Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 06:35   #16
BANNED

Re: Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Why a lower GC? On Indian roads?
Why would you want to drive zig zag over potholes and speed breakers with the low GC!
The Honda City and Hyundai Verna currently in sale have a ground clearance of 165mm. I own a Honda City (4th gen - covered 1lakh+ kms) and Skoda Rapid (covered 17+k kms) having the same ground clearance. I find them very sufficient for potholed Kerala roads and never ever had a episode of under body hits. If Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo comes with a ground clearance of 165mm, the stance would definitely improve and looks more like a sedan. Adding 'practical bits' to even a sporty variant of a sedan, would just dilute the whole concept. I think we are taking the concept of ground clearance to all sorts of fantasy levels.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 07:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Why a lower GC? On Indian roads?

Why would you want to drive zig zag over potholes and speed breakers with the low GC!

Need to check how much handling will improve if GC is dropped by a bit.

Especially since 100kmph is the max speed you can take on highways due to now the speed gints and heavy fines. At least till 120kmph Nagpur expressway opens.
For each their own, I totally hate the raised stance of the car and that would be the first thing I do if I get one. Handling would definitely improve too. If I want high GC I will go for Kushaq.

I find the high GC very over rated. Been using my Octavia in famous Bangalore roads for 7 years and never found any issues. Infact I have gone ahead and changed my tyres to 225/45 and still happy with it.

So I am sure there are many like me who would love a Slavia Monte Carlo with low GC. So atleast one version which is more sporty is definitely worth.
Or am I too optimistic if I hope for a RS version? Slavia 1.5 is a performer and deserves a RS

Last edited by sunikkat : 17th November 2022 at 07:11.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post

Or am I too optimistic if I hope for a RS version? Slavia 1.5 is a performer and deserves a RS
Monte Carlo is mostly cosmetic.

Yes but RS is a proper sports car with suspension and engine tuned dofferently or all new.

Zac Hollis had said Skoda would like to do RS on Slavia.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...a-india-424408
Old 17th November 2022, 11:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Who on earth told this guy that launching special editions will boost sales?
I strongly suspect they had a look at brochures of Tata cars. Or had a drink with one of the folks involved in TaMo about edition planning .

But then again - VWAG/Skoda editions are not at all new for us here in India. Polo probably had the most editions of any car ever. Cup Edition, teaspoon edition, kettle edition.

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th November 2022 at 12:04.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 12:31   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
You know, because a paint job is easier than doing all that hard work.
That's what people at Tata are doing right now . Dark , Kaziranga , Jet edition. Uff!
Old 2nd September 2024, 09:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Slavia and Kushaq Monte Carlo Edition bookings open today at 5pm.

Media gets to drive the Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo at the BIC today - Link

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-smartselect_20240902093014_facebook.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250107092.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250109553.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250111585.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250113790.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250115929.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250118200.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250120542.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250123970.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250126576.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250128771.jpg

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-fb_img_1725250131088.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd September 2024 at 09:44.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 11:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo unveiled ahead of launch

Skoda has unveiled the Slavia Monte Carlo edition for the Indian market. The Slavia will also be available in a new Sportline trim. Prices for the new variants will be announced later today.

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-default_bp1200_1-4.jpg

The Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition features several cosmetic changes over the standard car. It gets a blacked-out front grill, black 16-inch alloy wheels, ORVMs, a sporty front spoiler, side skirts and a boot spoiler. The car also gets black garnish around the fog lamps and windows, door handles with Dark Chrome accents, smoked LED taillamp, black bumper garnish and darkened badges.

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-default_bp1200_1-3.jpg

Skoda has extended the all-black theme into the interior. The Monte Carlo edition gets a black dashboard with red inserts, 2-tone seat upholstery in red and black with ‘Monte Carlo’ embroidered onto the headrests and Monte Carlo scuff plates.

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-default_bp1200_1-2.jpg

In terms of features, the Monte Carlo edition comes with a black roof with an electric sunroof, aluminium pedals, electrically adjustable front seats, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system and an 8-inch digital instrument cluster with a red theme.

The Slavia Monte Carlo will be available with both 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engines. While the former will be offered with a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic, the latter gets a 7-speed DSG.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd September 2024 at 11:24.
TusharK is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 13:03   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Media gets to drive the Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo at the BIC today -
Going to the BIC to test the blacked out body work! Must be some magic in the paint if it leads to lower lap times. So much marketing, so little substance.
AdvanceStarter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 13:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanceStarter View Post
Going to the BIC to test the blacked out body work! Must be some magic in the paint if it leads to lower lap times. So much marketing, so little substance.
But hey, at least the media gets a joyride at BIC to admire the new paint job .
sharmanova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 15:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo unveiled ahead of launch

Skoda has unveiled the Slavia Monte Carlo edition for the Indian market.
Has Skoda Auto settled the Monte Carlo brand name issue with the garments brand? I believe the last time there was an objection for which the edition was withdraw only to reappear now.
Old 2nd September 2024, 15:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Has Skoda Auto settled the Monte Carlo brand name issue with the garments brand? I believe the last time there was an objection for which the edition was withdraw only to reappear now.
That was settled - https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-auto/68051134

Also Kushaq has been available in the Monte Carlo trim for a long time now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 16:55   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanceStarter View Post
Going to the BIC to test the blacked out body work!
That would have been the most expensive part of the overall launch!

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd September 2024 at 17:21.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 16:59   #28
BHPian

Monte carlo was and still is one of the most amazing racing circuit. May be, they are trying to relate the same on BIC.
Old 2nd September 2024, 17:16   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo launched at Rs 15.79 lakh.

Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-screenshot-20240902-172154.png

Skoda has also introduced the Slavia Sportline at Rs 14.05 lakh; both get cosmetic changes outside and inside.

Quote:
Slavia Monte Carlo costs Rs 20,000 less than the top-spec Prestige variant
It sports black highlights and is available with all three powertrain options
Slavia Sportline is priced about Rs 15,000 higher than the mid-spec Signature variant
Skoda Slavia Monte Carlo edition to be launched in India soon-screenshot-20240902-171647.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd September 2024 at 17:22.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 18:39   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sportline 1.5 DSG selling at ₹16.75 looks to be a good deal. The price of Sportline is closer to Signature variant which makes me believe that Sportline is based on Signature variant.

Paying ₹6k more for Sportline as compared to Signature gives you
- Sunroof/Moonroof
- Black alloys
- Black roof
- Blacked out elements on Front grille, front bumper & rear bumper

The black fabric detailing does not look that good in the snapshot as compared to black fabric seats on Signature
kgt.v8 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks