Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 09:06   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
This wasn't even one particular dealer but the entire website! At least the Skoda guys called back and enquired about my choice of dealership. C'mon, lacking the basic courtesy to deliver on a promised area by a manufacturer, irrespective of dealership or top management, speaks volumes about the interest and willingness of these people to sell an experience. Remember, it isn't just about selling a car. Maybe it's true that cars are now a commodity. It's as easy for me to walk into competitor X's showroom and pick up a similarly priced or higher priced variant. Truly not the customer's loss. Quoting a friend of mine, Honda (anybody tbh) might as well just pack its bags and leave.

Also, in an era of internet non-privacy, one is made to feel like a fool signing up on an umpteen number of websites, only for said action to have no use when it matters. So much for the user experience, of which I'm a designer.
Again, please dont seek customer experience at this stage. Its like asking Lego whether their construction toy will fulfill their child's requirement. The City is an established product, it is what it is. Choose the car if you seek space, refinement, good driver comfort and decently good performance and overall mechanical reliability. It also has some gripes which havent been resolved at the design stage (undersize tyres for example) and some feature deletions like rear camera with adaptive guidelines. But no product is ever complete. If you like the feel of a Honda City, go for it. But it isnt the best car out there in some areas like performance, and depending on how Hyundai packages the new Verna, may also be second best on some of its ace features like space.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 6th March 2023 at 09:08.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 09:10   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Honda really doesn't give a rat's arse anymore. Expected a call back when I enquired for a test drive on their website today. Nothing. The Skoda chaps called back, though they've their own issues.....that's the City dropped from the shopping cart real quick.
Might be a basic question but are you sure you don't have DND on or some spam blocker. Many times these calls get blocked with android spam blocker especially like my samsung does.

Maybe give them another chance? Experience of website I wouldn't take as a reason to reject a product.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th March 2023 at 10:46.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 09:46   #213
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
However, one thing we cannot criticise is their commitment to the City brand in India which continues to be updated timely and regularly and is the best in class all rounder.

Anybody who wants a reliable sedan, plan to keep it for 10 years, comfort oriented, with everything that just works should and will buy the Honda City rest all wanting performance can go to Skoda VW and people wanting diesel will go to Verna.
So damn true . I am currently travelling and my ride is a 2009 3rd-gen Honda City with 92000 km on the clock. Beautiful engine, smooth AT, decent space, extremely user-friendly...the car just runs & runs. I still spot several 3rd-gen Citys around, but not the Vernas from that era.

This remains the benchmark C2-segment sedan. The 4th-gen had its share of issues, but the 5th-gen City is spot on for the target market.
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 09:49   #214
BHPian

Having owned and driven one for 1 lakh kilometer, I can say than Honda City is an average car which is very overrated by its followers. Safety wise, build wise, German and Korean cars are far ahead.
Honda makes car lighter, gives a puny tyre to make sure they tick fuel average box but it wobbles and pitches giving a bouncy ride. Given the low ground clearance and soft suspension, a loaded one is sure to scrape and bottom out on large humps.
Feature wise, they are miserly. When in 2008 Dzire came with automatic climate control, they still offered manual a/c control. Even now, the screen and camera quality is sub par in the newly launched City.
I think sometimes it is difficult to take out the colored spectacles and view without prejudiced and jaundiced eyes.
My friend owned a dolphin shaped CHonda City and once a Hyundai Accent rammed it from behind on a red light because he stopped and the other person thought otherwise, the entire dickey (boot) caved in and there was barely a scratch on the Accent.
Verna is a very heavy car and is much safer than the lightweight City.

Quote:
People can continue to criticise Honda India and rightly so, despite having world class products they have faltered and how and still there is only talk. However, one thing we cannot criticise is their commitment to the City brand in India which continues to be updated timely and regularly and is the best in class all rounder.
Mod Note : Please go through Posting Etiquettes before making any fresh post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th March 2023 at 11:40. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
autobahnjpr is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2023, 10:28   #215
BANNED

Quote:
People can continue to criticise Honda India and rightly so, despite having world class products they have faltered and how and still there is only talk. However, one thing we cannot criticise is their commitment to the City brand in India which continues to be updated timely and regularly and is the best in class all rounder.

Having owned the dolphin and the arrow shot design of the City I think the new FL is a well rounded all rounder once again. I am looking forward to the test drive of the same.

Comparison to Slavia and Virtus - They only have the drivability going for them and performance otherwise I found their plastic quality and interior quality sub par and overpriced, the fact that Skoda sales guy agreed with me puts more weightage on that.

Comparison to Hyundai Verna - Having owned Hyundai's theyre not so cheap on maintenance and not big on safety, I have vowed never to buy another Hyundai until the made in India Hyundai is 5 star on Bharat NCAP list. I personally find the Verna spy photos ugly but then design is a subjective choice per person.

Anybody who wants a reliable sedan, plan to keep it for 10 years, comfort oriented, with everything that just works should and will buy the Honda City rest all wanting performance can go to Skoda VW and people wanting diesel will go to Verna.

Regarding 360 camera and Ventilated Seats omission, I have ventilated seats in my car but I never use them because I dont want the body odour of the driver to filter back to me so I dont find that a big deal. 360 would be nice but I find it baffling that we Indians want only features and not safety for us and our family. Having been in a life threatening accident I only value safety, comfort and reliability over performance (we cant go past 60 in city, 80 in MH highway and 100 on expressway anyways) and touch feel materials in the interior over gimmicks given by Hyundai and Kia which are terribly unsafe despite having 6 airbags as the body structure is compromised from day 1.

I hope some sanity prevails in Indians over safety and some sanity prevails at Honda India to relaunch CRV, Accord in India along with HRV and other global models.
Thanks for the post. Im here looking for an upgrade to my i10. Honda City does look like a good allrounder. Can you put in your view on the safety aspect of the car. Honda website doesn't make a mention of safety star rating. Not sure about v5.0, but City 4.0 body did feel more like Ciaz in term of strength. It is a general observation. Request share view on the safety rating of the Indian Honda City variant.
Old 7th March 2023, 11:12   #216
BHPian

Re: 5th Gen City refreshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So damn true . I am currently travelling and my ride is a 2009 3rd-gen Honda City with 92000 km on the clock. Beautiful engine, smooth AT, decent space, extremely user-friendly...the car just runs & runs. I still spot several 3rd-gen Citys around, but not the Vernas from that era.

This remains the benchmark C2-segment sedan. The 4th-gen had its share of issues, but the 5th-gen City is spot on for the target market.
Very true GTO. 3rd Gen city was just amazing. Hated the 4th Gen City. Have clocked 125000 kms on my 6-year-old Vento. Eyeing the City Hybrid Zx as the most favoured replacement. Hoping i can afford it's ownership
Old 7th March 2023, 11:59   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I will be hopping over to check out the new city over the weeekend and try and see if any of these can be retrofitted by Honda in my last year's model. Especially the infotainment and camera.
Well, I checked today with my HONDA dealership and none of these will be available as standard accessory to be fitted - Infotainment system, Camera, Boot Spoiler, Rear bumper carbon fibre insert nor the ADAS system (Honda Sense)
Venkatr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:28   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
Well, I checked today with my HONDA dealership and none of these will be available as standard accessory to be fitted - Infotainment system, Camera, Boot Spoiler, Rear bumper carbon fibre insert nor the ADAS system (Honda Sense)
I was expecting this. Honda might have made it difficult to retrofit them to the old cars to make the facelift a premium one.
Atleast from my expectations, this City facelift is big when it comes to Honda standards. The last facelift from Honda before this was that of Amaze and I could hardly believe what has changed. The price increase of mere 4K to 8K said all about it.

Mod Note : Please capitalise as required. Please go through our Posting Etiquettes.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th March 2023 at 12:32. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 7th March 2023, 19:24   #219

Quote:
Well, I checked today with my HONDA dealership and none of these will be available as standard accessory to be fitted - Infotainment system
Is the infotainment system/camera better than the one in the current City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
NVH in general comprises of the following factors
Thanks a lot for the detailed description!

Having made the mistake of not upgrading the tires right after delivery (despite my uncle and TeamBHP recommending it strongly), looks like my only option now is to get a quality under-coating done.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th March 2023 at 20:35. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 7th March 2023, 20:03   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Thanks for the post. Im here looking for an upgrade to my i10. Honda City does look like a good allrounder. Can you put in your view on the safety aspect of the car. Honda website doesn't make a mention of safety star rating. Not sure about v5.0, but City 4.0 body did feel more like Ciaz in term of strength. It is a general observation. Request share view on the safety rating of the Indian Honda City variant.
I understand that the 4th gen Honda City was tested by GNCAP and was rated 4 stars for both adult and child safety. The car doesnt appear robustly built on touch- feel basis. But it has better structural strength than say, the Creta which feels more robust but is actually 3 star rated.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:24   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

As the media drives heads towards its culmination.​

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211927.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211930.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211933.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211944.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211946.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211949.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211951.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_211958.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_212001.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_212003.jpg

Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-20230307_212006.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th March 2023 at 21:28.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:31   #222
BHPian

The biggest security feature in a car is mechanical reliability - a car which does not break down in the middle of nowhere. Honda shines in that area. City may not be a perfect product but it's probably the best in its class.
pkk077 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:58   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Well said. Today, buyers want the latest technology in their cars analogous to the gadget world. The engine is a very old technology, especially when it is a naturally aspirated engine. There is nothing to boast about engine technology (Honda iVTEC) when you find a 20 year old car with same iVTEC technology though it is an unlikely event to spot a 20 year old competitor car in this segment on road today.
Old 8th March 2023, 13:08   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Instead of Rogerub, if you are willing to spend some extra money, try getting all the 4 studs ( important as the car will start rocking if only 2 are replaced) replaced with the ones on eHev model. That would eliminate the problem as the shocks on the eHev have a much better damping. I would have preferred Bilstein B6 studs if they were available for the City
I confirmed with HONDA accessories dept and service personnel that the shocks in 5th gen City eHEV model will NOT fit in City 5th gen ICE model as the part numbers are different
Old 8th March 2023, 16:17   #225
BANNED

Quote:
I confirmed with HONDA accessories dept and service personnel that the shocks in 5th gen City eHEV model will NOT fit in City 5th gen ICE model as the part numbers are different
Part number has to be different, if they are different. Fitment needs to be checked as the design may be the same. I do not think Honda would have changed the design of the shocks at the first place.
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks