Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 10:26   #91
BHPian

Re: List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
BMW - all (obviously petrol) vehicles
Please may you cite the information link for easy referral? This thread has to be collectively built up and hence I am requesting verifiable information sources.
Old 10th February 2023, 13:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwesh View Post
So, unless the pump is doing this frequently, we shall get a much higher percentage of ethanol if we happen to fill up when the underground reservoir is past the half empty mark.
This is alarming. Looks like we all might be already getting greater than 10 percent ethanol during our refilling's, purely depending on luck.
Old 10th February 2023, 13:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

This is quite disconcerting.

The supply is being controlled centrally by OMCs with no choice provided to the customer (unless one can choose a colour coded E10/E20 dispenser like fuel with additives)

OEMs are deliberately ambiguous about specific compatibility to E20. Even if a model is compatible, what about a specific Model Year or VIN? Already the OEMs void warranty at the drop of a hat citing fuel quality/adulteration. One needs to be on the right side of warranty T&Cs (which is disrupted by the covert blending of E20).

Ultimately, I can take a compromise for the sake of climate but I need road tax and GST refunded for my wrong car purchase

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th February 2023 at 19:08. Reason: As requested.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 14:55   #94
BHPian

I guess this is also good to kill the booming used-car market, unless any retrofit solutions are made available and they are cheap
hanzt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 17:08   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Please may you cite the information link for easy referral? This thread has to be collectively built up and hence I am requesting verifiable information sources.
Verifiable information in the form of quotes from the manufactures service book has been posted quite a few times across various posts by multiple folks including the OP who owns one. All gas sipping Beemers are E25 compliant.

Last edited by SR-71 : 10th February 2023 at 17:23.
SR-71 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 17:11   #96
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What is unfortunate is that extended warranty of new vehicles is useless after Apr 2023, once E20 fuel replaces E10 fuel at most of petrol bunks and gradually cover all parts of country.

Everyone is in grey area, no OEM has transparently declared except for few regarding compatibility or non-compatibility with E20 fuel. I guess, we will all realize the impact post Apr 2023 in all our cars.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th February 2023 at 19:10. Reason: Typos and punctuation. Please proofread posts before submitting. Thanks.
navrddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 14:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quite frankly, I don't like the timing of all these changes. They should have made an official announcement to get E20 engines well before they planned a rollout. It is unfair to allow people to buy E10 engines right up to the rollout date, then advance it as well. Ideally, all cars sold after Apr last year should have been E20 compliant and then they could have looked at launching E20 this year. People who have recently brought cars are completely shortchanged in this process. Its ridiculous.
fhdowntheline is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 07:47   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
I guess this is also good to kill the booming used-car market, unless any retrofit solutions are made available and they are cheap
Probably that's the real reason there's some ambiguity from OEMs, they stand to benefit from such changes.
Old 12th February 2023, 07:52   #99
BANNED

To be fair authorities should be blamed for all this confusion. They must clarify about availability of E10 fuel, well in advance. What auto journalists are doing? Why they are not approaching concerned authorities and ask for clarification? Are they only for leaking pictures of upcoming cars and doing reviews?
Anxiousblock is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 09:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Has there been any news of the compatibility on e20 for the VAG 2.0 TFSI petrol engines?, for vehicles such as the Tiguan, Kodiaq Octavia and Superb?

I was at a Skoda showroom and the sticker next to the fuel cap clearly read e10 but the Sales person assured me, showing a whatsapp group message, that they were told e20 compatibility is confirmed. However I am not sure on how credible this is.

Last edited by Maky : 12th February 2023 at 09:17.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 12:20   #101
BHPian

As per latest information, there shall be a shortfall in suger production this year, due to the extended monsoon season of last year. . Based on the original targets, 45 lakh tonnes of suger was earmarked for ethanol production, but now only 35 lakh tonnes shall be available for that purpose.

Source of information: Loksatta Mumbai edition dated 11/02/23.

Regards,
Anwesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 16:37   #102
BHPian

Going slightly tangential - I don't hear anything from the two wheeler world about E20 material compliance from Apr 2023. Its strange considering that the head count of impacted vehicles is going to be much more than four wheelers and they will be the first to make the switch if Govt starts selling E20 fuel at a lower price.
Old 13th February 2023, 15:24   #103
BHPian

We can add Tata cars to the list: Tiago, Punch, Altroz & Nexon

Reference: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ransition.html (Tata Motors completes BS6 Phase II transition)
dijkstraind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 19:48   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I was at a Skoda showroom and the sticker next to the fuel cap clearly read e10 but the Sales person assured me, showing a whatsapp group message, that they were told e20 compatibility is confirmed. However I am not sure on how credible this is.
Going by the Superb's manual, the EA888 2.0 TSI is clearly E10 compliant only. This is a 2021 model, so unless something has been changed very recently, I don't think the 2.0 TSI is compatible.
Name:  ethanol skoda .png
Views: 1192
Size:  42.0 KB
List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-superb-gas-cap.jpg

It's an incredibly grim situation, but since almost no need for travel has arisen for us recently, the Superb has just been sitting in the garage with around half a tank of E10 from the last fuel-up. Until we get further information, we will have to restrict use and conserve this tankful of fuel, since putting in E20 not only puts the car at risk, but first and foremost voids extended warranty.

Furthermore, some people I know have asked Skoda and Volkswagen India about what happens to cars under warranty on Twitter, but not a single one of them has gotten a response yet. Directly messaging the heads is also not possible since it is disabled. Does anyone know what Skoda itself plans for owners of existing vehicles?

I guess we need to find some way of directly contacting the company. Is there any sort of official channel of communication which I'm unaware about?

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 13th February 2023 at 20:04.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:49   #105
BHPian

Since cars are now getting launched with E20 compliance, the car makers already know what parts were upgraded to handle the fuel. For them to publish the list and offer it as an upgrade kit will be the easiest and logical thing to do. I dont mind spending 10-20k, just for the peace of mind such an upgrade offers. But since this is India, there is no transparency or accountability - both from the OEMs and Govt - and nothing will happen unless there is a PIL filed and some top Court decides to intervene. Most likely, we are already being fed fuel that is E12/15 and will end up replacing parts as and when they degrade/fail in our expensive machines.
achats is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks