Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2023, 14:32   #316
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

I am also inclined towards Hector but want an automatic. Now my running is 10k yearly and to be honest 8kmpl of cvt in city is too low. Thats why the confusion.
Old 22nd February 2023, 22:45   #317
BHPian

Nice video showcasing the history of MG motors. Didnt know they have had such an amazing journey starting from sports cars!

Old 22nd February 2023, 23:04   #318
BHPian

What's the audio set-up of this car? Is it 4 speakers, 4 tweeters, subwoofer and an amplifier?
Old 22nd February 2023, 23:05   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
What's the audio set-up of this car? Is it 4 speakers, 4 tweeters, subwoofer and an amplifier?
Yes for the top end that is the configuration and it sounds very good.
Old 22nd February 2023, 23:52   #320

The audio set-up of Hector is often missed out while comparing to some of its peers but it has been widely believed to have the best sound systems amongst cars costing south of 40-45 lakhs. Just take a look at the following thread having comments from teambhp veterans

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...d-systems.html (Cars with really good OEM sound systems)

Last edited by UsualSuspect : 23rd February 2023 at 00:09.
UsualSuspect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:52   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
The audio set-up of Hector is often missed out while comparing to some of its peers but it has been widely believed to have the best sound systems amongst cars costing south of 40-45 lakhs.
Sound staging is amazing in Hector, just try a Dolby 5.1 sound track / YouTube video.

Superb clarity + bass & treble is very well balanced. Android auto sucks in terms of audio quality, so use Bluetooth / inbuilt jio-saavn.

Inbuilt sound equalizer in hector just 3 band. When you stretch bass/treble band to max, overall sound staging/clarity seems to go down. In my experience keeping inbuilt equalizer flat and adjusting equalizer within the phone gives better control over finetuning as per your taste. In addition if your phone OS has inbuilt Dolby Atmos (e.g. Oneplus phones with OxygenOS), then audio staging and experience can be further enhanced.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 10:11   #322
BHPian

Good News! The issue with Android Auto low quality sound when compared to Jio Saavn is now resolved for me. I was playing songs on youtube music in android auto so I had to just get into "youtube music" app settings and under data saving, I marked the sound quality to play in high quality when on mobile data. Now the quality is equal to jio saavn. I played "Tum hi ho" song and it sounded great.
Ironman82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:07   #323
BHPian

Anyone else has measured the Mileage of CVT facelift that they are getting in city riding conditions? There is so much variation in claims on Youtube.
utkarshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 15:28   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
Good News! The issue with Android Auto low quality sound when compared to Jio Saavn is now resolved for me. I was playing songs on Youtube music in android auto so I had to just get into "Youtube music" app settings and under data saving, I marked the sound quality to play in high quality when on mobile data. Now the quality is equal to jio saavn. I played "Tum hi ho" song and it sounded great.
Are you sure about it? The sound difference is for sure too much. JioSaavn audio quality is so much better. I listen to music on Spotify. Basis your comment switches streaming to Very High from High quality. Will share if I notice any improvement.

I could notice some improvement after I selected "Loudness" under Sound settings.

Also, any developer settings in Android auto can help achieve better output?
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230223_152803_android-auto.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Anyone else has measured the Mileage of CVT facelift that they are getting in city riding conditions? There is so much variation in claims on Youtube.
I could notice drop in mileage by 1kmpl if AC is kept switched on. Earlier was getting 10-11kmpl and on last two days with AC on, 8.8 to 9.7kmpl.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 23rd February 2023 at 15:31.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 18:19   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Are you sure about it? The sound difference is for sure too much. JioSaavn audio quality is so much better. I listen to music on Spotify. Basis your comment switches streaming to Very High from High quality. Will share if I notice any improvement.

I could notice some improvement after I selected "Loudness" under Sound settings.

Also, any developer settings in Android auto can help achieve better output?
Attachment 2421832

I could notice drop in mileage by 1kmpl if AC is kept switched on. Earlier was getting 10-11kmpl and on last two days with AC on, 8.8 to 9.7kmpl.
Yep..there is a definite improvement in sound quality/clarity. I tried to do it in spotify as well but my premium membership has expired and it doesnt allow me to change the quality with no premium subscription. You can play around with dolby atmos setting and equalizer settings in your phone to tweak the sound further to suit your needs.

I did see the audio codec options in developer settings in android auto but didnt want to mess with it and cause any impact to the speakers incompatible codecs can be dangerous so I played it safe with just changing the sound quality setting in the music app.
Ironman82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 20:48   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I have been using my newly acquired Hector extensively since the past 5 days and the mileage I am getting in city traffic is between 9 to 11 kmpl across the ~200 kms I have driven so far depending on whether the AC is switched on as well as traffic conditions in part. Was told by my SA that we can expect a 10% bump up in mileage after second servicing / 4-5k kms run in period (though I am not very sure of this and would request other owners of the older Hector model to confirm).
UsualSuspect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 06:31   #327
BHPian

Can someone please confirm if the "Jio data" option under "My subscriptions" menu option is working in the "My MG" mobile app. I am getting the below error and the MG folks are not able to figure out what is causing this.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230224_063015_my-mg.jpg  

Old 25th February 2023, 08:11   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
Can someone please confirm if the "Jio data" option under "My subscriptions" menu option is working in the "My MG" mobile app. I am getting the below error and the MG folks are not able to figure out what is causing this.
I had the same issue. It happens if you have the My MG app installed prior to delivery of car. Delete and reinstall the app, you should get all the additional options.
Old 25th February 2023, 11:04   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
I had the same issue. It happens if you have the My MG app installed prior to delivery of car. Delete and reinstall the app, you should get all the additional options.
I already tried that as well multiple times but didnt help.

Had called the MG team again and they have told they will connect me to a tech team. Hopefully they can resolve.
Old 25th February 2023, 17:25   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
As it was my first drive in Hector, I just wanted to stick to basics and get comfortable with the car.

ADAS - Switched on Adaptive Cruise Control, it tried to take a lot of control, switched it off in less than a minute.

But noted your points. Will check it soon and share my feedback.

Thanks. Eagerly waiting to hear back on these points.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks