Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 20:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open

Hyundia's SUV spied during cold weather testing in Sweden.

Spy photos Hyundai Ai3 2024:

Quote:
A rival to the new TATA Punch, with just under four meters that offers a very square silhouette and with a rear door noticeably larger than the Casper, with which it will share some of the most modern aesthetic features of its design. The snapshots show thin headlights on the top of the front with an "H" shaped daytime running light, the new distinctive feature that we have already seen aboard the new Santa Fe, as well as the main dipped and road lights at the ends of the bumper.

The rear, as usual, barely reveals pilots with LED technology installed in a large tailgate, giving access to a trunk with a generous cargo volume, despite its small proportions. The spy photos of the new Hyundai Ai3, l as it is known internally, also show attractive 15-inch alloy wheels, so the sportiness and attractiveness that Hyundai is printing in this model are key to conquer the general Indian public, where competition is increasing.
Quote:
A character that will also extend to the interior, where different color combinations are expected, a touch screen in the center console equipped with a multimedia system with connectivity services. The new Hyundai Ai3 will be the great novelty of the Korean brand in India from the beginning of 2024, going on sale with low-displacement gasoline engines, such as the well-known 1.2-liter MPI with 75 hp and a three-cylinder 1.0-liter T-GDI with 100 hp, enough to displace this model with capacity for four passengers.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-screenshot-20230405-203938.png

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-screenshot-20230405-204010.png

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-screenshot-20230405-203858.png

Quote:
Hyundai Ai3 that will sell in India from 2024, an urban crossover smaller than the Venue.
Quote:
This small model that appears in these spy photos is intended for India, and other emerging markets, a bet that will be placed in the offer of this populated country in Asia below the renewed Venue and a little larger than the Hyundai Casper, which is not sold precisely in this market, so the new Ai3 will become the model of access to the product offer of the South Korean firm in India, despite having an important relationship.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th April 2023 at 20:46.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 23:32   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I think I'll keep my Brezza booking to replace my aging Swift then. Cannot stand the jerky AMT one bit (no offense to any current AMT owners, my personal stand and preference). The Venue doesn't make sense with its DCT+Turbo for my city ambling purposes which the Brezza can give me with its butter like 1.5L NA+TC combo.
Old 12th April 2023, 22:17   #18
BHPian

Hyundai Ai3 render based on spy images. The design looks compact and impressive!

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-images02.jpeg

Source- GaadiWaadi.com
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Hyundai Ai3 render based on spy images. The design looks compact and impressive!

Attachment 2439418

Source- GaadiWaadi.com
Sorry but this doesn't match any of the spy images above. Looks like someone just painted his imagination on this one.
ToThePoint is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 06:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post

Attachment 2439418

Source- GaadiWaadi.com
I'm 100% sure this is AI-generated. It does not even correspond with the spy shots.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 12:33   #21

Stunning looks! This might sell like hot cakes in India.
Wish there was a frugal Diesel engine on this one
ScrabbleMan17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 09:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Ai3 compact SUV for India is christened as Exter.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-20230414_094529.jpg

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-20230414_094742.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th April 2023 at 09:55.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 10:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

This might steal a lot of sales from Punch but no other cars. I am hoping that it comes with a proper CVT/AT and not a boring AMT.

OT: Who is their right minds would name this SUV "Exter"? Imagine Exter-Creta duo parked next to each other.
amtak is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 10:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Exter - Press Release

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-smartselect_20230414105200_chrome.jpg
Old 14th April 2023, 11:14   #25
BHPian

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-exter.jpg

I know this image is skewed due to the perspective, but the silhouette gave me original Santro vibes .
lordrayden is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 12:00   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post

I know this image is skewed due to the perspective, but the silhouette gave me original Santro vibes .
I also got the same vibes, though it gave the resurrected Santro vibes more than the OG design one. Just hope it doesn't fail like the resurrected Santro. However, companies nowadays are not giving much thought to the names . Maruti calling the lifted Baleno fronx to Hyundai calling this elevated grand i10 ester. No thought processes are going in this department, only to the (over)styling and tech and features . By the way is this 1.2l engine the enlarged form of the 1.1l engine which was found in the original tall boy santro?
P.S. Whenever I see a new design from Hyundai department, I look at my OG Santro 's sweet smile in the garage , and wonder how the simple elegant design evolved in to this teeth- baring- eat -you-up designs of the cars nowadays And how a company which used to provide ABS and fuel injection to customers , have developed this Maruti like attitude towards safety.
Old 14th April 2023, 12:04   #27
BHPian

Hyundai Marketing Seniors- Alright team, we need a new name for our upcoming car. Any suggestions?

Employee X - Sir people have criticized our recent 'Exterior' designs quite a lot. Can we have something more conventional for this new car?

Seniors- Alright, we'll call this new car 'Exter' and Mr. X make sure to collect your termination letter.
abhi9044 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 14:15   #28
BANNED

So we can expect a 2 star crash worthyness? Since it's based on Nios Aura's platform?
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 15:53   #29
BHPian

Oh nice another "SUV". I'm thankful the Verna wasn't called an elongated SUV at launch. Considering how small our Venue is on the inside, how exactly is this supposed to seat any more than 2 skinny folks in comfort?
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 16:59   #30
BHPian

Tata Punch popularity and success is attributed a lot to its 5 star safety rating, as the majority of the buyers talk about it. I doubt Hyundai can replicate this. This segment will be very competitive now as there is Fronx also with premium features for premium customers.
Overall, a good time ahead for car buyers!
khanmaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks