Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 21:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

Voted for Mahindra Scorpio-N based on just 2 attributes.
1. Road presence
2. BOF 7 seater AT 4WD

IMPO, Maruti Baleno/Toyota Glanza shouldn't have been included. Its a facelift!!
Even TBHP official review says, "Since the Maruti Baleno has already been reviewed by Team-BHP, this report will only focus on changes made to the facelift."
Old 8th December 2022, 21:54   #122
BHPian

Voted for Citroen C3 for the following reason:

1) Good driving dynamics
2) Punchy turbo petrol

Though it misses many goodies and an automatic gearbox, it is still one of the best hatchback which offers value for money.
Old 8th December 2022, 22:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

Slavia/Virtus 1.5 for me, for giving whatever bloodline to the dying sedan segment. Can easily beat any car below 50 lakhs (other than 2 TSIs) in terms of performance, at only 25 lakhs. All basics are sorted in the car, and fully confident it will receive a full 5 stars if tested.
Second would be Scorpio for getting everything that is required for the masses and being a run away hit.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 23:19   #124
BHPian

What is the criteria to vote? I'm unable to vote.
P.S. - I became a member about 2 months ago
Old 8th December 2022, 23:53   #125
BHPian

Voted for Virtus.

Killer looks, powerful engines, best in class driving dynamics, decent build quality and hopefully 5 stars safety rating.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 00:23   #126
BHPian

Seeing as there's no Honda City eHEV, my vote (and my wallet) goes to the Brezza.

I know it is a very unpopular voting option, as many have gone for what car they really like to drive.

Brezza, in the other hand, is the car with possibly the least number of dislikes from anybody. Checks 80% of all boxes, built on a safe platform and hopefully in line for at least 4 stars in crash tests, reasonable mileage, a very reliable engine-gearbox combination and a mini-Land Rover design that grows on you the more you look at it. A very head-over-heart decision that will suit every family member. And actually more refined and better NVH than many of its sub-compact competitors.

That, I feel, is why the Brezza deserves way more appreciation as a jack-of-most-trades package.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a huge hit for Maruti, if it isn't already considered one.

That said, if the Honda City eHEV was an option, that would definitely have been my first choice. An absolute gem of a car, with a brilliant engine setup.
Small Bot is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 01:00   #127
BHPian

The BYD Atto 3 is a game-changer in the world of cars. While many vehicles on the market today have dull engines, unreliable gearboxes, or lack in safety, the Atto 3 stands out as a beacon of innovation. Its advanced blade battery technology outperforms other electric and internal combustion vehicles, making them seem like toys in comparison.

The blade battery technology used in the Atto 3 offers numerous benefits, including improved heat dissipation, higher energy density, and stable chemistry that can withstand temperatures up to 500C. It also features fast charging technology that doesn't affect battery life, and can maintain its charge for much longer than traditional batteries.

This combination of safety, long life-cycle, and extensive single-charge range capability places the BYD Atto 3 in a class of its own. The interiors are also different from other cars, with a unique design that stands out. The build quality is top-notch, and there is ample storage space in the trunk. The only downside is that the price is on the higher side in India, but overall the Atto 3 is a truly exceptional vehicle that deserves recognition as car of the year for its bold and being the only innovative company this year.
anti21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 01:05   #128
BHPian

Voted for Scorpio N and will be getting mine very soon!

Reasons:

1. It's a True SUV which is a rarity these days with the dominance of pseudo-SUVs in the market.

2. Its relatively affordable compared to the other True SUVs like Fortuner, etc. and more practical than the other affordable True SUVs like Thar, Gurkha

3. It has the breadth of abilities to become a 'Do It All' car which can handle any terrain, any occasion and can be a great, practical family car also. I cant think of any vehicle below Rs. 30L which can be so versatile.

4. Mahindra has improved this (especially mechanical aspect of it) over old Scorpio so much that it almost feels like a European now.
Old 9th December 2022, 02:30   #129
BHPian

Voted for the Tiago EV simply because it promises to be a game changer for EV adoption in India if Tata can get their sales and after sales experience right. Tried and tested platform married to a tried and tested technology (thanks to the Nexon and Tigor EVs) with adequate range to become the perfect beater or city car. Plus at a price that doesn't break the bank. Heck, I might finally replace my Beat as the beater car with this one, considering that my daily run is about 60 kms.
Old 9th December 2022, 09:01   #130
BHPian

Voted for the Tucson - driving it around daily is the biggest stress buster! Love the car and would buy it all over again if it comes to it!
reppy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 09:34   #131
BHPian

Voted for Scorpio
Reasons:
Choice of variant, engine and transmission = check
2wd/4wd= check
Safety (uncertified ) = mostly check
Elevating a dying breed= check (BOF)
And finally the biggest reason is bringing some sanity for pricing vehicles ( a lesson every manufacturer should follow)
Honorable mention
1) C3, sorted mechanics, quintessential package for driving enthusiasts
2) Tucson , if the price was better would definitely have voted for this
3) Volvo v40 recharge, an electric not massively over expensive than its ICE counterpart
4) EV6 , if money no bar
Though I would love to vote for hybrids, but the enthusiast in me would vote only if it had better performance, especially after 3 digit speeds as the general preaching is Hybrids are here to overthrow the Diesels
Taking a firm stand against VAG (even though I am a VAG owner) just because they decided to abandon diesels only in India
Old 9th December 2022, 10:46   #132
BHPian

Voted for Suzuki Grand Vitara, for having come up with a brilliant product and for having clocked the no. of bookings, despite models costlier than the sister Hyryder on Feature-on feature comparison and showed the competitors the power of Indian Suzuki.

With a newfound seller's market for car manufacturers, where purchase experiences become nightmares with the nonavailability of correct models for a test drive, display, cold behavior of showroom staff, and long long delivery with no commitments, Maruti Suzuki stands out, in my opinion.
Old 9th December 2022, 10:46   #133
BHPian

Electric cars are a need of hour but out of reach of common man. Here comes Tata trying very hard to make it possible and if shows. I know it's new in the market however, given Nexon EVs success and implementation, this launch is in the right direction.

TeamBHP CoTY title should be given to something that has the power to drastically change/shape the market and this definately ticks the box, hence my vote!
Old 9th December 2022, 10:49   #134
BHPian

Tiago EV got my vote due to a variety of reasons:

1) Lowest priced 5 door, 5 seater EV - gives a viable EV alternative for majority of car buyers in the under Rs 10 lakhs price bracket. Not many can afford EVs costing Rs 16 lakh & above. The eKUV1OO also seems like a good option for those looking for SUV look - let us see at what price it is launched.

2) Other relatively well-priced EVs might be launch in the future, but I doubt any car can beat Tiago EV's value proposition in the near future. Have heard of 2 door, 4 seaters launched abroad - but they won't have the practicality of a proper 4 door (plus hatch with access to decent boot size) car with easy access to seating for a family of say 4 adults & 1 child.

3) Trust of Tata & vast network of service centres, increases reach & selling potential. Since there is no engine & gearbox, mechanical reliability and serviceability about which question marks are often raised in case of Tata Motors, is less of an issue for potential buyers.

4) Range is an issue, but I don't think many people will be commuting more than 30+30 kms (to & fro) daily to work everyday. With increasing charging infra, can be charged at more places, in addition to home & office.
Old 9th December 2022, 10:51   #135
BHPian

Voted for Tata Tiago EV. An electric hatchback with sufficient range for city and moderate highway drives under ₹10 lakhs will be a game changer for the EV industry in India. For lower middle class family having needs to travel long distances to work, this car is best suited to meet their needs and save a lot of money in long term. On top of it no pollution. More such cars are the need of the hour.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks