Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 21:12   #241
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsnasgr View Post
Just got my Sharp PRO CVT delivered! An absolute beast. Smooth to drive and very comfortable.

If any of you have questions, feel free to quote this message and ask away! I'll try to reply to most of them.
Many Congratulations :-)

Just one question right now, is there a way you can dim or turn off the display of the Infotainment system? If not, is it too big a distraction and in your face, especially at night?

Do keep the thread updated with your experience
Old 6th February 2023, 21:18   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

Just one question right now, is there a way you can dim or turn off the display of the Infotainment system? If not, is it too big a distraction and in your face, especially at night?

You can put the display to only show clock, I had done the same when I Test drove the car.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 21:48   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsnasgr View Post
Just got my Sharp PRO CVT delivered! An absolute beast. Smooth to drive and very comfortable.

If any of you have questions, feel free to quote this message and ask away! I'll try to reply to most of them.
Congratulations!!!
Which color did you buy?
Did you take the maintenance package? If yes, which one?
Whats the final insurance quote you got?
Do share pics ��

Last edited by ankan_g : 6th February 2023 at 21:50.
Old 7th February 2023, 02:53   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
However, there was a fatal flaw, the driver seat wouldn't move back far enough! (I fully lowered it as well) I'm 6 feet tall and i simply can't rest my leg comfortably near the accelerator. And it seems to go an even shorter distance in the manual variant for some reason, making it even more cramped. Very unfortunate that such a great car has to be excluded from my shortlist for such an unforseen reason. Tall drivers beware.
Hi, could it be possible that it was a flaw with your TD vehicle? I’m 6.2 and I didn’t face this issue of seat adjustment at all and was quite comfortable.

I faced a similar problem in a Harrier TD vehicle (the seat was stuck and the salesperson insisted it was at max!) so thought I’d ask.

Of course it could be a difference in our body proportions or how you rest your feet while driving, but I would suggest you try another vehicle for TD and see if it makes a difference. I’ve done TD on both manual and CVT models and this was really surprising to read for me.
Old 7th February 2023, 04:57   #245
BHPian

Quote:

Havent played with it too much, got it delivered last night but yes, the Display is a tad too bright especially with CarPlay. I dimmed the brightness but the large display can be bit annoying at night.

My main concern is the "auto-indicators". Its annoying, cant be turned off and often gives signal for the slightest curves. MG needs to release an update to allow users to turn that off.
krsnasgr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 04:59   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Congratulations!!!
Which color did you buy?
Did you take the maintenance package? If yes, which one?
Whats the final insurance quote you got?
Do share pics ��
I got the Starry Black! I did not opt for the maintenance package. The final insurance quote I got was 44k from HDFC ERGO that I got myself. The dealership quoted me 93k for the same.

Will share pics soon. Just got it delivered yesterday night and havent got enough time with it to play.
Old 7th February 2023, 09:11   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

2023 MG Hector media drive reviews drops on Feb 9 at 12pm.

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-fb_img_1675741193946.jpg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-fb_img_1675741196319.jpg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-fb_img_1675741198791.jpg

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-fb_img_1675741201598.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th February 2023 at 09:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 09:30   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
2023 MG Hector media drive reviews drops on Feb 9 at 12pm.

Attachment 2415816

Attachment 2415817

Attachment 2415818

Attachment 2415819

Link
look forward to it! Nicely clicked

Update: Completed PDI yesterday for my Savvy Pro 5 seater Starry Black Hector. Car was a bit dirty as I had asked them to show it before even sending it to service centre for cleaning. The feeling of powering on engine of your new car for first time is out of world experience!

Car is ready for delivery, will take it on coming Sunday! Wish I could take it earlier, but nevertheless Sunday ain't far.

Bought few accessories (badging in front, Sill plate for boot and sun shades. Got car cover removed from essential kit). Negotiated 3K discount on accessories, given the loyalty shown by having booking alive since May 2022 (Nov 21 actually!). As stated earlier, I could get insurance negotiated to 44.5k (43k stated earlier was without GST on addons - includes Secure Elite Add-ons which covers mostly everything from RTI, tyre, rims, engine, zero dep, consumables, etc.).
manpreetsj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 09:57   #249

A query related to fuel compliance - Is the engine in the new hector petrol compliant with E20? Haven't got a definitive answer from the SA, but he told that this engine should be able to run on E20. I guess they haven't made any changes to make it ready for E20 and BS6 phase-2. The waiting period for petrol savvy pro as mentioned by SA is at least 6 months, and he further added that by then, the company will make the engine ready for E20 and BS6 phase-2, but it will come with a price hike. Not sure whether I should believe him or not.
vMaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 09:48   #250
BHPian

We are planning to book the CVT Hector in the Smart Pro or Savvy Pro variant today, and are unable to decide between the two. Here's my analysis of them:

Cruise Functions
I'm frustrated by the standard cruise control on my Ecosport because it's nearly impossible to use in and around our city, specifically because it's not intelligent at all, so I was excited for this.

However, I recently went to Darjeeling in a friend's Astor and found that its adaptive version is no better. It only stops or slows if the vehicle in front does so, but pays no heed to a potential motorcyclist crossing into the middle of our cars, etc. When it does slow down, it does so at such a distance that it makes you impatient about just getting on with it.

It's difficult to describe but we just had to turn it off so we could confidently drive like we normally do and make good time. I think it would need a lot of watching over the system and being extremely patient with it if someone wanted to truly use ACC.

Traffic Jam Assist
This seems useful, but again, only if it worked like 95% of how a human driver would, and I really doubt it'll be able to do that. I suspect it will try to maintain 10 metres of distance or something from the vehicle ahead and people would constantly keep taking your place and cutting you off in a traffic jam. If it worked as advertised though, it would be totally worth it.

Lane Functions
Completely and utterly useless for me. I hope there's a way to turn them off for good and forget that they exist. If not, I definitely wouldn't want this variant.

Forward Collision Prevention Functions
Genuinely useful and they did work as advertised in the Astor, and are the primary reason I'm considering shelling out ₹1 lac extra for this variant. I wonder whether they spoil you and make you a poorer driver over time though? Wouldn't you be more likely to develop poor braking reflexes in the long run?

Intelligent Headlamp Control
This alone would not be worth the price of admission, but if it works, it would be another fantastically useful addition. Heaven knows that I hate being inconsiderate and blinding oncoming drivers, but at the same time loathe having to constantly keep fiddling that right hand stalk on long evening drives.

Can a Savvy Pro owner here advise whether any of the ADAS features work perfectly as advertised and are genuinely practically useful? Can you can properly turn off the parts you don't need, so they don't constantly keep bothering you?

Last edited by aryayush : 8th February 2023 at 09:56.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 11:10   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to turn the display Off while driving?
Yes, press circular button at bottom for 2 min, infotainment goes in screen-saver mode showing only time (not completely off tough)
techcoze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 17:00   #252
BHPian

Everyone,

Need some advise and suggestions. I have already booked savvy pro at launch and I also had a booking for xuv700 ax7 (which was made long back). Now while I had my mind set at Hector, as my delivery schedule for xuv still showed another 7 months. But today I got a call stating that there is a cancellation and I can get immediate delivery if I want.

Now, the confusion whether should I go for AX7 and miss out on the most of the Adaptive cruise control or should I go for hector and miss out on that engine ?
Old 8th February 2023, 22:32   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Everyone,

Need some advise and suggestions. I have already booked savvy pro at launch and I also had a booking for xuv700 ax7 (which was made long back). Now while I had my mind set at Hector, as my delivery schedule for xuv still showed another 7 months. But today I got a call stating that there is a cancellation and I can get immediate delivery if I want.

Now, the confusion whether should I go for AX7 and miss out on the most of the Adaptive cruise control or should I go for hector and miss out on that engine ?
Hello, if you are getting XUV7OO AX7, buy eye closed.
Old 9th February 2023, 07:49   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Everyone,

Engine over ADAS any day, if the criteria for choice is only this.
Old 9th February 2023, 20:00   #255
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Sharp Pro Hector in Starry Black today. The vehicle is super smooth to drive and cabin is super insulated from average road noise. Really peaceful to drive. The auto turn indicators were a bit annoying. The large screen wasn't as much of a distraction as I expected.

MG delivery experience was very good. The entire showroom staff was at hand to deliver the vehicle! All organised and no last minute surprises.

Didn't really get a chance to click many pics as we were dealing with 2 small kids as well.
ar14920251 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks