Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2023, 12:07   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda India offers anytime warranty up to 8 years / 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
If you own a DQ200 gear box vehicle then warranty is a must in case you want to keep the vehicle for long.

I am suffering from last 30 days from a mechatronic failure on my 2019 Octavia 1.8TSI with mileage of 60k. The part is not in stock with Skoda with no clear timeline for delivery.
60 days and still no update on when the mechatronics will arrive. I continue to wait and I am also told that there are a couple of dozen like me pan India. Nothing more to describe my situation.

Any suggestions on what other options I have apart from waiting?
Old 28th February 2023, 12:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions on what other options I have apart from waiting?
Did u get a loaner car? They ought to give you a loaner car for warranty claims. They will avoid but if you push for it they will give.
And 60 days is too long a period. Now that the same gearbox is put in Slavia and Kushaq 1.5tsi dsg, the mechatronix should have been more easily available.
Old 28th February 2023, 12:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
Did u get a loaner car? They ought to give you a loaner car for warranty claims. They will avoid but if you push for it they will give.
And 60 days is too long a period. Now that the same gearbox is put in Slavia and Kushaq 1.5tsi dsg, the mechatronix should have been more easily available.
Yes, I did get a loaner car in form of a Kushaq MT and the dealer overall has been helpful and transparent but they have no visibility to when the part will arrive. As per them supply chain disruptions are there and they have no clear timeline or ETA.

Personally I expected a better loaner but I assume that it is a cost to dealer and they typically have the cheapest offering of the brand as a loaner car.
Old 1st March 2023, 14:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:

Personally I expected a better loaner but I assume that it is a cost to dealer and they typically have the cheapest offering of the brand as a loaner car.
They should have at least given an AT vehicle as loaner. This is not acceptable. When you are selling cars as premium as Octavia, the service ought to be better.
I remember of getting a superb as a loaner vehicle when my octavia went for a warranty claim for AC compressor.
By the way, I read in some news article that VW/SKODA in India will face shortage due to more allocation for European Markets. I am attaching the link below.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/98256227.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks