Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 20:14   #286

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
The news is MG is going to increase prices for the Hector Diesel by 60k and petrol by 40k from 1st March. Could be a reason for delay in delivery.
Seriously
They increased the price last month only. Are they offering anything extra or is it going to be BS6 Phase2 compliant or just greed due to more bookings? An increase of 60K will make Hector Diesel more expensive than XUV700 AX7L D MT
vMaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 21:47   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
I'm looking to replace Terrano with an SUV which would be easy to drive. My requirements are
(I do a lot of highway driving). Any suggestions?
Given the budget, I would suggest a taigun or Astor. Astor has a CVT (NA engine) and TC (turbo petrol) option. It is really good on build quality and driving dynamics during my test drive seemed very good.
Taigun GT or the Kushaq are very fun to drive cars and the EPS makes light work of the steering. However, the DQ200 dsg might spell trouble in the long run.
While the hector is an amazing car, with one of the best driving seats (in the price range), you might find the steering a bit heavy in the city.
Old 16th February 2023, 22:21   #288
BHPian

Came across this interesting video where the MG Hector 1.5L petrol beats the Mahindra N 2.2L engine in a drag. Not sure if the driver was bad

Ironman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:21   #289
BHPian

Horrible experiences with MG Hector

Was deciding which car to take and one of the reasons I opted for Hector was the Sales executive's assurance that delivery of Smart Pro, dune brown will be given latest by Feb 20th!

He told vehicle is already on the way and there is no way I will not get it by Feb 20th! So, I booked one on Feb 6th. Since then after repeated follow-ups he says he can't give it before 2nd week of March!!
- On being asked why he gave me a false assurance on Feb 20th, he starts giving stories of change in BS6 Norms.
- When asked if any new norm has been announced after my booking, he goes into stories of MG not sending cars to dealers!!
- Adds that, even if they get delivery from MG, they cannot give delivery to customers coz of BS6 Norms!!

What a let down. And what dishonesty from these guys. But even worse is the response from Customer Care of MG Company!! Thought, that I should highlight this to the company and check if they can give some clarity but alas they were even more shocking..

An executive called to say that standard waiting period is 2-3 months and so, I shouldn't be complaining!!
To add salt to injury, she asks me to speak to dealership (Hyderabad) for my delivery concern!!

Wonder if this is one off case or if that's how pathetic MG's systems are!!

Got my Hycross booking also cancelled based on the dealer's assurance!! And wondering what to do!!

Never had such experience with any of the many cars I bought. Delivery delays on new models are normal but never has there been this kind of a delay on car that has already been "billed and on way to dealership!"

You've spoilt all the joy of buying a car MG...

Last edited by SoundManiac : 17th February 2023 at 10:22.
SoundManiac is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 10:47   #290

My SA called today for the update and below is what she said based on my queries,
1. Hector models are on hold from the company and they have not received any cars this month. They are expecting to get the update in the first week of March. The hold is due to RDE2 compliance. As per the SA, the next lot of cars (both petrol and diesel) will be RDE2 compliant. When I asked why it was only Hector and not the other models, she had no answer.
2. They haven't got any update from the company on whether the recent price hike is directly related to RDE2 compliance or if there will be an extra hike for it. I am assuming it to be the former.
3. I counter argue the SA that I was told the non-adas models are readily available or can be made available within the next 2 months, but the engine is the same in all the models. She confirmed that non of the models are being dispatched by the company and only those which have already reached the dealer inventory are getting delivered (for customers who did the early booking before launch). Even they were not aware of this hold due to RDE2 a few weeks ago.
4. Pune has received the most number of bookings for the uplifted Hector, so expect delays. Not sure if it's the usual tactic to set the expectation or real.

I am still hoping to get my Hector Plus Savvy Pro before April end, but lets see!
vMaverick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 22:28   #291
BHPian

Finally booked my Hector Plus 7 str Sharp Pro CVT in Starry Black colour.

Visited the dealer's stock yard first to check out all the colours in person before making the final choice. Was really confused between the black and the silver. While I found the silver to be sophisticated and classy, the black, on the other hand, looked like a mean machine.

What tilted my decision towards the black was the side profile. The silver, in its side profile, looked quite bland and more MUV like without the bling of the front grill and the classy looking tail lamp being visible. The black, however, looked macho and more SUV from most angles (especially the front and back).

Overall experience at the showroom was good. The SA I was interacting with for the past couple of weeks was good and responsive to all my queries. Had visited 3 other MG showrooms in Delhi NCR before finally making the booking at the 32nd Avenue Gurugram showroom.

The waiting period, I have been told, for the Sharp Pro is at 2-3 months. Hoping to get the car in April.

ONE QUICK QUERY:
Has anyone ever got a PPF done on their car here? Is it worth going for considering black is not an easy color to maintain? Also, any suggestion for an experienced good PPF installer in Delhi NCR?
ankan_g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 22:54   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
Wonder if this is one off case or if that's how pathetic MG's systems are!!

Got my Hycross booking also cancelled based on the dealer's assurance!! And wondering what to do!!

Never had such experience with any of the many cars I bought. Delivery delays on new models are normal but never has there been this kind of a delay on car that has already been "billed and on way to dealership!"

You've spoilt all the joy of buying a car MG...
This is surely a one off case, call multiple dealers and ask for the variant you are looking for maybe someone cancelled theirs and you will be able to get immediate delivery moreover march is the closing of FY so dealers will be more eager to deliver as many cars as they can.

Last edited by revvharder : 18th February 2023 at 22:57.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 02:43   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
Horrible experiences with MG Hector
Hey, which dealer is this if I may ask?
I had a similar fully invoiced booking with RAAM MG around 3rd week of Jan and even though there was a slight delay in the delivery, we got our vehicle delivered without any major issues.
But yes, even I have heard that MG is limiting vehicle dispatches in order to moderate the BS6 Phase2 regulations though I am not sure how much it is true!

Try following up strongly with your dealer and hoping that you get your car soon as this is one awesome machine!
Old 19th February 2023, 11:25   #294
BHPian

I heard the same RDE norms being the reason for the delay from my SA but frankly sounds like a prepared rehearsed statement. Everyone knew the RDE is coming in April. There is no reason they decided to deliver a few cars and hold the rest back because of RDE which would have been planned in advance. The only reasoning seems to be that they have seen good bookings and want to capitalize on the price hike. They must be thinking that due to the robust booking pipeline, even if a few cancel due to the price hike, they will still be more demand than supply so they may as well get the benefits of the 60k hike.
Old 19th February 2023, 11:30   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

The Least MG can do is give Price Protection to existing bookings, It feels so sad to shell 40K extra in just a few days of booking. On top of this the way things are, who knows they might have one more hike before April when I am expecting the Car to be delivered.

Last edited by AtheK : 19th February 2023 at 11:31.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 14:27   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post

The Arrghhh

1. Android Auto though (for some reason) has worse resolution on the huge 14" screen than Apple CarPlay. (Why??)

2. Day / Night / Auto mode on Google Maps in Android Auto is not consistent as it stayed in day mode at night. This was annoying with a big bright screen as you try to get your kid to sleep in the 2nd row. Will try this out again to validate as this seems a simple enough feature!!

3. When you turn the screen off to screensaver mode, music controls on the steering don't work! Turn off screen to avoid distraction but you need to go back to that for any other change

4. When your fuel level is below 10%, the range meter goes blank! The car will highlight that you have low fuel and even proactively pull up Maps with results to nearest fuel stations which is great. But you don't know how far you can go, when the fuel is lower. This is when it is actually helpful.
Update on the Arrghhh points
1. Though Apple CarPlay has better resolution, most apps don't have day/night/auto mode whereas Android Auto does have it for most.

2. Headlights position decides this when set to day/night setting to auto in Maps. Set headlights to auto and it switches smoothly. This point should be moved to The Good section.

3. Controls on steering and +/- buttons below the screen, both don't work with display off. Not fun!

4. Apparently this is intentional as they don't want you to be driving much in Reserve. Without a number, you will head to fuel station at the earliest.

Accessories update - The rear sill plate for entry/exit of boot is now a obtuse L shaped fitting. The plate now is a combo of black matte plastic and chrome. For folks who have seen the previous version which is all chrome, this is a change and welcome one I'm being told as it avoids any expansion due to heat exposure.
ar14920251 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 16:40   #297

Hello,
Needed some guidance on the insurance part. I have already booked a hector savvy pro model last month.
During booking, when I tried to negotiate on the insurance part, the Sales Executive informed me that any outside insurance other than MG would not cover some of the parts like the touchscreen, radar, etc. which are covered in the insurance package of 93K by MG.
He mentioned that in the past their customers faced issues where touchscreen damages were rejected in the insurance claims and hence any other insurance would be a risk.
Can anyone advise on this aspect please?
Thanks.
Old 19th February 2023, 18:33   #298
BHPian

Preliminary observations from our first short drive of ~70kms in our new Hector Savvy Pro CVT

On 12th Feb, while we brought home our new car, we had a surprise tag along, "FLU!". Couldn't drive whole week because of it. You know the feeling when you have your phone delivered but you are not able to unbox it! Yes that feeling bothered. Hence, today morning, when I felt a bit better, we decided to go for a short drive for breakfast at Mannat Dhaba, on Jaipur Highway. It is only 35kms from Gurgaon.

Coming from Elite i20 2017, this car has too many new bits to offer, even the basic ones like auto headlights, ADRVM, etc. are new to me. I am overwhelmed with so much MG has put into it. I'm always hungry for new tech, so I'm more than happy.

Key observations:

1) Engine & handling - The way I drive, I found engine to be sufficiently powered with required pull when needed. Only time you feel power lacking is when you press on breaks and quickly try to accelerate. It asks for a second or two to figure out what you wish to do! Both in city and on highway we drove comfortably and could reach 80 quickly whenever we had a chance. Mid is good and pull is very good at that point. On handling, upto 90kmph the stearing had similar feedback as that of i20 (Hyundai like). At corners I do slow down and leave it for someone else to comment on bodyroll at high speed. The potholes, speed breakers and rough patches make limited noise and vibrations are limited inside cabin, thanks to soft suspension. Indeed very comfortable! Braking was also good and apt for the size of car. The commanding seating position and comfortable seats add to the comfort.

2) ADAS - I tried traffic assist and Adaptive Cruise briefly. These are too intrusive. Will take some attempts to get hang of. While, these two were off, PILOT shows on screen which vehicle is ahead and tries to map it on MID. If you keep lane assist on, unless you give indicator, it will keep alerting you to stay within same lane. Will take few more rides to get more out of it and get used to it. ADAS will be the norm down the line.

3) Tech - Wireless AA is a battery drainer for phone. Also the audio quality via it is not that great. Maybe need to check some settings. Screen is responsive. Accessing AC while using AA is a challenge. iSmart App on phone is useful, though connectivity to car gets error whenever network issue is there. Yet to use it on my Smartwatch. Will use it next time and share some screens. JioSaavn is free for 3 years.

4) Mileage - I will just quote what iSmart App showed. Yet to do full tank to full tank check. Basis App, I got 9.7kmpl and 10.9kmpl both ways. Since, the average speed is 44kmph, I feel the mileage is good. I was expecting lower. In short trips within city (<10kms) on day of delivery I got between 8.8 to 10.5kmpl.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230219_112957_mg-ismart.jpg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230219_112950_mg-ismart.jpg

I'm happy with today's experience and look forward to taking it out on much longer rides!

I couldn't click pictures, was too engrossed in experiencing the new ride. Though have clicked picture of back side where rear sill plate is visible.
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20230219_184007_gallery.jpg

Wishing all the best and hoping for early delivery for those who are patiently waiting for it.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 19th February 2023 at 18:40.
manpreetsj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 19:01   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadhoot View Post
Hello,
Needed some guidance on the insurance part. I have already booked a hector savvy pro model last month.
During booking, when I tried to negotiate on the insurance part, the Sales Executive informed me that any outside insurance other than MG would not cover some of the parts like the touchscreen, radar, etc. which are covered in the insurance package of 93K by MG.
He mentioned that in the past their customers faced issues where touchscreen damages were rejected in the insurance claims and hence any other insurance would be a risk.
Can anyone advise on this aspect please?
Thanks.
All those parts are covered under warranty and not insurance in case of any issues. Mine SA is good he has been totally ok with me getting the insurance from outside without scaring me.
Old 19th February 2023, 19:50   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
Hey, which dealer is this if I may ask?
I had a similar fully invoiced booking with RAAM MG around 3rd week of Jan and even though there was a slight delay in the delivery, we got our vehicle delivered without any major issues.
But yes, even I have heard that MG is limiting vehicle dispatches in order to moderate the BS6 Phase2 regulations though I am not sure how much it is true!

Try following up strongly with your dealer and hoping that you get your car soon as this is one awesome machine!
It is the Same Dealer. RAAM MG. To make matters worse, the Customer care after horrible response, mailed back saying that "it was delight to resolve my query to my satisfaction!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks