Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 18:08   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

It's funny how majority of this thread is discussions around the most discounted brand-Audi, yet sales of Audi are amongst the lowest of the 3 Germans.

Clearly Audi needs more than just price to get cars out the showroom.

I am surprised, the halo and flagship models aren't being discounted much. Any news on discounts on the RS models or even the Q7?
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 10:32   #197
BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

I am having a hard time deciding between 2023 Audi Q3 CKD premium plus and 2022 Audi Q3 Cbu. Both I am getting for 42L on road Daman. Is this a good deal and should I pick the cbu over ckd even though it has depreciated by a year?
Old 1st July 2023, 14:43   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Having the oldest product lineup without any revolutionary design changes + petrol only offerings clearly has clipped Audi's appeal. Between the folks I know, its mostly the first time luxury buyers who've opted between the A4, A6 and Q5 to get a feeler of their first German mobile at a bargain (and very competitively priced extended warranties) compared to the prices of Mercedes and BMW counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I am having a hard time deciding between 2023 Audi Q3 CKD premium plus and 2022 Audi Q3 Cbu. Both I am getting for 42L on road Daman.
How old is the 2022 CBU? If it is a late 2022 car and has any extra kit get the 2022 CBU for the extra finesse which you will appreciate over a long ownership period but if you swap your cars often get the newer car as it may hold better resale value in the short term (3-5 years).
manson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 17:14   #199
BHPian

Recently went through the buying process for the Mercedes E-Class and Lexus ES300h.

Neither brand gives discounts anymore.

Mercedes sales guy straight up explained the new Mercedes model of dealers not keeping stock, hence not giving any discounts. He was absolutely firm, did not budge.

Around 2 weeks later, got a call from a completely different sales guy from Mercedes. They had 2 older models (early 2023 manufactured). Was offering some paltry discount of 2-3 lakh (not much on a 95+ lakh rupee sedan), and we would have to take white colour petrol only. The discount offered wasn't tempting enough to compromise on choice of engine or colour.

Ultimately, we rejected Mercedes because the new E-class W214 is coming next year. The only reason to buy the outgoing W213 was IF they were offering us something tempting.

Lexus wasn't giving discounts either. I basically badgered the sales guy into "give me something". After a lot of effort by me, they reduced the dealership vehicle handling charges by Rs. 50,000, which itself I think they were extremely reluctant to do.

We did end up buying the Lexus. Delivery is expected in the next week.
kadanaJ is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 21:05   #200

I am looking for an Audi Q5. I checked with the showroom in Chennai, they are not offering any discounts. It's hard to believe that there are no discounts. Is anyone aware of discounts on Audi Q5?
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:32   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
So it turns out the Q3 is not E20 compliant. The information is available in the user manual kept inside the vehicles, and one can check the same under the heading “Fuel” rather than naively taking the word of the dealership (and end up paying ~4K as the cancellation fee, like I did). The same is also mentioned in the backside of the fuel lid once you open it - it will say E5, E10.
I read somewhere that all cars need to be e20 compliant which are manufactured after 1st April 2023. I am getting a good deal on 2023 april/may manufactured Q3, will it be safe to assume that now since it is CKD and manufactured in April it will be E20 compliant?

My dealer has no clue about it.
Old 4th July 2023, 11:12   #202
BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere that all cars need to be e20 compliant which are manufactured after 1st April 2023. I am getting a good deal on 2023 april/may manufactured Q3, will it be safe to assume that now since it is CKD and manufactured in April it will be E20 compliant?

Well, the only validation is per the manual or fuel lid or maybe something in writing from Audi. If those still say E10 then it is E10. Having said that, I went through numerous reports with tests done on E10 cars with E20 fuel, mostly in US and the cars were largely unharmed. See the impact of E20 fuel on existing cars threat on team bhp. Also, per an auto car India article (again mentioned in the thread), BS6 cars can handle up to E27.5 with the ECU re calibration. So in a scenario where E10 stops being sold (maybe 2027 onwards, optimistically much later), then ECU recalibration should be a simple software update to manage the mix of air fuel in the engine. Rubber parts linings, if they need change, should not cost a bomb IMO if I look at the current version of cars which are coming out as E20 material complaint now (not so much delta in price). Given the bumper discount you are getting, it more than takes care of these issues financially at least. Also, Q3 was being imported directly (CBU) in Brazil till about 2020 where the minimum E content is 27, so this car should eb able to tolerate the same here, IMO. But I ain’t no auto engineer, this is all based on web research. The best option will be to wait another year and hope there is more clarity. But then if you need a car, what are your options? Buying luxury diesel means one’s heart will be in their mouths every now and then with reports such as banning diesel in all major cities etc, EV is the future for sure but far from being the present. A logical purchase right now is spending no more than 15-20 lacs given all these changes, if you can’t not buy a car. But if you are smitten by the luxury bug already, logic likely has taken a backseat I would say go for it, at the prices you are getting an outstanding core car. Yeah it has some missing features, but with that discount compared to its rivals, you can buy a high end hatchback or entry level sedan as a beater, how is that for missing features! For the CBU VS CKD argument, i think Manson has nailed it. If you don’t plan to resell it for long, go for the CBU. Do a door thud test between the two, may give you some idea of the build quality difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It's funny how majority of this thread is discussions around the most discounted brand-Audi, yet sales of Audi are amongst the lowest of the 3 Germans.

I am surprised, the halo and flagship models aren't being discounted much. Any news on discounts on the RS models or even the Q7?
Such bumper discounts on cars like Q3 (if perpetual) certainly seem weird given the car quality overall (but obviously great for buyers who get the discounts and stomach churning for the ones who learn about it here post facto ) compared to rivals. I get it for cars like Q5 which seem dated in interiors or even ride quality compared to competition. Not sure if Audi’s ability to offer discounts (if perpetual) has something to do with them sharing infrastructure with Skoda/VW in India. maybe they have lower overheads so they still make healthy margins? Good for us, either way

Last edited by manson : 4th July 2023 at 14:16. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Lux_Noob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 14:15   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbathina View Post
I am looking for an Audi Q5. I checked with the showroom in Chennai, they are not offering any discounts. It's hard to believe that there are no discounts. Is anyone aware of discounts on Audi Q5?
They do come up with those occasional no discount weeks when the dealer doesn't have inventory to sell!

Quote:
When a dealer is clueless about something its best to prepare yourself for the worst case scenario and assume the cars are not compliant or something isn't right. VAG's dead silence on the E20 compliance is rather strange. Not to confuse you further, but any specific reason you haven't considered the Sportback trim? Saw one pass by this past weekend and for a lac extra it would be a no brainer for those mini Urus looks alone!

Quote:
Well, the only validation is per the manual or fuel lid or maybe something in writing from Audi. If those still say E10 then it is E10.
Even if VAG decides to confirm on being E20 compliant for the EA888 engine the 95 RON marking on the fuel lid would still imply one would need to purchase the more expensive fuel at every refill apart for the best performance and upkeep of the engine.
manson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 15:47   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Even if VAG decides to confirm on being E20 compliant for the EA888 engine the 95 RON marking on the fuel lid would still imply one would need to purchase the more expensive fuel at every refill apart for the best performance and upkeep of the engine.
Sorry, an illiterate question but the normal “saada” petrol is not RON 95? I was told by Audi you can put either normal or premium. I assumed for the sporty days’ urge you need premium but normal won’t do any harm at least, for sedate city driving. Is one harming the engine by using normal petrol in this Q3?
Old 4th July 2023, 23:28   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, an illiterate question but the normal “saada” petrol is not RON 95? I was told by Audi you can put either normal or premium. I assumed for the sporty days’ urge you need premium but normal won’t do any harm at least, for sedate city driving. Is one harming the engine by using normal petrol in this Q3?
The CBU manual does say use RON95 and use RON91 (which I assume is the normal petrol) only in emergency and don’t rev hard in that scenario. However, upon checking, even the Audi service center folks confirm that for India, normal petrol is also fine (no explanation shared though).
Old 5th July 2023, 00:41   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, an illiterate question but the normal “saada” petrol is not RON 95?
In India the regular petrol is 91 Octane. 95 Octane variant is sold as premium petrol.

IOCL sells 2 variants of premium petrol - 95 Octane & 100 Octane.

I knew 95 Octane was about ₹10/ltr more, but yesterday when I was filling up my car I checked out the price of 100 Octane & it was ₹160/ltr in Delhi. I was like holy moly that's pricey!!
amitgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:46   #207
BHPian

Checked out BMW 330 GL Li and absolutely loved it. Getting 3 lakhs off on the on road price in Chennai. Is that a decent offer? What are the current offers elsewhere? Thanks.
Old 27th July 2023, 11:15   #208
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get any kind of deal on the M340i?

Last edited by Sheel : 16th August 2023 at 10:05. Reason: Capitalisation.
Old 27th July 2023, 12:07   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbathina View Post
A sales resource whom I have dealt with during his stint in another brand has joined Audi, Chennai. He called me up to inform that they are running an average of 3 to 4 Lakhs of discount and upwards for A4 and A6 respectively. Didn’t ask him specifically about Q5 though. I can connect you with him, if interested.

Last edited by manson : 22nd August 2023 at 23:47. Reason: Typos.
Old 16th August 2023, 10:04   #210
Senior - BHPian

Guys could someone help me understand the extent of which one can get a discount or offer on the Audi A4 please.
I live in the city of Bombay. I was told that the middle 'Premium Plus' variant can dip into the 40s but thought I'd ask to confirm the same.

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks