Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:30   #181
BHPian

re: Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs

The difference in upfront cost between V NA and V hybrid is ~6 lakhs. For people with my kind of running (30K KMs per year), that's breakeven in ~3 years (assuming 12 KMPL for NA, and 24 KMPL for the hybrid)

Hybrid's payback period is ~75% more than the payback for an equivalent diesel (assuming 18 KMPL). But, in a world without diesel, the hybrid may not be totally pointless as it would still payback compared to NA petrol.
buzzy_boy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 12:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

More pictures in the new Obsidian blue pearl colour.

Attachment 2424651

Attachment 2424652
Won't comment much on the facelift mechanical or feature upgrades, but this version of City looks awesome IMO (much nicer than the upcoming Verna).
07CR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:37   #183

I bought Honda City V CVT 5th Gen in Jan 22. On comparing I totally like the facelift. The features are also quite decent as the difference is only +35K. I say this because I always felt the pre-facelift too was a very VFM proposition. You get a lot from Alloy wheels, Cruise Control, 4 airbags on the previous base variant. Now it has only bettered with ADAS and other offerings. The VFM quotient has further increased especially for the V variant.
I also noticed that the alloys for V now are little better than before.
Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs-city_compare.png
Kudos to Honda for bringing in a better car without increasing the price too much.
vineetklkrn is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:41   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Where is the facelift? After all the hullabaloo on social media, the car still looks the same. The infotainment system looking like an aftermarket unit from 2016 was one of the major drawbacks and that still looks the same. Whole interior looks dated because of it. How is this supposed to compete with the VW 2.0 cars?

The car looks like coming straight out of the 2016 announcements. The cabin looks dated and i did not get the exterior face lifts either eye catching.

The VW Virtus looks so much better. Even the Slavia(not very sure about this though)
Vidzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:46   #185
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Even the manual variants get ADAS. Wonder how will the ACC/AEB will work. Just confirmed it from Overdrive video.
Old 3rd March 2023, 17:06   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
The car looks like coming straight out of the 2016 announcements. The cabin looks dated and i did not get the exterior face lifts either eye catching.

The VW Virtus looks so much better. Even the Slavia(not very sure about this though)
Honda went from a futuristic interior design to a neutral one. Personally, I found the old one better looking(minus that old school instrument cluster). Honda really needs to offer black interior option with select exterior shades at least. The current car with black interiors and red inserts actually looks very good(ASEAN RS models). There's simply too much beige going on. Now, it's trying to look sporty outside while the interiors are too executive-ish. That woody panel feels totally out of place. People are actually accepting and willing to buy RS like variants now. Example, the Korean GT line models.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 20:37   #187
BHPian

Good to see THE 'OG (Original) SEDAN' continues to rule in the era of pseudo SUVs!

City is still hard to beat in terms of reliability, understated styling, comfort and overall snob value not only in it's class of C segment sedans but also tapping the loyal customers of almost dying D segment sedans being 4.5m+ long.

The addition of SV variant, front grille chrome reduction, wireless charger and few other additions were all mentioned by potential customers on different platforms, TeamBHP, Twitter etc... which Honda has actually taken into consideration. Kudos !
i_s_bajwa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 21:18   #188

Although the cosmetic changes and the VFM proposition looks good on top. I deeply fear that Honda might be making this move to cover its weaknesses - Good build quality, Top Safety, Sporty driving dynamics.
And these three weaknesses are the strengths of its competitors in this segment. The 4 star rating for the 2018 model with unstable structure is very dodgy and I for one would not feel safe even if it is a 4 stars on paper.
Somewhere deep down, I feel that the combo of the current 1.5L NA engine + an excellent tank build + a 5 star rating + a simple design with no gimmicks, priced somewhere just below the price of the top end Virtus would be a killer blow to the competitors in this segment, given that Hondas are known for their long term reliability.
clement.lloyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 09:16   #189

Looking forward to more info on E20 compliance of new Honda City. Does that mean that the previous models are unsuitable for e20 fuels?
Old 4th March 2023, 10:11   #190
BHPian

What is this "low speed follow" in adaptive cruise control? I test-drove Tucson with ADAS and even in that car, when ACC was enabled, the car slowed down when the car in the front did so. Is this the same that Honda tries to call with a different name?

Also, at what speed ACC starts to kick-in?
Old 4th March 2023, 10:39   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
What is this "low speed follow" in adaptive cruise control? I test-drove Tucson with ADAS and even in that car, when ACC was enabled, the car slowed down when the car in the front did so. Is this the same that Honda tries to call with a different name?

Also, at what speed ACC starts to kick-in?
ACC standard cutoff speed is 35 kmph as per their website.
Link: https://m.hondacarindia.com/ownersma...06350046-11226

ACC with low speed follow should mean even at speeds below 35 kmph new Honda city hybrid will still follow the car at the front without cutting off. At what speed will low speed follow cut off I’m not sure as it’s a new untested feature.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:19   #192
BHPian

Re: Honda City Facelift launched at Rs. 11.49 lakhs

It is appreciable that Manufacturers like Honda wants their customer to use ADAS, all variants except base variant is equipped with ADAS and this is the lowest priced car in India with ADAS which is a good thing.

Apart from ADAS their isn't much changes in the facelift. Ventilated and electric parking brake would've made the cabin experience better.

ADAS will be the new sunroof for us Indians.
tiagoatrix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 17:59   #193
BHPian

Hello, first of all my sincere apology for giving wrong information about 2023 City in my earlier post. I request moderator to please delete my that post.

I am travelling since last few days so could not follow, in detail, this thread & 2023 City launch, however I feel 2023 City update is slightly better than what Honda did in 2017.

If we compare City with all other 4 meter plus sized vehicle available on sale then I think City score at par or may be little more than available options variant to variant and also price to price. Indian highways has highest legal speed of 120kmph and City within this speed is almost at par with others. It has amongst the highest respect and owners can feel that proud feelings of owning City.

If I buy 2023 City few things I do immediately

1. Change the tyre to 205/50/R16
2. Door & boot dumping
3. Put Rogerab suspension buffers for better stability & comfortable ride at higher speeds

With my 60k km experience with Honda City 2018, I can say with confidence, you can't go wrong with City, it is jack of all trades & master of reliability.

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 4th March 2023 at 18:02.
GoBabyGo is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 00:10   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post

If I buy 2023 City few things I do immediately

1. Change the tyre to 205/50/R16
2. Door & boot dumping
3. Put Rogerab suspension buffers for better stability & comfortable ride at higher speeds
Upsizing the tyres is a good idea. Verdistin Ultrac tyres are very grippy. But if silent tyres are preferred, Michelin Primacy 3st would be good.

Door and boot damping would be good if you are installing speakers and a better music system. For road and external noise, I think it would be an overkill..

I would suggest that proper 3M rubberised coating ( 2 ltrs should be used) for the under chassis and wheel arches would solve much of the issue with respect to NVH. The problem is that there are very few players who do a honest job. I would prefer 2 coats with a gap of 1 week would seal the surface properly.

Instead of Rogerub, if you are willing to spend some extra money, try getting all the 4 studs ( important as the car will start rocking if only 2 are replaced) replaced with the ones on eHev model. That would eliminate the problem as the shocks on the eHev have a much better damping. I would have preferred Bilstein B6 studs if they were available for the City.

It is better not to buy the wireless charger if it is sold separately as an accessory. Magnetic chargers are much better than the flatbed chargers for the modern phones, particularly iPhones.

Honda City is an excellent car when driven sedately.

All the best! Drive safe! 😊
Chethan B G is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 01:11   #195
BHPian

Being an existing owner (2021) I can say that Honda has played it smartly by shuffling the feature list across the variants to deceive as if there's not much increase. Infact the VX variant of the pre facelift version has lost it's VFM tag. It had most of the features of the ZX except those leatherette seats, LED lighting, rear sun blinds & all window auto up/down function. The most ignored aspect of this facelift is that dated display unit, pathetic rear cam, dashboard layout and importantly ventilated seats. The addition of that aftermarket lookalike wireless charger, rear bumper cladding and shedding of that excess chrome at the front is a welcome addition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks