeable changes. Will post it if I find any.
Ironman82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 18:29   #407
BHPian

Finished update just now.
Post update I see new "activation" menu under settings. After clicking activate button it shows progress on updating something related to security certificates and map activation, but nothing happened even after waiting long time. Anyone know what this is about?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230317182327.jpg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230317182419.jpg  

techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 19:12   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Finished update just now.
Post update I see new "activation" menu under settings. After clicking activate button it shows progress on updating something related to security certificates and map activation, but nothing happened even after waiting long time. Anyone know what this is about?
I also got this. Its probably just a first/one time activation after a software update. Once it was activated, that button disappeared from the options menu.
Old 22nd March 2023, 13:31   #409
BHPian

A new version of the MG iSmart app has been released on Android PlayStore. I just downloaded it and noticed the bug(Android only) with alarm settings and geo fencing is now fixed.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd March 2023 at 09:07. Reason: A word
Old 23rd March 2023, 08:56   #410
BHPian

It's been 5-6 days post infotainment system update installed. I think there is some improvement in the touch responsiveness with this update.

Interesting thing I noticed is, fuel mileage increase by 2-3 kmpl in MG iSmart app. I would be surprised if actual fuel economy goes up just with a infotainment system update, maybe MG decided to show inflated fuel economy numbers? Anyone else having similar observation?
Old 23rd March 2023, 19:00   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Interesting thing I noticed is, fuel mileage increase by 2-3 kmpl in MG iSmart app.
Wow, that is a 35-40% increase! Something is amiss I'd say. I've done the update and not seen any weird changes in iSmart.
ar14920251 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 21:18   #412
BHPian

A new blue theme has been added to the theme store. It looks good but I prefer the grey theme. Is there anyway to disable the 120+ speed beep? I usually cruise around 120 on highways and this beep doesnt help.

I have seen some folks update the setting using an obd software for other cars but not sure if anyone has tried for Hector.
Old 24th March 2023, 11:43   #413

Received the latest 7str RDE price list from my SA, the price increase is 51k (as compared to earlier 60k), not sure what is happening. Anyone can confirm if this price is the latest one?

I see that the 7str booking option has been removed from mg portal, not sure what this means, although my SA says that they have 7str sharp pro vehicles in transit, savypro expected soon.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-rde-7str.jpg  

Old 26th March 2023, 12:43   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
Horrible experiences with MG Hector

TBH, it's a seller's market out there, and if you don't have anything in writing, you can't do much. I had similar experiences in Mahindra, and Maruti dealerships. So, the problem is not unique to MG.

My advice: between the hycross and the hector, book the vehicle you like the most (without taking the waiting period into account), and then wait till your turn.

A word of support: don't worry, what goes round comes round. It won't be long before the market turns, and when it does, the most ethical dealerships will continue to do business.
Old 26th March 2023, 18:17   #415
BHPian

Got delivery of my hector on 17th itself. Got to understand that the delay was due to RDE. Abd the staff and dealership more than made up for the delay. Pls the care is fantastic. So, All's we'll that ends well..
Old 26th March 2023, 19:56   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I am really confused between Hector diesel Sharp pro and XUV diesel Ax7 automatic. Both are at almost same price. Family thinks Hector is better looking and with better features. I feel Xuv offers better driving along with advantage of automatic. Don't know how to take a decision.
I have a XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT. Booked it the day of launch, and I was the first one to get the AX7L model in my city (Chandigarh). Never faced any issues with it. It's driven approx 15,000 km till date.

I also have a 2023 Hector Plus Petrol AT, purchased on 24th Jan, 2023. Although my Hector Plus has various issues, I will not base this comparison on the negatives, since that would not be right. Have driven it for 2600-2700km till date

Unbiased fact-based comparison below from someone who owns both the cars:

1. Power - I absolutely LOVE driving the XUV, there's so much power. It's pretty underpowered on the Hector
2. Mileage - Despite the Hector Plus being almost 60BHP lesser than the XUV, the mileage of both is almost same (7-8 kmpl)
3. Audio system on the Hector Plus is AMAZING. On the XUV, it is okayish, but Alexa is a big positive.
4. Driving dynamics - XUV anyday and everyday over the Hector Plus. Body roll is the same on both, though.
5. Looks are subjective, but once in a while the XUVs DRLs still give me goosebumps when I see it on a stranger's car. That combined with black low profile alloys on a white XUV look BOMB !!
6. MG team's response to my car's problems has been good (they visited my home to check out the issues). On the other hand, I have 4-5 XUV700s in my friends circle, and although my car didn't have any issue, my friends had to visit the SC multiple times to get the issues rectified.

There might be other factors also, but I'm sitting in office on a Sunday night, so would not like to delve much into this post

Conclusion : If it was me, I would go in for another XUV700 with my eyes closed.
Dcsastudent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 19:22   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a PDI of the car today, everything seems to be on order odo was at 5 Km, have give a go ahead to invoice the car, have asked for some paint work to be done, so hoping to get the car sometime later next week.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-785d316b42b8419cb4b4d2cdb18b9b1b.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-e0424afadb1a4e1cbbda552d4e28a6ea.jpeg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-27e4cb16d64e4ebf8af3cc857d2e464e.jpeg

The new and old alloys in the same frame in same Color.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-bf72b1f24b3741ceb8771642093278fc.jpeg
AtheK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 22:56   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Did a PDI of the car today, everything seems to be on order odo was at 5 Km, have give a go ahead to invoice the car, have asked for some paint work to be done, so hoping to get the car sometime later next week.

Attachment 2435133

Attachment 2435134

Attachment 2435136

The new and old alloys in the same frame in same Color.

Attachment 2435135
Congrats! Both alloy designs in isolation are looking good. Difficult to pick one. By paint work, do you mean getting alloys painted black?
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 22:58   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Congrats! Both alloy designs in isolation are looking good. Difficult to pick one. By paint work, do you mean getting alloys painted black?
Ya alloys and some more chrome bit to black, can’t stand chrome at all, though body work supervisor said they can’t paint the grill black, will need to plan something for that.

Both the alloys are good, but it is a good move by MG to differentiate between 2022 and 2023 model as otherwise side profile has no change. For that reason alone I prefer the new design.

Last edited by AtheK : 30th March 2023 at 23:05.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 07:49   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Ya alloys and some more chrome bit to black, can’t stand chrome at all, though body work supervisor said they can’t paint the grill black, will need to plan something for that.

Both the alloys are good, but it is a good move by MG to differentiate between 2022 and 2023 model as otherwise side profile has no change. For that reason alone I prefer the new design.
Those like me who got initial batch in late Jan / early Feb, got old alloys. Not sure why MG didn't provide new design from day one, may be it was market feedback it reached to quickly.

I am eagerly waiting to see the outcome of dechroming on a black car. I too wish to get at least alloys turned black. Once you share images, please do share expense incurred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks