Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 19:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Requesting advice on selling a 6-month old Hyundai Alcazar

From a buyer's perspective: Would I buy an almost new car as the second owner for a couple of lakhs lesser than a new vehicle's price? I am not sure I will.

If you wanted a 7 seater, you probably wanted it for highway drives. You could use it as your highway ride, save it from bumps and dents from other city commuters. For the city, you could buy a small auto, considering you have parking available.

If not feasible, you can use your car for a while, wait for a couple of price hikes and then sell.

Last edited by Benoit : 11th December 2022 at 19:51.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 06:55   #47
BHPian

I haven't read through the entire thread but instead of taking such a loss, why not just teach your SO to drive manual? Its an important skill and would save you a lot of headaches. If they aren't willing then yes you will have to replace it sadly. Make sure you get a good price for it.
Old 12th December 2022, 08:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

How far is your wife's office and how long it takes to commute? Since you work from home, if you can either drop her in the morning at the office or pick up in the evening at least a couple of times a week, the car will not sit idle. It can be kept. Who knows if wfh will remain next year?
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:21   #49
BHPian

Dear Darshan,

I was in a similar situation some days ago. I own a Tiguan Allspace which has run 53000 kilometres. I had a change in my job at the beginning of this year. It required travel of 4000 kilometres per month. I decided to keep two cars and added a Skoda Superb for its ride quality on rough roads where it is better than the Tiguan. I did not consider one single car like A6, 5 series or Lexus ES 300 since it would be due for service every 2 months and I would end up having no alternative car.

We can never predict our future. I moved back to my original job which I never considered a possibility, not even 1 %. Now my running is low, Superb was in the garage most of the time. Tiguan was my daily drive. There were only 2 parking spots and 3 cars, so I had to let one of the cars go. The Superb had many additional features over the Tiguan but I was attached to my Tiguan. It took me safely without any issues, I use to start my journey at 3.30 AM, in an accident-prone area. It was there for me when I was under stress. So I let my Superb go. I sold it to a gentleman who owned X3 and was aware that superb will be stopped after 2023, March. I took the depreciation hit, but it was better than the beautiful Superb parked unused and getting damaged due to rat bites and other things.

So, my dear friend. My decision was solely based on the heart. I will live with the loss and I am okay with it. In your case, if you feel that you had made a wrong decision by buying a manual Alcazar, just sell it. Don’t live a compromised life since you are young. I am sure, you will be successful in your life and save to mitigate this loss. I hope you will keep your next car long as Team-BHP advise us to do. Whatever is your decision, don’t repent for it. Life is too short for that.

Lots of love and regards

Take care

Last edited by Dr ST : 12th December 2022 at 10:27. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Dr ST is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
Though the car is new, Iam considering selling the same and buy an automatic transmission which both me and my wife can drive. Potentially reduce EMIs and get a good worth of the car. Is this a good move?
Frankly speaking, the impact of the effort and time we keep pondering over misplaced decisions is way more expensive than the actual monetary loss.

Do yourself a favour, sell the Alcazar. Don't break your head over getting a right value for the depreciation. The benefit of both of you being able to drive is far more valuable.

Good luck for your search.
pannags is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:10   #51

Hi,
I am a new car driver. Brought Hyundai Creta, my suggestions To you that in today's world almost a good quality car will cost you atleast 15-24 lakh. Hire a driver & occasionally drive sometime. That will solve your problem.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th December 2022 at 10:17. Reason: Please proof read your post for any errors before hitting the reply button. Thanks for understanding.
writetoavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 23:08   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dars.han View Post
Hi
Have you sold it yet Darshan??

I’m yet to hear from you. So wondering.
Old 24th December 2022, 22:53   #53
BHPian

I agree, Brezza ZDi was one of the best cars ever in terms of power space and reliability. The reason behind the upgrade? The depreciation will be substantial. Please teach her how to drive or hire a driver. Also, selling a car that new only raises more questions as to why it is being sold that early. For example, nobody will touch a 2021 Kushaq as the EPC issues are well known. Alcazar seems to be doing good, but suggest to use it for a couple of years and then sell off when taking the depreciation hit actually means something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks